DOU Team Bazaar

Paraplegic

relax...
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
approved by kamikaze17 | Original idea taken from NU Bazaar | OP Stolen from Terrakion. and the OU Bazaar

DOU Team Bazaar

The purpose of this thread is to allow users to be able to seek out advice on their teams or just simply just want to share them. Maybe you don't want to make an entire RMT dedicated to that team, but still would like to share it with everyone, share them here! There are some requirements when it comes to posting a team which are as follows:

• Be sure to have tested the team. I'd prefer teams that are complete and tested as this is considered a resource and newer players might look to here once in a while.
    • Have a brief description and an importable of the team on what you built around, type of team is it, etc.
Example post:
BLUE SUN - by KyleCole and kamikaze17

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Protect

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wide Guard
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power

This is Blue Sun. It was made by myself and kamikaze17 and you know that it's a good team because we have a bunch of points on the power rankings. Combined we have more than you. A lot more. It is called Blue Sun because 4 of the Pokemon are Blue and it is a Sun team.

We started with Charizard Y I think (Blue Sun was made awhile ago) with Tyrantrum because being a rock type and a dragon type Tyrantrum covered threats like Thundurus, Talonflame, and other dragons that threatened Charizard, while of course Charizard pretty much beat everything else. A set with Lum Berry and Dragon Dance gives Tyrantrum the opportunity to beat faster Dragons and Thundurus who refuse to switch out on a rock type and think (correctly most often) that Thunder Wave is always the proper play.

Speaking of Thunder Wave, we have Thundurus. Thundurus is good for beating things that the rest of the team cannot as long as they aren't electric type, ground type, or have the ability limber. Oh wait it has Swagger to beat those as well. The Thunder Wave support is especially appreciated by Charizard of course, but adding more insurance against Talonflame, bulky waters sans sun, and opposing Thundurus was nice. Of course it also has great synergy with Lando T. You know what Landorus T does: Intimidate support, fast offense, U-turn.

Amoonguss>Venu because we needed a supportive backbone for the team that Venusaur just wouldn't fill. Amoonguss is also better for supporting Tyrantrum set up. It is also slow enough to not have us always instantly lose against Trick Room (swagger helps here as well).

Swampert was added next for Wide Guard support, then swapped for Tailwind Suicune (also blue), then swapped BACK to Swampert with Icy Wind as well for a great support option, it checks pretty much every Pokemon that threatens Charizard and beats Thundurus, Landorus, and Heatran which are especially threatening to any sun team.

For rating, be sure you know what you are doing and be serious with the help you provide! Lastly, don't get upset at anyone, they are just trying to help. Be open to constructive criticism and willing to improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weevil Underwood

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Feint
- Return
- Close Combat
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 94 Def / 54 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

This team was built around the very underappreciated threat that is mega pinsir. Not only does it hit super hard with aerialate returns and possibly KO kang with close combat, but it can out priority follow me and rage powder with feint to help finish off weakened threats. It comes in particularly helpful in dealing with azumarill once it has been chipped a bit.

Kyurem-Black threatens the most common rock slide user, lando-t, and deals with many fire types and takes on bulky water types, many of which carry ice type attacks that threaten pinsir greatly. I've really taken a liking to LO three attacks kyube recently, partially because it gets the ohko on amoongus, and partly because fusion bolt is just nice to pull out on an unsuspecting char-y or talon.

Next comes lando-t because what better way to deal with opposing lando-t than with your own. Intimidate support helps to keep pinsir healthy, as its defenses are not the highest, and its defensive typing is pretty abhorrent. Pretty sure we all get what lando-t does at this point.

We've also got jirachi for a nice way to redirect / slow down threats that pinsir otherwise couldn't deal with. It also conveniently takes dragon and water type moves like a champ for kyurem and lando. I had tried amoonguss in this slot originally to deal with water types and because i love spore, but it simply was not effective after testing it out several times. It made the team far too ice beam weak.

Volcanion's water / fire typing covers a lot of holes in the team, providing a good heat wave / talon switch in and also helping to deal with opposing volcanion.

Finally, Thundurus provides more speed control, another talon / volcanion check, an offensive threat to diancie, and a way to hax the fuck out of people if I can't win by being good.

