DOU Team Bazaar

So basically I wanted to build around cm+icy wind cress after reading a discussion about it in the ps chat.

I thought zard y would be a good partner for cress so that it can get big hp recovery from moonlight, and zard can make use of icy wind. Added landorus t next because it can spam eq and intimidate helps zard y take rock slides, as well as help cresselia set up. I went for assault vest because I've never used it before. Breloom was next to be able to threaten opposing landorus t and hit kangaskhan hard. it can spread sleep as well. I added bisharp for more priority and to hit common tr setters hard. and with icy wind it can outspeed a lot and deal big damage. heatran was the final member to take sleep and as a fire resist. and bisharp isn't a good steel type to take hits.

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Moonlight

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

My main issue with the team is that it's not fast enough and there isn't enough speed control to really offset that. I could just use scarf lando t but if there's any other way then that would be good. any ideas?

So basically I wanted to build around cm+icy wind cress after reading a discussion about it in the ps chat.

I thought zard y would be a good partner for cress so that it can get big hp recovery from moonlight, and zard can make use of icy wind. Added landorus t next because it can spam eq and intimidate helps zard y take rock slides, as well as help cresselia set up. I went for assault vest because I've never used it before. Breloom was next to be able to threaten opposing landorus t and hit kangaskhan hard. it can spread sleep as well. I added bisharp for more priority and to hit common tr setters hard. and with icy wind it can outspeed a lot and deal big damage. heatran was the final member to take sleep and as a fire resist. and bisharp isn't a good steel type to take hits.

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Moonlight

EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

My main issue with the team is that it's not fast enough and there isn't enough speed control to really offset that. I could just use scarf lando t but if there's any other way then that would be good. any ideas?
a crazy suggestion would be to give charizard tailwind instead of overheat, as i think you cover fire attacks really well already. i think the team has too much priority, and you could try venuchar, since venusaur is really fast in sun, but if you want to keep breloom, i'd put tailwind hydreigon, because its a dragon, and threaten trick room as well. i hope the suggestions were decent

I really don't think that Mega Metagross is pathetic as most people think it to be, so I decided to build a team around it. And at first, I thought I was being innovative, but the team that I present to you is nothing new with the VGC community (sources given by Mishimono). Anyways, here are my thoughts as I built the team. I will respect all your opinions/suggestions.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect
- Bullet Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Fake Out

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 8 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect
- Bullet Punch

Part 1: What I got to say to common statements against Mega Metagross.

• Well, many had stated that Mega Metagross gets shut down by common threats, status conditions (paralysis or will-o-wisp), intimidate, and other steel types. Yet, it is worth mentioning that physical attackers in general gets shut down by what is stated above, thus you should play Mega Metagross as you would with any other physical attackers: with caution.

Part 2: My explanation of why this EV spread works.

• And now, you may notice that the EVs for Mega Metagross is quite unusual. To be honest, I saw no need for 350 Speed. With 28 Speed investment (to outspeed Breloom), it's still a threat to Mega Diancie, Terrakion, Keldeo, Mega Gardevoir, and Kyurem-Black (basically any Mons that are relevant). Mega Kang is a different story, and Mega Charizard-Y will always beat Mega Metagross.
  • Thus, I decided to invest more into its defensive stats. The set allows it to survive one of the following (per game): Talonflame's Flare Blitz, all non-boosted Heat Wave, Landorus-T's Earthquake, Bisharp's Life Orb boosted Sucker Punch, Hydreigon's Life Orb boosted Dark Pulse (Timid), and Mega Gengar's Shadow Ball.
  • As a result, it becomes a Mon that is quite difficult to eliminate; it is almost like Mega Venusaur with the strength of Mega Kangaskhan. Also, it's worth stating that you don't have to worry about Thunder Wave because this set makes Mega Metagross a mid-speed tier Mon (with priority) to begin with.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power / Tailwind?
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Dark Pulse

"Mega Metagross needs a significant amount of support."
  • Many players had stated this to me, and I got to agree... but Mega Charizard-Y also needs a significant amount of support to function properly in a given team. So, I must say that there is no surprise that Megas are usually paired into cores. And, there is definitely no surprise that Mega Metagross is paired with Hydreigon. After all, it easily deals with Mega Metagross's threats and (steel) checks, and "nukes" any other annoyances.
Timid vs Modest
  • I recently began to use Modest because Timid hardly helps Hydreigon in the sense of Speed. Thus, it's just better to invest more on Special Attack.

