Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
Here is my electric mono that I have fine tuned for a couple of months now. I have gotten to 1475 with it and having a hard time moving :|
Tapu Koko is a Pokemon that pretty much has to be on any electric mono team. I have it as a physical attacker as electric types have very few and it allows me to beat problems like mega venu and Chansey with its flyinium and natures madness cripples many switch ins to it. U turn is obviously there for momentum.

Then I have luxray. He is there for another physical attacker. His ability and facade help and hinder him. With low speed it doesn't do all it can and should do. BUT don't let that turn you, it can make huge plays on many troublesome teams. It can 1v1 many slower threats that thundurus could and couldn't. It can beat cradily on grass, with facade mega venu isn't the best switch in either. It can help tremendously on rock monos where thundy couldn't. And can even be a safe switch in to many toxic, burn inducing Pokemon (besides ghost really and maybe dark) luxray has been a huge help to the team and helps make my team less prepared for.

Raichu is another must have Pokemon. Grass knot instead of surf allows it to destroy water almost completely under terrain and hurts most ground types. Psychic is a powerful stab when thunderbolt isn't an option and ficus blast ohkos many huge threats like scarf kyurem and many rock types. It allows me to hit ferrothorn if they predict psychic when mega venu is out.

Zapdos is my special defensive stall wall

Rotom is my defensive stall wall and support

And manectric is good against many steel types is fast and hits hard with its stab moves. Hidden power ice allows it to hit many ground types and dragon/flying types. I am thinking of switching him with magnazone
If I am honest I am trying to peak the ladder and break that 1475 peak and reach that 1500 top 500 my biggest problems are volcanona and mega venu but I just recently added flyium z instead of ele z so we shall see what it goes I just want advice on how to advance and make the team better as long as it is good advice that isn't get rid of tapu koko for emolga I will be happy for any and all suggestions

Last edited:
Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness

Luxray @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Facade
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Zapdos
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
Here is my electric mono that I have fine tuned for a couple of months now. I have gotten to 1475 with it and having a hard time moving :|
Tapu Koko is a Pokemon that pretty much has to be on any electric mono team. I have it as a physical attacker as electric types have very few and it allows me to beat problems like mega venu and Chansey with its flyinium and natures madness cripples many switch ins to it. U turn is obviously there for momentum.

Then I have luxray. He is there for another physical attacker. His ability and facade help and hinder him. With low speed it doesn't do all it can and should do. BUT don't let that turn you, it can make huge plays on many troublesome teams. It can 1v1 many slower threats that thundurus could and couldn't. It can beat cradily on grass, with facade mega venu isn't the best switch in either. It can help tremendously on rock monos where thundy couldn't. And can even be a safe switch in to many toxic, burn inducing Pokemon (besides ghost really and maybe dark) luxray has been a huge help to the team and helps make my team less prepared for.

Raichu is another must have Pokemon. Grass knot instead of surf allows it to destroy water almost completely under terrain and hurts most ground types. Psychic is a powerful stab when thunderbolt isn't an option and ficus blast ohkos many huge threats like scarf kyurem and many rock types. It allows me to hit ferrothorn if they predict psychic when mega venu is out.

Zapdos is my special defensive stall wall

Rotom is my defensive stall wall and support

And manectric is good against many steel types is fast and hits hard with its stab moves. Hidden power ice allows it to hit many ground types and dragon/flying types. I am thinking of switching him with magnazone
If I am honest I am trying to peak the ladder and break that 1475 peak and reach that 1500 top 500 my biggest problems are volcanona and mega venu but I just recently added flyium z instead of ele z so we shall see what it goes I just want advice on how to advance and make the team better as long as it is good advice that isn't get rid of tapu koko for emolga I will be happy for any and all suggestions
Hey man, really like that team, but I feel like several things can be done in order to make it better:
Firstly, your team is lacking stealth rock, so it might be good to change Rotom or Luxray for Golem-Alola, which is the only possible stealth rock setter in electric monotypes (stunfisk does not count).
Then, I would suggest you to exchange Manectric (whose job is already done by several pokemon in your team, then as a pivot, Tapu Koko is very superior because of its better firepower, and as a cleaner, Raichu-Alola is generaly more useful, as it can outspeed virtually every mon in the metagame) with, depending of the fact that you prefer to pick Golem over Luxray or Rotom, Magnezone (if Luxray is out), who can ease the steel match-up a lot because of magnet trap, or by Xurkitree (if Rotom is out) ,which can be used as a revenge killer and a possible cleaner with the choice scarf.
Finally, even know this is far less important, the Ev spread of Zapdos should be optimised to 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe, so that you can outspeed the mon having 70 base stat of speed while staying as bulky as possible

Without Rotom:
Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness

Luxray @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Facade
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Zapdos
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Roost

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Galvanize
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

Without Luxray:

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Zapdos
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Roost