Last edited:
Weevil Underwood

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Feint
- Return
- Close Combat
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 94 Def / 54 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

This team was built around the very underappreciated threat that is mega pinsir. Not only does it hit super hard with aerialate returns and possibly KO kang with close combat, but it can out priority follow me and rage powder with feint to help finish off weakened threats. It comes in particularly helpful in dealing with azumarill once it has been chipped a bit.

Kyurem-Black threatens the most common rock slide user, lando-t, and deals with many fire types and takes on bulky water types, many of which carry ice type attacks that threaten pinsir greatly. I've really taken a liking to LO three attacks kyube recently, partially because it gets the ohko on amoongus, and partly because fusion bolt is just nice to pull out on an unsuspecting char-y or talon.

Next comes lando-t because what better way to deal with opposing lando-t than with your own. Intimidate support helps to keep pinsir healthy, as its defenses are not the highest, and its defensive typing is pretty abhorrent. Pretty sure we all get what lando-t does at this point.

We've also got jirachi for a nice way to redirect / slow down threats that pinsir otherwise couldn't deal with. It also conveniently takes dragon and water type moves like a champ for kyurem and lando. I had tried amoonguss in this slot originally to deal with water types and because i love spore, but it simply was not effective after testing it out several times. It made the team far too ice beam weak.

Volcanion's water / fire typing covers a lot of holes in the team, providing a good heat wave / talon switch in and also helping to deal with opposing volcanion.

Finally, Thundurus provides more speed control, another talon / volcanion check, an offensive threat to diancie, and a way to hax the fuck out of people if I can't win by being good.
This is a really great team! And, tbh I had recently made a similar team like yours. Somethings that I would recommend is that you use:

1. a bulky Thundurus over your current one. This is because it will give you another reliable Landorus-T killer as well a Taunt user. As far as I can see, you got nothing to counter a TR team except through sheer power. And Flash Cannon (as far as I can see) is just there to counter Fairy types, typically Mega Diancie. However, considering that Mega Diancie usually has a redirector with it (and you don't have taunt), I think it's better for you to just use a bulky Thundurus.

2. an Amoonguss instead of Jirachi. It's true that Jirachi is better in most cases, but considering your weak position against TR, Amoonguss just seems like a better option than Jirachi. Obviously, the advantage is Spore spamming, and in normal circumstances, Spore is just handy whenever you have the opportunity to use it, especially against Kang + Landorus-T. And as far as I can see, only Jirachi and Volcanion/Heatran only uses Safety Goggles, thus in most cases, you should be just fine by using Amoonguss.

3. a sub Volcanion over your current Volcanion. I know that a lot players have said that Volcanion is not sub viable, but I really think that you need it. While the genies + Heatran (Earth Power) are around, it is bound to receive a heart-breaking damage. Instead, Sub gives you a chance to OHKO Landorus-T and Heatran back.

4. an Wide Guard Aegislash over Kyurem-B. If you choose to use the change that I mentioned above, you should definitely use Aegislash because of its defensive typing and the support that it gives. You may see Landorus-T as a problem, but it's actually easy to stop it with the suggestions that I have provided. Furthermore, it'll easily stop Heat Wave and Rock Slide, moves that are quite effective against your team.

Well, these are just my suggestions, but I still think that your Mega Pinsir team is well made and should work out just fine. Good Job for bringing an underrepresented Mega back to life!

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Weevil Underwood
5 legends is too much, 2 at most if you're good

Double genie + Volca Rachi is really good right now, also LO Kyube is a nice set.

I think Sub Volcanion would be good, since it's really great with Rachi + Intim. You also have a lot of stuff that pressure opposing Volcanion (especially Kyube) so I don't think you'd be missing EP that much.

