DOU Break This Team

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Congrats to Miltankmilk for winning week three! His submission will be added to the Hall of Fame, and we'll be breaking one of his very own teams this weak.

Say it (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 228 HP / 136 Def / 128 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Holdin On (Conkeldurr) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Wide Guard

Never Be Like You (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Drop The Game (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Sleepless (Thundurus) @ Magnet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

What You Need (Volcanion) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Haze
- Protect
"So this team was based around the core of Garde + Conkeldurr with Trick Room support. They're able to beat a lot of each others check and immediately become threatening with Trick Room up. Bisharp acts as a check to Jirachi, Landorus, and other Psychics that could otherwise give this core problems. Next is an Offensive Thundurus and Scarf Landorus which provided alternate forms of speed control while also keeping up offensive pressure. Lastly there's a Haze Volcanion because Azu was still a problem for this team and this is a really cool stop to that while also being the Fire for the team so I don't lose to Ferrothorn."

Let's see if you can break this team!

Submissions close Friday at 4:00 PM GMT -5

PSA: I thought this was p obvious, but if someone's name isn't on the voting list, you can't vote for them -_-

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Breloom and Zapdos?

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Zapdos @ Magnet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 100 SpA / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power Ice
- Roost

Opposing team has no sleep and no Kang or sash mons, so I don't mind getting rid of Rocky Helmet or Goggles. Moved 16 SpD EVs to SpA along with the Magnet to get the ohko on volcanion. So tl;dr Tbolt Volcanion, Sleep anything else, get Tailwind up so that Zapdos can ko lando-t or Breloom can sleep it. Jolly outruns Bisharp and Mach Punches before sash breaks by sucker. Conk can break it of course at the cost of sleep.

It's a bit standard but i think it works.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect

Jirachi @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 64 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind

Even with haze, azumarill is a huge threat to the team. It OHKOs bisharp thundurus and landorus with a +5 aqua jet, and outspeeds volcanion to OHKO it with a +5 knock off.

Jirachi has been tailored to aid azumarill. The EVs let it take a bisharps knock off and outspeed gardevoir to iron head it, which 2hkos. Stealth rock ensures +5 aqua jet ohkos gardevoir, while also just damaging everyone else (volc and thund especially) for the rest of the team. I figured I'd put icy wind as the last move over protect because there is no fake out to worry about and the theoretical rest of the team would benefit. I didn't need goggles as there is no sleep to worry about. And rocky helmet helps for conk

Conkeldurr is the only mon which is a slight issue. But it can't hurt azu after it sets up. +5 aqua jet does 68-81. Add one round of rocky helmet and rocks you're getting at least 91% on conk.

I calced +5 because I assume lando will get in at least once to lower Azus attack

Thanks to the painful memory of facing GiraGoomy I know that Gastrodon is a definite mon to choose against this team. It walls especially Volcanion and Thundurus hard and 2HKO them. (There is a high chance OHKO Volcanion if boosted.) In addition, it OHKO's Landorus-T and Bisharp w/ plenty of opportunities to Recover; I dare you to use Trick Room.

I also chose Aegislash because Volcanion + Thundurus + Landorus-T + Bisharp means nothing if Gastrodon can so easily take care of them. In addition, Aegislash got its own mechanisms to withstand Landorus-T / Volcanion + Bisharp / Conkeldurr; they are Wide Guard and King's Shield. (Be careful of Knock Off.) And of course, Aegislash takes care of Mega Gardevoir.

Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Last edited:

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Imo Miltankmilk's team is broken by one of its own mons: Conkeldurr.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

Life Orb Conkeldurr OKHO's half of Miltankmilk's team:
  • Vs. Landorus-T: -2 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 322-385 (100.9 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

• Vs. Thundurus-I: 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 398-468 (133.1 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 265-312 (88.6 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

• Vs. Bisharp: -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 317-380 (116.9 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Wide Guard blocks Gardevoir Hyper Voice, Landorus-T EQ/RS, and Volcanion Heat Wave. Nothing on Miltankmilk's team discourages the use of Wide Guard.

Also, anything not named Gardevoir takes at least a decent chunk of damage from Conkeldurr:
  • Vs. Volcanion: 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Volcanion: 253-298 (69.6 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Vs. Mirroring Conkeldurr: 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Conkeldurr Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Conkeldurr: 304-359 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Meanwhile: 240+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Conkeldurr: 147-174 (35.5 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Will Conk 1v6 Milktankmilk's team and win? Obviously not. But partner LO + Wide Guard Conkeldurr with decent Gardevoir checks and a TR setter or two and you should have a pretty good chance against the team.

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

The team is pretty weak to Kangaskhan on it's own; no opposing fake out, switch ins, or redirection, but adding Volcarona is a surefire win. Again, no fake out or redirection, so Volcarona + Fake Out is always a free set up turn 1. Because most of the team is so slow, Mega Kangaskhan can run a very bulky set, easily shrugging off Drain Punch or 2 Mach Punches from Conkeldurr, while outspeeding all of Gardevoir, Volcanion, Bisharp, and Conk. Volcarona outspeeds Scarf Landorus after a Quiver Dance and with a boost will always survive a Steam Eruption from Volcanion. It packs Lum Berry to cure off a Thunder Wave from Thundurus, but even if it does get Paralyzed, Volcarona still beats most of the team.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Time to vote! To vote, just post the name of the user you're voting for.

Bughouse
AuraRayquaza
Test Bot #
GenOneRaisedGenY
KyleCole

Voting ends Monday at an arbitrary time I'll probably end up missing anyways.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Congrats to KyleCole for winning this week! His submission will be added to the Hall of Fame, and we'll be breaking one of his very own teams this weak.

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
Happiness: 0
EVs: 44 HP / 176 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration
- Sucker Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 144 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 120 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Detect

"This is my CM Sylveon variant of the infamous standard team I've been using for awhile now. Originally the goal of this team was to remain as consistent as the Azumarill version of the team with good match ups across the board, while being especially effective against some of the popular niche counters to the Azumarill variant & AzuRachi in general (think Gastrodon, Kyurem, etc).

The most obvious match up issue that arises from swapping Azumarill to Sylveon are vs fire types, but between genies & Kang to beat Zard Y and Volcanion, and Shuca Volcanion to beat all variants of Heatran and Talonflame, the fires are taken care of. Fires that check Sylveon defensively like Rotom-H or Heatran actually lose to CM Sylveon, and Kangakshan is always there to pick up the slack.

Quick explanation of the complex EV spreads: Kang lives +6 jet from Azu, Lando lives bulky thund HP Ice & +1 LO Bisharp Sucker Punch, Jirachi outspeeds -1 speed Mega Gengar, Sylveon deals 75% to max HP Azumarill at +1 so that my Rachi + Sylveon beats AzuRachi. Sylveon also has enough bulk to take 2 EQs from Lando-T, and Lando-T Rock Slide never breaks substitute."

Let's see if you can break this team!

Submissions close Friday at 7 PM GMT -5.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

TR does well vs this team and only has one fire resist so max SpA CharY can wipe this team out once it takes out volc. P2 does a good job with terrific bulk and thunderbolt for volc plus ice beam to hit lando and thundy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)