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

"Terrakion sucks. Use Landorus-T."
  • Originally, I put Terrakion instead of Landorus-T because of the simple thought of wanting to finish the Psychic-Dark-Fighting triple core, but I realized that such selection will make my team more Fairy-weak. And Elise is correct, Landorus-T is better than Terrakion in most respects except that it doesn't have Taunt, which I wanted. Although I have Fake Out and priority Brave Bird, I am not so sure that it will help me against Trick Room teams. What are you thoughts?

Politoed @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Fake Out

"Why did you put Rain?"
  • As you know, Mega Metagross is weak against common spread moves like Earthquake and Heat Wave, and usually opponents use those moves against Mega Metagross. As a result, I found redirectors to be generally pointless.
  • Now, the usual response to the issue of spread moves would be to use a Wide Guard user. However, a good Sun team have at least 3-4 counters/checks to Mega Metagross, so that causes another array of problems. The same thing can be said against Sand teams.
  • As a result, I thought, "If I can't play defensively against them, then my only option is to play more aggressively against them." And, that is how Politoed and Ludicolo became part of the team... No Elise, they aren't total shit.
  • Rain lets Mega Metagross to survive a Life Orb - boosted Overheat.
In depth analysis of Politoed's and Ludicolo's sets.
  • In my opinion, Politoed is best used as a support Pokemon because it can't do much in an offensive sense; it got to live so that the team can take full advantage of Rain. Also, Icy Wind is there so that Mega Metagross can outspeed any non-Scarfed Mons.
  • Ludicolo provides a nice Fake Out, and is the actual threat to most Fire and Ground types. For matter of its item, I chose Life Orb because I wanted to bring out heavy damage. And, Giga Drain takes care of Water types, thus completing the team's coverage.
"Rain team is better performed with~"
  • Mega Diancie / Mega Gardevoir: No, I will not remove Mega Metagross because that is what the team is built around.
  • Kingdra: I agree that it's useful in that it provides a spread move and counters Dragons more easily. However, I will not replace Hydreigon or Ludicolo if I cannot find another counter to Mega Metagross's (Steel) counters / checks.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Protect

• TW/TR counter
  • Amoonguss/Ferrothorn slayer

I understand that this post is quite lengthy and appreciate that you took the time to read it. In my opinion, the team performs well, especially Mega Metagross, and I'm all ears for improvements. Thanks!

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Very classic. I like the Metagross set and evs.

A problem could be scarf kyurem, only Metagross is your check. Adding focus blast on Politoed improves that and Ferro match up. It even improves the volcanion match up for you

With only 1 swimmer you would be better off with situs Politoed. Or opt for a more offensive Politoed scarf/specs/lo but I think situs would be best

As a tr check you should consider taunt Talon over tailwind.
Strange Talon spread with overheat but no spa investment. But I guess it's ok.

Also twave is going to wreck this team

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
4 SpA Life Orb Talonflame Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn in Rain: 250-296 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's a laughably weak Talonflame. I would personally never use Overheat in rain anyway as you have 74 SpA, basically no investment, and rain is up. Just go with 252+ Flare Blitz since it actually does damage which you can easily chip away with your other Pokemon.

Second of all, I think Ludicolo is pretty awful and Kingdra just does stuff better than Ludicolo does. You have spread with Muddy Water + demolish dragons like Kyurem-Black + you don't actually hit like an extreme bitch. As n1n1 said though, I think you should be a little afraid of your problematic Thundurus matchup. With having basically little checks to Thunder Wave spam (just Landorus) I'd consider using Lum Berry Kingdra.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
That's a laughably weak Talonflame. I would personally never use Overheat in rain anyway as you have 74 SpA, basically no investment, and rain is up. Just go with 252+ Flare Blitz since it actually does damage which you can easily chip away with your other Pokemon.
I don't think this is a fair assessment of Overheat Talon. It's got lots of uses and reasons to run it and rain doesn't really factor into the "do I run flare blitz or overheat" discussion. For what it's worth you're going to want a 252 atk / 120 spa / 136+ spe spread as this is the most efficient distribution of evs that lets overheat ohko Metagross. Not really going to go into reasons to run Overheat but if you want you can ask kamikaze17 about that