Since you're kinda lacking in Fire resists I would maybe consider EVing Kyube to always OHKO bulky Charizard (takes 104 to guarantee against 252/64 or 232/76), but since you have a roll in your favour with 0 EVs anyways and other stuff which can deal with zard if they're already out it's no biggie. Also,

>Weevil
>no Weavile

Hi, here is a team I built to play croven in the spring seasonal. I noticed he likes to use trick room a lot and wanted to punish that by bringing strong darks. As an ou player, my favorite team concepts tend to be "spam cores" or 2 mons that share checks/counters and break past them by overloading them. I figured dark spam would be cool to try as other type spams seemed to be kinda bad. Here's the team:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

I don't remember my exact building process so I apologize if this isn't descriptive enough. I started off with life orb hoopa as it became one of my favorite pokemon to use in DOU after winning a seasonal game by clicking scarf hyperspace hole a couple times (I think scarf hoopa might also be nice here). Paired it with hydreigon to apply more pressure on these teams that lack dark resists (something I noticed is quite common in dou). I paired it with gross because things like diancie, latis, etc were issues. I think the moveset here can be optimized. I threw a scarf lando on cus I'm bad at building for dou and it seemed to blanket check/add a lot of stuff I needed like an intimidate user, kang check, talon check, offensive thundy check, spread move, speed control etc. I added amoonguss cus keldeo, suicune, and azumarill were scary, and rage powder and spore are always useful. Scarf rotom was the last mon I added because I was still kind of afraid of opposing landos and wanted more speed control. Someone told me I dont need 2 scarfers so I changed the lando set to life orb with protect because I wanted scarf rotom cus opposing scarf landos pressured my team a lot.

Anyway, I actually got knocked out of the seasonals that round due to an embarrassing choke but the team did okay. Here are the replays:

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-362875637
Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-362883435

I wanna improve this team, improve it's match up vs offense, and just flesh it out idk. This is one of the few dou teams I built on my own that I like. Thanks in advance for the help

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Double dark is certainly interesting (for example I used double dark hoopa+hydreigon in spl week 3 vs arctic) but it faces huge issues against Fairies. For example, due to lacking a fire type and running Metagross I think you have huge issues against Gardevoir. The only thing that can practically stop garde would be Metagross, which, admittedly, is rather easy to deal with for Gardevoir teams.

Hi, here is a team I built to play croven in the spring seasonal. I noticed he likes to use trick room a lot and wanted to punish that by bringing strong darks. As an ou player, my favorite team concepts tend to be "spam cores" or 2 mons that share checks/counters and break past them by overloading them. I figured dark spam would be cool to try as other type spams seemed to be kinda bad. Here's the team:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

I don't remember my exact building process so I apologize if this isn't descriptive enough. I started off with life orb hoopa as it became one of my favorite pokemon to use in DOU after winning a seasonal game by clicking scarf hyperspace hole a couple times (I think scarf hoopa might also be nice here). Paired it with hydreigon to apply more pressure on these teams that lack dark resists (something I noticed is quite common in dou). I paired it with gross because things like diancie, latis, etc were issues. I think the moveset here can be optimized. I threw a scarf lando on cus I'm bad at building for dou and it seemed to blanket check/add a lot of stuff I needed like an intimidate user, kang check, talon check, offensive thundy check, spread move, speed control etc. I added amoonguss cus keldeo, suicune, and azumarill were scary, and rage powder and spore are always useful. Scarf rotom was the last mon I added because I was still kind of afraid of opposing landos and wanted more speed control. Someone told me I dont need 2 scarfers so I changed the lando set to life orb with protect because I wanted scarf rotom cus opposing scarf landos pressured my team a lot.

Anyway, I actually got knocked out of the seasonals that round due to an embarrassing choke but the team did okay. Here are the replays:

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-362875637
Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-362883435

I wanna improve this team, improve it's match up vs offense, and just flesh it out idk. This is one of the few dou teams I built on my own that I like. Thanks in advance for the help
To be honest, this is a really standard team of Mega Metagross. To make your team Mega Metagross + Hydreigon core better, I suggest that you put Earth Power rather than Flamethrower on Hydreigon. That way, you will be able to deal with Bisharp and Heatran much better. Your Choice Scarf Roton-Wash seems alright, but you should give it Trick rather than Will-O-Wisp or Volt Switch, so that you can mess up your opponent's game play. Otherwise, just give your Rotom-Wash the typical Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry with Protect. And Life Orb Landorus-T, a thing of Singles Battle is not idea in Doubles. It's too slow and a HP Ice or a non-STAB Ice Beam will easily take care of it, thus make sure that your Landorus-T either have a Choice Scarf or an Assault Vest. And in my opinion, your Hoopa-U, which don't outspeed anything in particular (only Breloom and below) nor have enough bulk (for a single Hyper Voice), is just a waste of a slot in your team. Thus, I suggest that you put a Fire-type Mon instead; after all, your team really lack the potential to make a Ferrothorn cry. So choosing either a Talonflame or even a Blaziken (w/ HP Ice for Landorus-T) will do your team more support than harm. Well, try these suggestions out, and tell me what you think.

