DPL 3 Administrative Announcements and Information Thread

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Art by GenOne
THE TEAM ROSTERS

The Six Island Shitposters
(managed by Checkmater):
Stax, finally, Croven, Yellow Paint, GRAND EMPRESS, Natalie., FloristtheBudew, obii

The Mossdeep City Space Jams
(managed by shaian):
shaian, Demantoid, Pocket, DAD1, Nido-Rus, Matt, DaWoblefet, BlueSkiddoWeCanToo, Misaki~

The Tohjo Tramplers
(managed by Memoric):
Memoric, Mizuhime, MajorBowman, miltankmilk, Matame, SableyeMyBae, GenOne, Lolk, makiri, nvakna

The Rustboro Baptist Church
(managed by SamVGC): S
amVGC, qsns, Mishimono, Level 51, mrbopper, EmbCPT, Dawg, Level 56, Pearl, rozes

The New Bark Loud Puppies
(managed by Braverius):
Braverius, Biosci, BLOOD TOTEM, marilli, nadando, Paraplegic, DragonWhale, TDK, FLCL, leimin, Haruno

The Santalune Storms
(managed by Arcticblast):
kamikaze, Laga, Yoda2798, Cease Tick, frania, Lorda Floterchai, AuraRayquaza, Tman, Tymano, n10sit, Jhon, Hashtag, Psynergy

THE SCHEDULE

Draft - Apr 7, 10:30pm EDT

Week 1 - Apr 10

Tohjo Tramplers v. New Bark Loud Puppies
Rustboro Baptist Church v. Santalune Storms
Mossdeep City Space Jams v. Six Island Shitposters

Week 2 - Apr 17

Tohjo Tramplers v. Rustboro Baptist Church
Mossdeep City Space Jams
v. New Bark Loud Puppies
Six Island Shitposters v. Santalune Storms

Week 3 - Apr 24

Mossdeep City Space Jams v. Tohjo Tramplers
Six Island Shitposters v. Rustboro Baptist Church
Santalune Storms v. New Bark Loud Puppies

Week 4 - May 1

Santalune Storms v. Mossdeep City Space Jams
Six Island Shitposters v. Tohjo Tramplers
New Bark Loud Puppies v. Rustboro Baptist Church

Week 5 - May 8

Santalune Storms v. Tohjo Tramplers
New Bark Loud Puppies v. Six Island Shitposters
Rustboro Baptist Church
v. Mossdeep City Space Jams

SEMIFINALS - May 15

Santalune Storms (won 2-1 in tiebreak) v. Mossdeep City Space Jams

FINALS - May 22

Rustboro Baptist Church v. Santalune Storms

ADMINISTRATIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS LOG

4/8: Mega Kangaskhan will be legal in SM DOU for the entirety Week 1 regardless of suspect results, as the suspect will not have concluded at the week's start.

4/16: Playoffs will be one week of semifinals consisting of the #2 team playing the #3 team followed by a week of finals, where the winner of semifinals faces the #1 seed from the regular season.

~~~

In case it wasn't obvious, don't post in this thread unless I have given you permission to do so. This is an official thread for holding information pertinent to the function of the tournament and therefore not a place to go farming for likes or asking one-liner questions. If you have concerns about anything posted here or any questions, feel free to PM me here or on Discord to talk about it.

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi there! I think I finally put the final touches on the DPL spreadsheet, which you can find at http://spo.ink/dpl3 or by clicking the honestly rather oversized link at the bottom of this post. It features all the typical things, including:
  • A fully decked-out Player Standings page, so you can see who was the worst overpay!
  • The average win rate % of a player's opponents, so we can have even more useless metrics to be misinterpreted!
  • Team color schemes, so you can take even more pride in your team!
  • ~aesthetics~!
  • Wider cells to accomodate names like GreenGogoatttt and FloristtheBudew!
  • Ridiculously long formulas!
  • Almost 100% automation after the initial set-up! (this is listed at the end because only two people will get to experience this though)
(this message in a hide tag so I don't clog up the thread)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank a couple of people who have played a big role in this spreadsheet, and even beyond it. My deepest appreciation goes out firstly to Braverius, who taught me everything I know about spreadsheet aesthetics, without whom I wouldn't be anywhere near the intersection between Pokemon and spreadsheets—and probably without whom I wouldn't be applying to a Computer Science course in university. It's been almost two years of learning spreadsheets on the go since NPA 4, and it's been pretty darn fun.

I'd also like to give a quick shout-out to Ben Kyriakou, although he probably won't see this post because I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a Smogon account, for his work on one of the older NPA spreadsheets which inspired the mechanic I originally used to present data in this spreadsheet. I say originally because I've since improved it, and this is entirely thanks to DragonWhale, who taught me how to use INDEX() and reduced the number of formula cells in this sheet from over 1,500 to under 1,000 with his INDEX-MATCH method (or, in the case of this spreadsheet, INDEX-MATCH-INDEX).

Here's to a great DPL for all managers and players!

and, in case you were about to miss it, here's the link to the spreadsheet:
>> SPREADSHEET HERE <<

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
The draft will officially be held on Friday April 7, at 10pm EDT on Pokemon Showdown! I'll update and edit this post when I know more about the exact location of the draft, but for now get hype - less than 6 days until draft time \o/

4/6 EDIT: The draft has been moved to 10:30pm EDT, still on April 7. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
Ok lots of announcements here so be sure to read up! I'll try to keep it brief.

The OP has been updated with complete rosters for every team in DPL, as has the DPL Spreadsheet! Logs of the auction can be found here, with an abbreviated version (just purchases) here and a sorted price list here.

The Six Island Shitposters traded Pearl to the Rustboro Baptist Church in exchange for 3.5k credits mid-draft, so if someone's trying to add up prices and getting confused, that's why.

Regardless of the results of the suspect, Mega Kangaskhan will be legal in SM DOU during Week 1 because the suspect will still be in progress as of the posting of the initial thread. I'll make an announcement about what changes in the case that the vote ends up with its banning.

Marshadow was just announced as being released at some point, but since it is not yet available, it will not be legal in Week 1. I assume this was obvious, but felt it was important to say anyway.

Congratulations to everyone who was bought!

talkingtree

large if factual
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING PLAYOFFS

After consulting the managers and considering various options, I have decided that this year, 3 teams will make the post-season. #2 will face #3 one week and the winner will go on to face #1 the following week. This way, there is a significant reward to get #1 and no team will throw the final week due to the draw of getting #1 for finals. Thus, the schedule will be slightly altered and the tour will take one extra week. The talent this year is at a higher standard and more spread out among the teams, so rewarding three teams instead of only two seemed like a good thing to do.

Thanks to everyone for a smooth Week 1 with no activity issues, no drama, and lineups provided on time!

talkingtree

large if factual
Playoffs, continued

A few people have been asking me about the rules regarding tiebreaker. Ties will be broken in the following order:
1) Overall points
2) Game Differential
3) Head-to-Head matchup

If all of the above are tied, the two teams will play a bo3 where one game is SM DOU and each team gets to pick the tier for one of the other games; SM DOU is still an option for these additional games.

I will post a detailed analysis of all the possible playoff scenarios directly following the posting of the Week 5 thread tomorrow night, so hopefully that will clear up any remaining questions. Here's to an exciting end to the regular season!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)