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if anything Talon tends to have a much more overall important role on Rain to help check rain threats, so I respect overheat a lot on rain due to not killing yourself to recoil quicker.

swagger cress is god
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 152 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Swagger

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect

EVs: 24 HP / 156 Atk / 76 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

looking for some feedback as i haven't been building as much lately n_n anyways, i'm a huge fan of heatran + cress sun bc firing off a lot of fire spread moves is hard for most teams to repeatedly take and cress takes care of speed control + lando check. went with a semi tr build to try eruptran in the sun out with some pretty standard mons to fill in the rest of the team (terrak as an offensive non-scarfer out of tr, scarf lando-t to check lando-t things and provide a fast mode, amoonguss gives me a second sleep immune on a tr team + a big threat under tr). i like how the team plays out though the main issue i see with it is a gaping weakness to a full health volcanion, which should easily take down 1-2 mons in almost every circumstance, though i'm not sure on how to fix this myself without reworking the team a lot. would like some solutions if anyone can think of one.

swagger cress beats aegislash and is swagger :3c

1. What does the lando spread do?
2. You could try lando-t -> special LO lando-t

252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-T Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 361-429 (99.1 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

This should help out the volcanion matchup slightly. It's not a switch in, but that's some solid power.

3. If you feelin real ᙡᗩᐯᙓᎩ Terrakion -> Scarf Rotom-W

Still a kang check, possibly the best volcanion counter in the game, beats thundy as well which is literally just always helpful. Also provides you with the faster component to the game you wished for.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
24 hp / 76 def always lives 2 -1 lo talonflame brave birds, tho u can do the same with 8 hp / 88 def

edit: could also be for lo bisharp sucker punch but again, thats just 8 / 84

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I like 56 HP / 56 Def which lives Bulky Thund HP Ice in addition to the two physical benchmarks (Talon BB / LO Bisharp Sucker).

Terrak is a better Thund check than Washtom so I wouldn't recommend making that switch.

Also Swagger Cress is the best Volcanion check in the game so idk what you're complaining about

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Project I have been working on - mono-color teams. My goal is to make teams of every color and to make them as good as they can possibly be.
I give my self some leeway to include orange and red together, pink and purple together and mons like Ferrothorn, technically gray, as green
I'll be editing this post as I add more colors and adjust teams. Feel free to send me suggestions

Green

Green may have the most options of any color. What I like most about green is access to politoed whose rain covers all the grass types. I choose to build around mega Venu. Added politoed to beat guys like heatran. Next Ttar also makes a great partner to deal with Sun teams, Talon, Latios, and Gard. Ferrothorn often can be my win condition with left overs and leech seed, hes also kind of a Kang check, more importantly he is a Mega Gard counter. Being that I have no fires opposing grass types can be difficult so Reunclius is a nice counter to Amoonguss, Breloom, and other Mega Venus. Finally, Virizion gives me my best Kang check. This team is pretty slow and suffers vs Lando especially if along side thundy who takes out Politoed.
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 152 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 72 SpA / 52 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Purple

I could make this team more purple but I am happy with it so wont change. Purples biggest strength is its plethora of trick room setters. You have plenty of Ghost and Psychic types to choice from. This team centers around Mega Charizard sweeping with the help of Hoopa breaking though WGs and protects. Hitmontop is one of my favorite under used mons to put next to CharY; he can Wide Guard rock slides, gives intimate support, close combats heatrans, and Fake out support for TR to go up. Cress is the classic CharY partner. Gengar is a nice kang counter and under rated TR mon. Slyveon rounds out this team as a good way to beat fighting types.
Shiny: Yes
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Hoopa (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Wide Guard

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gengar @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick Room

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 25 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Blue

Work in progress. I am not satisfied with this team but see a lot of potential in blue
Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 114 Def / 64 SpA / 78 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Gyarados @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Foul Play

Red/Orange

Work in progress. This team feels solid but still want to do some more testing
Scizor @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Icy Wind
- Charge Beam

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def / 144 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Last edited:

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
mono color is neat.

here are all my "creative" megas team. I had some more such as Mega Glalie but they were not usable so they're dead lol.