*Alright I screwed up.

Last edited:

Paraplegic

relax...
To be honest, this is a really standard team of Mega Metagross. To make your team Mega Metagross + Hydreigon core better, I suggest that you put Earth Power rather than Flamethrower on Hydreigon. That way, you will be able to deal with Bisharp and Heatran much better. Your Choice Scarf Roton-Wash seems alright, but you should give it Trick rather than Will-O-Wisp or Volt Switch, so that you can mess up your opponent's game play. Otherwise, just give your Rotom-Wash the typical Sitrus Berry / Lum Berry with Protect. And Life Orb Landorus-T, a thing of Singles Battle is not idea in Doubles. It's too slow and a HP Ice or a non-STAB Ice Beam will easily take care of it, thus make sure that your Landorus-T either have a Choice Scarf or an Assault Vest. And in my opinion, your Hoopa-U, which don't outspeed anything in particular (only Breloom and below) nor have enough bulk (for a single Hyper Voice), is just a waste of a slot in your team. Thus, I suggest that you put a Fire-type Mon instead; after all, your team really lack the potential to make a Ferrothorn cry. So choosing either a Talonflame or even a Blaziken (w/ HP Ice for Landorus-T) will do your team more support than harm. Well, try these suggestions out, and tell me what you think.
You're kidding when you say life orb lando-t isn't a thing right? It's a pretty popular option, and is arguably better then ass vest. Also, the core isn't Metagross+ Hydrei, but rather hydrei+hoopa, so if you're going to rate someones team at least read what they say about it first lol. Flamethrower hydrei+scarf rotom> earth power hydrei+bulky rotom is better on this team anyways since flamethrower is needed since without it ferro really fucks him up, and the team is pretty slow without scarf rotom so thats probs the best set on a team like this.

obii the only thing I can really suggest for an otherwise solid team(thats kicked my ass before) is a couple moveset tweaks. First, Make metagross hammer arm>bullet punch, since metagross is your best jolly kang answer by far and having a way to do nice damage to kangs that outspeed everything but gross and rotom(who can burn it but being locked into wisp isnt usually the best) is really nice. Its not the greatest tr check by itself, but with all the team support your team provides it really does make your tr match up nicer. For hoopa, you don't need focus blast as with hammer arm gross you have adequate ways to deal with steels, and it really doesnt do anything else. Instead, I suggest a support move, as weird as it sounds. Twave hoopa is something I have been fooling around with recently and its been pretty cool, as absolutely no one expects it. It also adds some speed control to your team, which it looks like it really wants but doesn't have. So yeah, those are the only things I see that honestly could be better. Other then that, solid team made by cool friend! n_n

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 224 HP / 124 Def / 144 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 236 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 24 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 112 SpA / 52 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 96 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stone Edge
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

I've pretty well checked out of forums but I popped on earlier today and saw this thread and I wanted to share this team I made before we get sun/moon because it's ok. There's nothing insanely creative about the Pokemon choices; all 6 standard mons (though I made this when Volcanion was first released, and when Gardevoir was much less common), with more emphasis put on defensive synergy than you might see on a standard THALK team. The team aims to be flexible and have a positive match up against against any kind of standard team.

