Eevee Cup

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eevee is garbage, don't use it. It's less powerful than Flareon, has awful stats, and an even worse movepool than the others. The sole reason to use it would be for the fact that CB Quick Attack 2HKOs the 65/60 defense crowd (Jolteon, Espeon, Flareon), but rotating doesn't take up a turn and you are just inviting Leafeon and Umbreon to set up on you. If you want a powerful physical attacker, Adamant Guts Flareon at least 2HKOs the entire metagame with the exception of 252/252 Bold Vaporeon which must have Leftovers to escape the 2HKO from Facade.

CB is most certainly not banned in Eevee Cup.

I was under the impression that the only banned item was Soul Dew (for some reason). Where'd you hear this?
I can't confirm now because the Japanese PGL is down for maintanence, but the Bulbapedia report made it sound like only items available during regular playthrough could be used, which is a little ambiguous I suppose.
I vaguely recall reading something about no BP items on the eevee cup rulesheet. I'll confirm when the GL is back online, I struggled through some of the translation so I'll definitely have to double check.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
By "items obtained by normal gameplay" they mean no event-exclusive items or on the odd chance of it, hacked datamined items. The term does not mean "you may only use items you get during the storyline walkthrough where you pick shit up from the ground". They use the same jargon for VGCs iirc. If it were any more complicated than that, there would be an explicit rule against the item but there is no such ban for any item other than Soul Dew. Bulbanew's initial report on the item rules was incorrect, they reported that items were banned altogether; I was the one who contacted their staff and corrected them and they mean what I wrote above. The person who translated it for me is almost at native speaker skill in Japanese and a Pokemon fan and made no mention of anything else that could be banned. Please don't complicate this further after the initial confusion about the item rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)