DPP Grand Slam (Semifinals)

The Smogon Grand Slam was created during the fifth generation (BW). This means that DPP lower tiers were never featured in a Grand Slam. This will be the closest recreation possible to a hypothetical DPP Grand Slam that can be done at this time.

This will be a best-of-five single elimination tournament with Ubers, UU, NU, PU, and LC (All in DPP).

Why include PU, you may ask? The modern (and initial) Smogon Grand Slam have (had) Ubers, the three tiers below OU, and LC. In the case of DPP, these three tiers are UU, NU, and PU, rather than UU, RU, and NU. This is because there is no DPP RU tier (RU was created during BW).

This tournament counts as Type B for Smogon Championship. The point distributions for a Type B tournament are as follows:

The tier lists being used are those on Pokémon Showdown's teambuilder and here.

Ubers will be challenged in [Gen 4] Ubers, UU will be challenged in [Gen 4] UU, NU and PU will be challenged in [Gen 4] NU, and LC will be challenged in [Gen 4] LC. Replays are required or else the games will not be counted (no exceptions).

Semifinals are finished.

Matchups:
MiyoKa v. Rodriblutar
[(DurzaOffTopic v. hyperbeem) v. Staraptor] v. LordST
Mikaav v. Finchinator

Last edited:
I will start finals once all of the games in this round are complete, and will not be giving out activity or coin-flip wins, but PLEASE try to get your games done in a reasonable amount of time.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
yo, can this get done? i really do not see much activity out of one of the players holding it up and this round has already lasted two full weeks when there are two series in the same section of it still to be played -- i feel like the pace of this could be sped up by handing activity to hyperbeem at this point and then having him quickly play his next opponent so we can get to the round robin final. ik it's late in the tour, but one dude still hasn't shown much sign of life and the last post itt was a whole week ago

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Dont usually do this but I feel like transparency would be good here: contacted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)