Set Details

Mega Gardevoir and Thundurus hit a ton of benchmarks that are outlined here (Gardevoir is the first set on the list and Thundurus is second to last). Trick Room is great for the whole team which is rather slow, and Swagger on Thundurus helps loads with Aegislash and CM cress for Gardevoir. Aegislash survives an Earth Power from Life Orb Landorus-I which is a really big threat to the team, and I would strongly recommend that you don't change the EV spread on it. Landorus-T survives a Sucker Punch from +1 LO Bisharp but more importantly always survives 2 -1 Brave Birds from Life Orb Talonflame, Mega Gardevoir is also able to survive a hit from Talonflame, which makes Talonflame much less threatening than you might expect at team preview. Volcanion always 2HKOs 4/0 Mega Kangaskhan with Steam Eruption and OHKOs 248 hp 64 def Char-Y with Stone Edge, the remaining EVs are in SDef to improve the MU against Zard Y and Ludicolo. I use Flamethrower rather than Heat Wave for a better time against Wide Guard Aegislash. Amoonguss always survives a Psychic from Modest Mega Gardevoir.

How to lead & play
I've always appreciated VGC team reports that tell you which Pokemon to bring in certain match ups so I though I'd include something similar.
Vs THALK+filler: Gardevoir + Landorus. The play in most situations turn 1 is to protect Mega Gardevoir and U-turn or directly switch into Amoonguss to redirect hits from Mega Kangaskhan. If the opponent leads with Heatran you have to play a bit more aggressively but it's not really an issue. Keep in mind that WG Aegislash + Thundurus or Landorus means Heatran is essentially dead weight.
Vs Azumarill centered teams: Genies. Play super aggro, keep in mind that Azumarill often carry Knock Off for Aegislash.
Vs Trick Room: God bless the people that think Full Trick Room is safe just because you're using goggles Hoopa/Heatran. Lead Mega Gardevoir or Volcanion + Aegislash and enjoy your free win.
Rain: Amoonguss + Gardevoir usually, but often times replacing one of these with Thundurus is a good call as well. Getting up Trick Room is priority #1 against most rain teams, but with Thundurus in the back it isn't always critical, and Landorus-T is commonly brought it turn 1 against Talonflames/Jirachis. Keep in mind that Thundurus can always take 2 ice beams from modest Ludi.
Sun: Gardevoir + Volcanion/Landorus or Double genies are good leads here, depending on how vulnerable they are to Trick Room and how easily you can set it. If they have a Venusaur make sure you're leading Thundurus though it isn't as common. This is this the archetype that I find my lead is most flexible against so dont sweat if you think you ought to lead something I haven't mentioned.
Vs enemy Gard balance: Genies or Gardevoir + Landorus. In a mirror or close to it, the lead is really flexible, just keep in mind that Aegislash is phenomenal here if they don't have Swagger Thundurus or Flamethrower Volcanion (Aegis/a mirror is the reason I have both of these).

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I need help with my Rain Volcanion team :>

LOVE (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Follow Me
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 112 HP / 212 Def / 184 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Juvia (Politoed) (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 160 HP / 4 Def / 104 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Mystic Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Basically came up with the idea of spamming strong Rain-boosted Steam Eruption. Specs Sylveon & LO Ludicolo disposes most of Volcanion's checks (dragons, Rotom-W). Surf on Ludicolo is nice for spread damage and recovery for Volcanion. Jirachi offers protection against Amoonguss, Talonflame, Latios, etc, overall a great shock absorber on a Rain team. CM Mega Latias is also a strong glue to the team, and can offer a win con if Fairy and Dark-types are eliminated.

Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Follow Me
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Latias @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Mystic Water
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Basically came up with the idea of spamming strong Rain-boosted Steam Eruption. Specs Sylveon & LO Ludicolo disposes most of Volcanion's checks (dragons, Rotom-W). Surf on Ludicolo is nice for spread damage and recovery for Volcanion. Jirachi offers protection against Amoonguss, Talonflame, Latios, etc, overall a great shock absorber on a Rain team. CM Mega Latias is also a strong glue to the team, and can offer a win con if Fairy and Dark-types are eliminated.
First of all, love the team, she's a beaut. Second of all, I noticed that your team could have pretty big problems with Char-Y, as it resets your weather, and then takes on nearly every mon you have outside of latias-mega. Bulky zard specifically could be an issue, as it takes multiple sun dampened steam eruptions / surfs / scalds. I would suggest changing Latias-Mega >_> Diancie-Mega. While i'm sad to take away such a unique aspect of the team, it would definitely help out with the char-y matchup and also add another solid check to dragons, including those which would otherwise outspeed you like latios.