Mega Blaziken

Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Mega Slowbro

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

EVs: 164 Atk / 92 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Double Kick
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 112 SpA / 52 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Mega Gyarados

Kangaskhan @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I originally built this sun FullRoom team for the Jirachi suspect test and have since continued to refine it. It was also the main team I used on the ladder to get into the DLT playoffs.

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 232 HP / 136 Atk / 140 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Steam Eruption
- Haze

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Scrafty @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Def
Relaxed Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

Basically I wanted to build a FullRoom sun team that could also hold its own outside of Trick Room - especially in cases where the opponent has slower threats like Amoonguss or Sylveon.

Diancie serves as an offensive TR setter and a check to Talonflame, dragons and Thundurus. Charizard-Y's sun mitigates its water weakness while the rest of the team is pretty good at handling grass and steel types. I originally ran Weakness Policy but have been finding Life Orb to be more reliable for damage output. EV spread OHKOs Keldeo, maxes out Diamond Storm's power, and dumps the remaining EVs into HP.

Hoopa-U is another offensive TR setter, and an invaluable part of this team. When TR is up, its slow speed and ability to break Protect/King's Shield prevents the opponent from stalling turns under TR. The EV spread is pulled from Hoopa's analysis page and might be outdated, but it gives Hoopa substantial bulk while still allowing it to OHKO Aegislash and Gardevoir-Mega with Hyperspace Fury. An alternative spread of 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 SpA and Brave nature could work too if you're more concerned with Hoopa's offense than its ability to set TR.

Volcanion checks Amoonguss, rain sweepers, AzuRachi and has good offensive synergy with Charizard-Y. EV spread lets it hit as hard as possible and invests everything else into bulk. I used to run Life Orb but have now switched to goggles to add a second TR sleep check (Jirachi also runs goggles, obviously). Haze is an unorthodox but surprisingly useful move I learned about through a DLT match with Mishimono. It reliably checks AzuRachi by negating Belly Drum while bypassing both Protect and Follow Me. Azumarill in return cannot touch Volcanion unless running Knock Off. Haze is also good for negating other setup tactics, and situationally it can be used to recharge Charizard after an Overheat. If you don't want to run Haze, LO Sludge Bomb always OHKOs Azumarill too and dents other fairies as well.

Charizard-Y sets sun and nukes mons with Overheat. The EV spread takes the speed IVs from the Wallbreaker 44 HP / 112 Def / 168 SpA / 184 Spe spread and dumps them into HP instead. Overheat OHKOs both Kangashkan and Lando, and Char has enough bulk to tank a Lando Rock Slide after Scrafty's Intimidate.

Scrafty provides much needed attack control through Intimidate, allowing bulky Hoopa to survive reasonably strong physical hits and allowing Charizard Y to survive a Lando Rock Slide. It also goes without saying that Scrafty provides invaluable Fake Out support. The EV spread is just the standard Scrafty spread, but LO is used to give it a more offensive role under TR. High Jump Kick OHKOs Kanga and Heatran at 0, and still comes close at -1. LO Ice Punch OHKOs standard Scarf Landorus at 0 and comes close enough at -1.

Jirachi is a vital redirector, bulky switch-in, and bulky TR setter. With TR set, it can attack faeries that trouble Scrafty and Hoopa while also abusing Iron Head flinch hax. EV spread is just the standard one, but with minimum speed. It survives a Talon Flare Blitz then dumps the rest into special defense.

