Dogs

Thanys

Banned deucer.
Hello, Good Afternoon, so, I already have two dogs, Nina, a mutt, She died unfortunately because she was from a friend of my father's, she had not been vaccinated properly and ended up dying, now I have my Scooby-Doo, he is a handsome brown labrador, he is 4 years old and he has an illness he can not stop scratching, and then he has a huge sore on his chest and face, it cuts my heart, I love my dog, I love to have dogs, I agree, without the dogs in this world, our world would be more aggressive, the dogs transmit to me love, companionship, brothers relationship, I love the dogs :)

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Out of curiosity, which dogs are the easiest to maintain?
Well... Guess the answer to this question comes with a disclaimer since all dogs are a big responsibility and every dog is different so even normally gentle breeds can have hard to handle individuals. But if you want the easiest dogs to handle behavior wise, you may want an older dog since they outgrew their hyper puppy years and can come already trained. Of course they can potentially come with health problems but that could be the case no matter the dog. Getting a mix would mitigate these health issues though.

If you are looking for a specific breed though, (still recommend mixes) retrievers are generally good dogs. They are usually non aggressive (goldens are getting iffy lately though) and easy to train. Hope this helps.

Out of curiosity, which dogs are the easiest to maintain?
Small dogs that don't have to go on long walks every day are pretty easy to maintain. Some of them require more grooming than other dogs, but a quick brush takes less time than giving a bigger dog its necessary 30 minute walk. I've had no shed dogs all my life, and I highly recommend a no-shed dog or a mix with a no-shed dog; your clothes and carpets will thank you. It's also best to get a dog with minimal health problems so that you don't have to worry too much about specific routines and medicines for your dog. The dog that best fits this criteria is a Shih-tsu as they're small, no-shed, healthy, and pretty lazy dogs that don't need tons of walking. Their coat does require a little more grooming than most dogs, but it's less grooming than another no-shed dog like a Bichon Frise or a Poodle.

I currently have a Yorkie, and I love her to death. She doesn't need that much walking as she can get a good amount of exercise from running around the house and playing with toys c: If you give them the short haircut, then they don't need to be groomed very often (unlike the long, flowing haircut that takes lots of maintenance). All in all, get a dog that matches your lifestyle the most - that should help with keeping maintenance low.

1528906834202.png

I Love my dogs, Eme and Wulfric
Wulfric is a Male alaskan malamute, around 1 year and 3 months old, Eme is a Female Border collie of 7 years.... (the kitty in the 2nd and final pic is Nanu) I'm bad at names so I just think of pokemon characters.... (Eme is short for Emerald, though I ended up keeping it as Eme)
21765844_788979107955425_3182557627433652018_o.jpg22467772_798313507021985_3938036036424815907_o.jpg25673435_827715194081816_1667902725_o.jpg22538974_798313833688619_4260064597414625128_o.jpg

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
https://files.catbox.moe/8ppeoe.png

We had to put down my dog because he kept biting people and the vet said he was emotionally unstable. He was a very nice dog, he was biting out of fear, not aggression. We think his previous owners (he was a rescue) abused him.

He never licked, if he wanted to give kisses he would bump your face with his wet nose. He was really lazy for a German Shorthaired Pointer and preferred to just lay down in the sunroom looking outside or right next to you, instead of running. But he liked to run for short amounts of time, once we took him to a farm and there were pheasants everywhere he could chase and long grass to run through and he was a good boy and didn't even flinch when we started skeet shooting. His favorite food was Salmon. When we first got him he was afraid of water despite being a water dog but we got him to eventually be fine running through creeks and the like.

He was a good boy who loved almost everyone he met. He only thought he was protrcting himself and his family. I hope he can have a good time in Heaven before the rest of the family goes up there and can play with him again.

Reactions: dom

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Update: The babies are getting old. The day their eternal love and protection leaves this house, i will shed big black man tears

0042.jpg

0041.jpg

The last time i gave thought to what breed i would get next, i kept thinking of rottweilers, but i have yet to do my research on the breed.
(Ps: This is a random pic from google)
000231.jpg

Ninahaza

You know what this place needs? More cuteness. Lets post more doggo pics..........

lol ok i just wanted an excuse for people to post more doggo pics.

received_387283752081373.jpeg

Dont worry about the boy, for he is with me. He is a stark and the bois would never harm him. In fact he is protected

Ninahaza

God that kid is going to grow up with my best hounds. He will have the world itself.

Sigh, lucky bastard. #Housestark

Actually I have two dogs, Mel and Scooby-Doo. Mel is a blonde female dog, her race is a mix of York Shire and Basset Hound. She will complete two years old next month, and I love Mel because she is very funny, animated, cute, small, she is like the baby of my house, agressive sometimes, mainly with stranger people, but such a lovely dog, I love you Mel!
Talking about my second dog, Scooby-Doo. He is a brown male dog, his race is Labrador with six years old (older than Mel). Scooby-Doo protects Mel a lot, but he is very jealous about her, because Mel basically is a princess and baby, while Scooby-Doo is the safety of our house. He is also such a very lovely dog, sometimes more than Mel, and he knows how to be agressive, I love his spirit of guard.
I believe that the greatest impact my dogs have brought on my life has been to improve my spirit. The dogs are incredible animals, they detect everything easily and are very sensitive. When I am sad, they make me very happy, when they are sad, I rejoice them, that's a trade. My dream is to have a house with at least 5 dogs, because I know that besides being happy, I will be safe, because the dogs are the purest animals I know, I literally love them all.

Observation: I don't have any picture here right now, but when I get, I will upload this comment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)