My other critique would be that once volcanion is down, ferrothorn can really have its way with the rest of your team. I would suggest adding a fighting type in place of sylveon. You already have lots of ways to deal with dragons like diancie, if you take my suggestion, or latias-mega and ice beam ludicolo, along with jirachi which couldn't be happier to take dragon attacks for its friends. Adding a fighting type would also give you a way to OHKO Kangaskhan, which otherwise takes two hits from the rest of your team.

Hope these suggestions help n_n I'm glad to see some other lesser used megas getting love, even if my suggestions may change that.

P.S. What does your defensive investment for sylv / jirachi / latias do? Also, why baton pass on sylv? You don't have any stat boosting moves or items. Just curious.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
If you do decide to follow Blue's suggestions, I'd say that the Fighting-type you pick should carry some sort of Rock-type coverage. Otherwise, Thundurus could potentially have a field day: Flash Cannon for Diancie, Taunt for Jirachi (and Mega Lati if you stick with that), Tbolt for Toed / Volcanion, and TWave for Ludicolo. Obviously they won't carry all of those moves, but it's definitely a huge threat. Maybe a Stone Edge Hariyama or Conkeldurr so that you still have a hardhitter for under TR?

To answer one of the above questions, I've used Baton Pass on specs Sylv just so that you can pivot more safely. Sylveon forces a lot of switches so being able to click Baton Pass so that you can pick your mons after seeing your opponents' is pretty nice. Of course, you can run into some trouble with Intimidate passing, but it's not like you use much aside from Hyper Voice anyway.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I used to remember what those Sylveon EVs achieved, but not anymore :/ Latias has enough Speed EVs to be faster than Adamant Lando-T and rest went to physical bulk. I just made Jirachi physically bulky with no specific benchmark in mind :x

Thanks for the help, Blue Skiddo & talkingtree :) Mega Diancie is a solid suggestion, but talkingtree does bring up a good point about Thundurus. I am tempted to bring Mega Ampharos or Mega Charizard X just to deal with Charizard Y and Thundurus lol.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Follow Me
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Latias @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Encore
- Protect

Volcanion @ Mystic Water
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

you'll need a few changes to improve some match ups like sun and thundy which are already mentioned.
idk what you are trying to build a Mega Latias team or a Rain team? its not like these 2 complement each other
if mega Latias is your priority I would first suggest
use dragon pulse instead of sub. and psychic instead of stored power.
dragon pulse can let you hit darks (speed control and CM boost required first) and use psychic over stored power. The psychic is plently strong with CM and not worthless without CM up.
Aegislash still a major problem. so ditch rain and build around meag Latios or just build a rain team :/

heres a mega latias team I built inspired from the glenn

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

so yeah its basically the glenn but built around mega Latias getting CM instead of kang getting PuP to sweep the game which is why Jirachi comes in with Icy Wind and Follow me to help Latias out. I actually think I should change Icy Wind to twave now. Lando helps the Latias defense.
and heatran runs flamethrower so WG aegis is less of a problem

Paraplegic

relax...

Hey guys. This is a team I passed to a few people to get reqs during the suspect. Its basically a pretty standard ho but with cm cress as a wincon. There isn't much else to say about it, in testing its been really solid and fun, so I figured I'd share! n_n
Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Hey guys. This is a team I passed to a few people to get reqs during the suspect. Its basically a pretty standard ho but with cm cress as a wincon. There isn't much else to say about it, in testing its been really solid and fun, so I figured I'd share! n_n
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

I remember seeing this team a lot during the suspect test, and it was certainly one of the better teams that I have faced. The question that I have is why do you have Shadow Ball on Cresselia? I don't think your team is weak to Mega Gardevoir, Gengar, or Aegislash (maybe, but I don't think so). Perhaps, it was to take out Jirachi at the time? Nevertheless, I think your Cresselia would been more of a help if it had Icy Wind for a safer speed control (although you already have two priority users and a Thunder Wave user) or Ice Beam to take care of the more common Landorus-T. Also, I think it may be better that your Mega Kangaskhan have the ability Inner Focus because you would always want your Fake Out to hit despite the opposing Fake Out towards your own Mega Kangaskhan and the fact that most team don't have ghost types (besides Aegislash and to a lesser extent Gengar). Just little things~ Anyways, cheers on making such a good team. And enjoy your Fourth of July! ^-^

