Eisen's Battle-Ready Frenzy [Under renovation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok thanks, FWI if you dont know heavy ball can't be used on metang or metagross in wild because the don't happen meaning beldum is the only one so it's VERY hard to get.
I am now looking for Heavy Ball Beldum after spending a few hours trying to catch one without getting a single shake :P Did you catch yours yourself, and if so, do you have proof? If not, can you tell me where you got it? Thanks!

I am now looking for Heavy Ball Beldum after spending a few hours trying to catch one without getting a single shake :P Did you catch yours yourself, and if so, do you have proof? If not, can you tell me where you got it? Thanks!
If you have a spare Heavy Ball I can catch you one. (Gave mine away)

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I really do. Only thing I do after school is breed stuff for people (working on 3 right now) and other Pokemon stuff. Lol

Edit: and the occasional YouTube video. I have no life
lol, well then! If you want to try, I won't stand in your way, I'll be happy to provide you the Heavy Ball! :D I think this must be crazier than going for a 6 IVs legendary, but I wish you the best of luck!

lol, well then! If you want to try, I won't stand in your way, I'll be happy to provide you the Heavy Ball! :D I think this must be crazier than going for a 6 IVs legendary, but I wish you the best of luck!
Ill get it eventually, I guarantee. It may take a bit though. I'll PM you for the ball after school.

P.S. You're speaking to a guy who fell asleep on a roof and rolled off then decided to go back on the roof at 6. I can handle crazy. Lol

Eisen I will probably have one before skeletor (I have 900 heavy balls) I will probably not have capture proof but will have some sort of proof.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
Eisen I will probably have one before skeletor (I have 900 heavy balls) I will probably not have capture proof but will have some sort of proof.
Well, I have 900 heavy balls too, and that didn't do it :P I think it will come down to luck, may the RNG gods be in your favour!

I understand you can't have a picture of the moment of capture, but maybe take a picture on the screen right after capture (like where it says "would you like to give Beldum a nickname")? I would really appreciate solid proof like this to be sure. Having good proof will be good also if you want to trade it with other people afterwards, having a legit one you caught yourself is pretty valuable I think!

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
Why is it SOO hard to catch a Beldum in a Heavy Ball tho?
Because the Heavy Ball gives a bonus in catch rate for Pokémon heavier than 451lbs, but a penalty in catch rate for Pokémon lighter than 225.8lbs. Beldum is 209.9lbs, so the catch rate with a Heavy Ball is actually much lower than it would be with a regular Pokéball. Since Beldum's base catch rate is 3 (same as the lowest legendaries, for example the Tapus), adding a catch rate penalty on top of it makes it almost impossible (but technically possible, it's just that the odds are insanely low). Plus, it's very annoying to face as its only move is Take Down, so unless you have a Ghost Pokémon at the front, it will KO itself after only 1 turn of being at 1HP.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
Whoah......so, how hard is it to say, catch Gastly in a Heavy Ball?

P.S. I'm ready for the trade. Mareep is ready.
Not as hard, because they both get the same penalty for being lighter than 225.8 (it's the same penalty for all Pokémon under), but Gastly's base catch rate is way higher (190 to be precise, vs. 3 for Beldum). So, it may be a bit tough because of the penalty, but asleep and at 1HP, it wouldn't be too bad :P

[quite=das_eisenherz, post: 7238648, member: 326390"]Not as hard, because they both get the same penalty for being lighter than 225.8 (it's the same penalty for all Pokémon under), but Gastly's base catch rate is way higher (190 to be precise, vs. 3 for Beldum). So, it may be a bit tough because of the penalty, but asleep and at 1HP, it wouldn't be too bad :P[/quote]
I wonder if skill swapping the ability that increase weight (I think it was called heavy metal) impacts its catch rate. I'll have to test that. BTW, do you want a HA Beldum or is a normal one fine? (Although I will say I'dprefer not going for its hidden. That will be the meaning of pain).

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
I wonder if skill swapping the ability that increase weight (I think it was called heavy metal) impacts its catch rate. I'll have to test that. BTW, do you want a HA Beldum or is a normal one fine? (Although I will say I'dprefer not going for its hidden. That will be the meaning of pain).
Good question, I know someone tried tricking Beldum an Iron Ball to increase its weight and that didn't affect the catch rate, but I'm not sure about the Heavy Metal ability, could be worth a shot. Also, definitely not HA, not only would it be absolute torture to go for, but Metagross' HA also isn't good competitively :P

Good question, I know someone tried tricking Beldum an Iron Ball to increase its weight and that didn't affect the catch rate, but I'm not sure about the Heavy Metal ability, could be worth a shot. Also, definitely not HA, not only would it be absolute torture to go for, but Metagross' HA also isn't good competitively :P
True

Also, Iron Ball cuts speed but doesn'tadd to weight.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
Mr. Kream : I finished your project, your 30/30/30/30/30/30 Ditto is now waiting in my boxes! :) PM or VM me to arrange a trade (you can also deposit something on the GTS).

------

And with that, a new spot has opened on the request list! Please be aware, however, that I might slow down on the pace I do requests in the next few weeks, as I am really hoping to get some progress done with my Competitive Dex project, which is coming along nicely but a little too slow. If you would like to grab the 3rd request slot, make sure you are in no hurry! :)

True

Also, Iron Ball cuts speed but doesn'tadd to weight.
Oh, you're right! I kind of assumed it did, oops!

Mr. Kream : I finished your project, your 30/30/30/30/30/30 Ditto is now waiting in my boxes! :) PM or VM me to arrange a trade (you can also deposit something on the GTS).

------

And with that, a new spot has opened on the request list! Please be aware, however, that I might slow down on the pace I do requests in the next few weeks, as I am really hoping to get some progress done with my Competitive Dex project, which is coming along nicely but a little too slow. If you would like to grab the 3rd request slot, make sure you are in no hurry! :)

Oh, you're right! I kind of assumed it did, oops!
Same. Had to look it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)