Last edited:

Matame

New Rules
HOUNDOOM SUN

So This is a fun lil' team me, Yoda2798 and talkingtree made god knows when. After a few edits in testing it did surpringly well and went a total of 1-0 in dpl the game it won didnt even mattter oo. Houndoom is the star of the show. Basic premise was to create a functioning sun team without the use of chary. Cresselia paired well as a way to set up manual sun, a way to soft check trick room and as a way to check Landorus. Lando was the next choice. Nothing on my team directly checked Kang so landog was the obvious choice. Honestly i dont really have much reasoning with Life orb over scarf. I just ended up liking it more in practice. PRotect is always a nice move to have and it can now pick up more koes like thundurus, Kang and jirachi. Whims sun is a lot of fun. Whims acts as primary speed control, another way to set up sun, additional way to apply pressure with fake tears so you can spam fire moves freely and stab to hit dragons that Houdnom may have a hard time breaking. I went with timid Shuca tran here to ensure i won Tran mirrors. Fire blast over heat wave just to increase the immense damage output and to prevent tran getting walled by wg. Fairy matchup wasn't the best so i added flash cannon. Thundurus was my form of secondary speed control and as a way to beat bulky waters. It also helped win chary sun matchups and served as an additional way to beat lando.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Fake Tears
- Moonblast
- Sunny Day
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Protect

Miracle Aligner (Cresselia) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 84 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sunny Day
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick Room

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Seismic Toss

Volcanion @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Haze
- Protect

Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Yo nasty plot deoxys is Hot AF. Tested this team a bunch yesterday and has kind of a rough time vs Scrafty+Garde but otherwise NP deo shreds most balance and OHKOs a lot of common pivots in the metagame, (washtom, rachi, amoongus, lando), and Jolly fakeout + redirection makes setting up not all that hard. By no means the greatest team in ORAS but it is a lot of fun and watching people struggle to find a check to +2 deoxys is very fun.

all u guys posting your dogshit reject teams have inspired me to post my own lul

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 8 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave/Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 188 Def / 80 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave/Icy Wind
- Trick Room

Virizion @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]/U-Turn

This team is literally made to get a volcarona sweep lol follow me, wide guard, sky drop, and a gastrodon. The original idea was to have aero be faster than volc at +1 so i could sky drop on a lando or something that threatens volc quiver dance sky drop next turn and kill the threat but volc would have to be like 283~ speed and that doesn't out speed shit like jolly lando and scarf kyurem etc. Volc has bug buzz>giga drain bc i was hella weak to hoopa-u. Jirachi has trick room bc im really weak to tr as well. Scarf hydreigon is a nice diancie lure especially because i dont have giga drain volc, u-turn kills hoopa so that can be used over hp ice tbh. Aero evs live bulky thund tbolt and gastro evs take 2 life orb lando eqs i believe has a leftovers number and the 80 special attack kill 2hko non av lando im p sure. I was thinking of using roost on volc over protect but the majority of the games i have played protect has been great, maybe if u did the thing with aero out speeding at +1 roost could work idk.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 8 HP / 192 Atk / 88 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Explosion

Rotom-Heat @ Passho Berry
EVs: 216 HP / 12 Def / 28 SpA / 32 SpD / 220 Spe
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

The main issue i think scizor has is that when it sets up shit like rotom and amoonguss live the hit and just spore/wisp it and u know heatran, char-y, and volcanion don't help either. So u-turn sd kind of helps with that idk u sd they go into their amoonguss or rotom and u just chunk it and go into lati or amoonguss or u expect them to go into their [insert fire type here] just u-turn and go into the appropriate counter ez. Passho rotom-h is something iv'e used in the past and its pretty neat tbh especially bc im so rain weak. Taunt keldeo is for stopping things from burning or sleeping scizor(especially for amoonguss bc i dont have goggles rotom)its nice for my trick room match up 2. Boom lando is mostly for weakening rotom if i dont need lando in the game anymore. Scizor evs let it hit 220 speed after mega evolving so it can uturn out on stuff like mega venu or rotom-w that are trying to out speed mega diancie before it megas(218). Rotom evs live adamant return from kanga, live a life orb hydro from ludicolo in rain, and out speed base 70s.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 13 Spe
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse
- Electric Terrain/Focus Blast
- Protect

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Helping Hand
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Protect

Bronzong @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 220 HP / 180 Atk / 108 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Volcarona @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 184 HP / 52 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rage Powder
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Will-O-Wisp

EVs: 120 HP / 132 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

I love the way this team looks especially with these sprites oml. The team's aesthetically pleasing composition aside its really weird lol especially the volc...probably the oddest set ive ever used. The volc is there because i wanted something to kill shit like ferro and amoongus and check kang among other things. After countless hours in the pokemon showdown calculator i came up with this flawless set and spread. It lives 2 burned -1 adamant doubles edges from kang, kills ferro in rain, ammonguss/aegislash out of rain, kills hydreigon, and i can't remember what the spdef does or w/e else it does lul. The rest of the team is pretty self explanatory, all you need to know is that helping hand/electric terrain ampharos thunder kills everything.