Last edited:

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
I remember seeing this team a lot during the suspect test, and it was certainly one of the better teams that I have faced. The question that I have is why do you have Shadow Ball on Cresselia? I don't think your team is weak to Mega Gardevoir, Gengar, or Aegislash (maybe, but I don't think so). Perhaps, it was to take out Jirachi at the time? Nevertheless, I think your Cresselia would been more of a help if it had Icy Wind for some kind speed control (although you already have two priority users) or Ice Beam to take care of the more common Landorus-T. Also, I think it may be better that your Mega Kangaskhan have the ability Inner Focus because you would always want your Fake Out to hit despite the opposing Fake Out towards your own Mega Kangaskhan and the fact that most team don't have ghost types (besides Aegislash and to a lesser extent Gengar). Just little things~ Anyways, cheers on making such a good team. And enjoy your Fourth of July! ^-^
Shadow Ball is for opposing CM Cress and Mega Gardevoir as the team's fairy resist is LO Talonflame

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect
The one main thing that I would point out is a slight weakness to three attacks kyube, but that generally applies to most teams. With scarf superpower, keldeo, and talonflame you should be able to deal with it pretty well, but it could be a much bigger problem if you lose one or more of those. You also lack good switchins for gard, which really just means defensive steels are nice to have. I know you said you wanted CM cress as a win con, but changing it to jirachi could really help your team defensively and also provide and resisted ice beam switchin outside of keldeo. Other than that, I like the team and good luck!

Paraplegic

relax...
I have shadow ball just for good offensive coverage, and aegi can admittedly be really annoying at times. And yeah garde can be an issue but keeping up good offensive pressure usually lets me win. I also have scrappy since Im jolly and outspeed most kangs anyways, and it can really help tr matchups

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

This is the team I submitted for Week 53 of the Teambuilding Competition. The core was Mega Charizard Y + Hoopa-Unbound and I ended up winning. I really liked building this team so I decided to put it here.

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Def / 112 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 96 SpA / 44 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 21 Spe
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

So the first two slots are Mega Charizard Y and Hoopa-U since that's we are forced to use in the Teambuilding Competition. The Mega Charizard Y EVs take a Landorus-T Rock Slide, takes a Timid LO Thundurus Thunderbolt, and outspeed Jolly Breloom. The Hoopa-U EVs take a -1 Mega Kangaskhan Return. I added Scrafty to help get up Trick Room with Fake Out and serve as a check to Mega Kangaskhan and Heatran. The EVs survive a Timid LO Secret Sword from Keldeo. Then we got our Talonflame and Sun Check in Volcanion. The EVs takes two -1 Earthquakes from Adamant Landorus-T, survive a Timid Specs Draco Meteor both Latios and Hydreigon most of the time. The speed is to underspeed Hoopa-U in Trick Room so Hoopa-U can break protect and wide guard and then Volcanion can attack. Aegislash provides Wide Guard support from Mega Charizard Y and a solid switch in from Mega Kangaskhan and Landorus-T's Earthquakes. It's also a great check to Mega Diancie with really threatens Mega Charizard Y and Hoopa-U with its STABs. Finally, we have AV Landorus-T to switch into other Landorus-Ts that try to Rock Slide Mega Charizard Y or U-Turn off Hoopa-U.

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Substitute

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 108 Def / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
- Solar Beam

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Careful Nature
- Icy Wind
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Follow Me

Conkeldurr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

DON'T MIND THE ORDER OF MY TEAM; I JUST PREFER IT THAT WAY.

I like this team a lot, and it had been my most successful team. So, I thought that I would share this team with you guys. (Don't Hate. Show Love.)