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire

Hey man, really like that team, but I feel like several things can be done in order to make it better:
Firstly, your team is lacking stealth rock, so it might be good to change Rotom or Luxray for Golem-Alola, which is the only possible stealth rock setter in electric monotypes (stunfisk does not count).
Then, I would suggest you to exchange Manectric (whose job is already done by several pokemon in your team, then as a pivot, Tapu Koko is very superior because of its better firepower, and as a cleaner, Raichu-Alola is generaly more useful, as it can outspeed virtually every mon in the metagame) with, depending of the fact that you prefer to pick Golem over Luxray or Rotom, Magnezone (if Luxray is out), who can ease the steel match-up a lot because of magnet trap, or by Xurkitree (if Rotom is out) ,which can be used as a revenge killer and a possible cleaner with the choice scarf.
Finally, even know this is far less important, the Ev spread of Zapdos should be optimised to 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe, so that you can outspeed the mon having 70 base stat of speed while staying as bulky as possible

Without Rotom:
Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness

Luxray @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Facade
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Zapdos
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Roost

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

Without Luxray:

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Wild Charge
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Zapdos
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Roost

Golem-Alola @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
Quick question, why does zapdos need to be faster? I am just curious as to why as I don't see any relavence so if you tell me if will make more sense. And thank you :)

Quick question, why does zapdos need to be faster? I am just curious as to why as I don't see any relavence so if you tell me if will make more sense. And thank you :)
Zapdos being faster than max speed 70 bst, such as Breelom, Bisharp or Volcanion ensure that it can pivot on them with volt switch or heal itself with roost before them, so that they need to use priority or make a prediction to kill you.

Zapdos being faster than max speed 70 bst, such as Breelom, Bisharp or Volcanion ensure that it can pivot on them with volt switch or heal itself with roost before them, so that they need to use priority or make a prediction to kill you.
Ya that helps so I could pivot into koko on Breloom and kill or the soon to be on my team magnazone to kill sharp. As far as volcanona I like that too but I doubt I'd have zap vs volt but who knows in the heat of battle anything can happen from crits to hax thank you :)
Also what do you think about taunt koko?

Hey this is a really cool Electric team. I love the less common Tapu Koko set you opted for because you had Mega Manectric cover its usual role. I got a couple suggestions that should help you out with improving this team even more.

First, the Zapdos doesn't even have an item. Give it Leftovers for that nice healing. Also, Ferrothorn and other assorted threats like Tapu Bulu and Mega Heracross can be problems for this team, so I recommend using a 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe EV spread with a Timid nature and Heat Wave. Notably, this EV spread outspeeds those threats along with Adamant Excadrill while still leaving Zapdos just slower than Heatran, which is important for letting you use Volt Switch to bring a teammate in safely. While Toxic is nice, in the current metagame, Toxic Zapdos just doesn't do as much for the team. Thus, Heat Wave should replace Toxic.

Mega Manectric should absolutely use Overheat over Flamethrower. Overheat's extra damage is far more important than worrying about the Special Attack drop. The damage allows Mega Manectric to always OHKO Ferrothorn and Excadrill. These are KOs you do not want to miss out on. At the same time, specially defensive Jirachi is often 2HKOed, which Flamethrower can never do. As a result, it's just the better Fire-type coverage move option.

I agree with Le teamribou that you need Stealth Rock. Alolan Golem should replace Luxray as suggested. Alolan Golem is a fantastic physical attacker, even more powerful than Luxray, so it's just a great upgrade for your team. On this team, I would use the Life Orb + Explosion set to beat Mega Venusaur.

I hope these changes help and good luck with your team!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

Golem-Alola @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Hey this is a really cool Electric team. I love the less common Tapu Koko set you opted for because you had Mega Manectric cover its usual role. I got a couple suggestions that should help you out with improving this team even more.

First, the Zapdos doesn't even have an item. Give it Leftovers for that nice healing. Also, Ferrothorn and other assorted threats like Tapu Bulu and Mega Heracross can be problems for this team, so I recommend using a 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe EV spread with a Timid nature and Heat Wave. Notably, this EV spread outspeeds those threats along with Adamant Excadrill while still leaving Zapdos just slower than Heatran, which is important for letting you use Volt Switch to bring a teammate in safely. While Toxic is nice, in the current metagame, Toxic Zapdos just doesn't do as much for the team. Thus, Heat Wave should replace Toxic.

Mega Manectric should absolutely use Overheat over Flamethrower. Overheat's extra damage is far more important than worrying about the Special Attack drop. The damage allows Mega Manectric to always OHKO Ferrothorn and Excadrill. These are KOs you do not want to miss out on. At the same time, specially defensive Jirachi is often 2HKOed, which Flamethrower can never do. As a result, it's just the better Fire-type coverage move option.

I agree with Le teamribou that you need Stealth Rock. Alolan Golem should replace Luxray as suggested. Alolan Golem is a fantastic physical attacker, even more powerful than Luxray, so it's just a great upgrade for your team. On this team, I would use the Life Orb + Explosion set to beat Mega Venusaur.

I hope these changes help and good luck with your team!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt

Golem-Alola @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Return
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
Oh ok thanks it means a lot coming from you :) I'll make changes to my team and zapdos not having leftovers is just a mistake as I remade this team from my iPad to important to here as at the time I couldn't use my computer. And on a side note I thought you lead mono did you step down or something if you don't mind me asking??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)