(aegislash didnt have a similar spite ;()

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect

EVs: 224 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Salamence @ Haban Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

All u need to know is that if u make certain mons shiny u can have a mono blue team :o

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Now I'm tempted to post my amazing Mega Gallade + offensive SR Tailwind Mew + Chandelure team... I swear it's at least not awful. I've beaten some good people with it.
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Chandelure @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Feint
- Protect

Mew @ Lum Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
god bless n1n1 for reviving the thread

I got more shit teams :D

Linoone built w/ BlueSkiddoWeCanToo

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 94 Def / 54 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Rampardos

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 224 HP / 124 Def / 144 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Eruption
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Protect

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard

HEADSMASH (Rampardos) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Head Smash
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Sleep Talk

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Dragalge

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 56 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Head Smash

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 144 SpA / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Swagger

Dragalge @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Emboar

Gardevoir-Mega (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 56 HP / 180 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 20 SpA / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Emboar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Atk / 180 Def / 8 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Taunt

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

since i'm out of doubles open and won't rmt it because i'm too lazy i've decided to share one of my favorite teams rn. team was built w1 of pspl vs tsunami, i wanted something that is solid vs thalk, bunnies etc because that was what i expected him to bring. mega diancie does well against the aforementioned. sub diancie is cool since you can sub on the obvious turn 1 protect. also this team does well agaist steels so earth power isnt rly necessary. hydreigon beats stuff that diancie has problems with (eg. aegislash). genies are genies. av landorus is the best mon in the meta rn and offensive thundurus is always great too. its even more threatening when it is behind a sub. subs always cool especially with prankster (you can sub on landorus's rockslide misses haha!!!). fast jirachi is less passive and i don't really think i need more speed control with tailwind. every team needs a way to ohko kangaskhan in my opinion and quick guard is a nice backup option vs belly drum azumarill which is why keldeo was added.

dou r2 vs lohgock: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-411594477

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
ooh are we just dropping cool teams now?
Whisper (Vivillon-Ocean) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Tailwind
- Protect

Wink (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Protect

Blister (Volcanion) @ Life Orb
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Brink (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Critter (Landorus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Clink (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hyperspace Fury
- Protect

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 64 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Sun Semi-Room
One of my favourite playstyles right now, mostly due to the fact that Zard is so goddamn strong with the correct support around it. Hoopa-Unbound and SubCM Sylv is a core that I'm personally a big fan of. It has all the ways to pin down an opponent and break him if played correctly. Both of these Pokemon are also win conditions on their own in a lot of the cases. Landorus-Therian is just unbelievably dominant as a Pokemon in this metagame due to its flexibility and here's a great example of it. Intimidate support + being able to beat Fire-types that Zardy and Tran struggle with. Speaking about Heatran, spamming 100% Eruptions when Trick Room is up is so disgustingly powerful. There's little that actually wants to switch in to an Eruption + Hyper Voice, as basically nothing but opposing Heatran will take that. Ferrothorn is the last Pokemon, even though I have used Bronzong in this team a lot more often. Safety Goggles Bronzong allows you to check Diancie safely while also not actively losing to Landorus-Therian, and being an Amoonguss check with Safety Goggles and having Trick Room made it a great fit on paper. Sadly your only Water-type check is SolarBeam Zard at that point. Ferrothorn was a quite decent replacement, being able to switch-in to to Water-type attacks, check Diancie safely, not actively lose to Landorus, and be an annoyance with Leech Seed. It obviously doesn't offer Levitate or Trick Room, but Ferrothorn is more valuable to the team I think.

Built together with Matame obviously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)