Well, I made this team during the suspect test, partly because I assumed that there will be a lot of Jirachi's, and I like them WELL DONE. Conkeldurr was next because I wanted a Wide Guard user capable of OHKO'ing Landorus-T (w/ -1 attack) as well as other Rock Slide users. Its Mach Punch is also reliable of taking out Heatran with Shuca Berry and 2HKO'ing Mega Kang and Heatran (with Leftovers). Then, I put the Genies (Scarf Landorus-T and Bulky Thundurus) because they take care of most things in the meta. Jirachi, which is also a Genie, was added because it takes care of Spore / Sleeping Powder (from Venusaur), provides dual speed control, and lessens the pain of Fairy types. Finally, Volcanion is for absorbing Water type moves when Sun runs out and checking all Rock / Ground / Fire types under Sub + without Sun. The only problem are Dragons; they wall most Mons and pose a serious threat, yet I somehow manage.

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
This rap is for all the haters
and all my niggas

I know u aint talking
U love my style
I'm high profile
upper echelon
call me a retard? what are you on?!

Dont disrespect me, blatant or indirectly
stacking ladder wins like money
your mothers calling me honey, giving head
You've just lost all your cred
Leaving you for dead

Bring your swagger, I know you're dependent
study law but you cant defend it
I win legitimately
like Cena, you cant see me
my raps, my battles, never rushed
well thought out
now hush

bad for the meta?
I want do all I can to make it betta
never using swagger
that shits a joke
anyone who uses it, I hope they choke
too many lies coming out your mouth
starting to look like pinoke
nose is big but small mind
I'll whip you from behind
from the front, it dont matter
I'm on my way to the top of the ladder

Shout out to the British
lana, spacebass and yoda come though hard
never skiddish
Thank you for the core
It starts with venusaur

Yoda suggested me Venu + Volc so thats what I built around. It just walls any rain team and does excellent vs BD Azu. I am going bulky sub-volcanion to improve the less favorable match ups, its hard to kill. I forgot what the speed evs do. if you figure it out let me know.
The current Mega Venu spread on analysis runs no SpD evs. I figured SpD is more beneficial than speed and I sacrificed SpA for SpD so I survive Latios Psychic and Mega Gard Psychic aswell as Kyurem ice beam. With light screen Kyurem B ice beam I survive at least 2 ice beams. I like this rare no protect Venu with HP ground and Synthesis. I dont necessarily need HP ground given the other guys on my team can deal with Aegislash and Heatran but not having to switch out and catching those mons off guard is really nice

Initially I was using Scarf Ttar for Talon and Latios but in almost every other match up Lando is more beneficial to this core.
Then I decided to use this core I really like and fits well on any team of LandoT+Gengar
I wrote a bit about it here
Lando + Gengar is my most common lead. Its excellent vs threats to Venu like Gardevoir, Latios, and Talon. Its also just great vs so much of the meta like Diancie, Kang, and Jirachi.

Venu+Volc is really slow and Gengar's icy wind isnt enough to make up for that so Klefi with Twave helps immensly. Along side Landos intimidate, having light sceene makes Venu and bulky Volc insanely bulky.
Two attacks on this weak mon is really unconventional but I have found that Dazzling gleam can be quiet useful for decent chip damage on fighting types and dragons. Flash cannon has let me hit diancie and kyurem for decent damage a few times as well. Imo these attackers are worth using on Klefi
This assault vest conk also becomes incredibly bulky. He just adds some ice coverage, a way to deal with Hyrdeigon and Kang and gives me priority.
This has been my favorite teams to use recently
edit:just now noticed only 1 mon with protect, thats very rare
importable
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 24 SpA / 100 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Volcanion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind
- Sludge Bomb

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flash Cannon

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

this rap has been cleared by kami as not infractable

Last edited:
Both this team, and the rap are super hot man. It still does feel slightly latios weak, as you mentioned in your description, but decent play and kelfki should make you fine in that department. My actual only suggestion is to change light screen -> metal sound. Any shit user can slap swagger on a klefki and call it a day, but only the realest players know the truly magnificent effects that metal sound klefki can have on the game. Especially with a strong spread attacker like volcanion and 4/6 of your mons being special, metal sound actually becomes incredibly useful and puts huge pressure on the opponent. Often times is either forces a switch or makes what was previously a 2hko into a crucial ohko. Think about it fam.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
damn thats genius. I forgot that move existed
light screen gives me 5 full turns of special protection, I'll drop flash cannon for it since I rarely use that move. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)