SM PU Electric Seed Swoobat

Hello everyone, this is a team I built around Electric Terrain Electivire & Electric Seed Swoobat.

Team at a glance:

Folie à Deux (Electivire) (M) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Motor Drive
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electric Terrain
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

* Electivire's job is to set up Electric Terrain for Swoobat to activate its Electric Seed. Electivire also has decent synergy with Swoobat with its ability, being able to absorb those Electric Attacks, and Swoobat being immune to Electivire's ground weakness. The Electrium Z gives you two options, to either set up Z-Electric Terrain giving you a speed boost, or to hit the opponent with a very strong base 175 power Gigavolt Havoc. Choose wisely.

Porky (Swoobat) (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Air Slash

* Swoobat is the main sweeper on this team, if you can bring Swoobat in on Electric Terrain, you get a free +2 boost to Defense which allows you to take neutral hits a lot better. Swoobat is still very frail so be careful when you choose to bring it in. The +2 defense boost also serves to power up Stored Power. Calm Mind works wonders on this Pokemon due to its ability Simple (doubles stat boosts, instead of +1 Sp. Atk and Sp. Def you get +2), making Swoobat hit insanely hard with Stored Power, and Air Slash is there for coverage and the flinch chance.

Dr. Crane (Cacturne) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

* Cacturne is here to help deal with Sableye as being a dark type makes you immune to Sableye's Prankster shenanigans. Cacturne also has a decent ability in Water Absorb which heals you if you are hit with a water attack, which helps give it synergy with Pyroar. Cacturne is unfortunately a very predictable mon so if anyone as any other ideas as to what I could maybe swap Cacturne out with, let me know!

Tiny Wings (Clefairy) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

* Clefairy is the team's Special Wall, this thing can eat special attacks for days, it also works as a fantastic utility mon with Stealth Rocks access and the ability to pass T-waves off. Moonblast also has that clutch 50% chance to lower the opponent's Sp. Atk.

Bob Barker (Hitmonchan) @ Fist Plate
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

* Ah Hitmonchan, this thing is an absolute monster for any team who isn't prepared for it. It quite literally punches holes through teams. You could swap out the Fist Plate for Life Orb if you like, you would do 10% more damage at the cost of 10% of your hp every time you attack. Drain Punch hits extremely hard. Mach Punch is there for Priority, also gets boosted by Iron Fist + Fist Plate. Ice Punch is obviously there for coverage. Finally Rapid Spin is there for utility, being able to remove your opponent's entry hazards.

Leon (Pyroar) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]

* Pyroar with Choice Specs hits very hard. With Hyper Voice you are even able to hit through your opponent's substitutes which can come in clutch. HP Grass is there for those pesky bulky Water/Grounds. Dark Pulse hits ghosts hard, and Flamethrower hits hard with STAB. Alternatively you could swap out Flamethrower for Fire Blast to hit even harder, I am just incredibly unlucky and I hate missing my attacks when they count. :(

Team seems solid, but the whole reason Tapu Koko/Hawlucha is so good is that Koko is an offensive pivot, and can move straight into lucha on most threats. Your Terrain-Setter really wants to be volt switching, in which case you might want to replace Pyroar with a physical attacker.
I'd probably suggest either Raichu for the fast pivot or Ampharos if you want a bulkier pivot, maybe with Banded Scrappy Kangaskhan or Stoutland as the fast attacker. (Or Miltank if speed is the key concern and you've got the balls)

LittleBigPlanet2

Aldi Final Boss
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey!
I faced this team on the suspect ladder, was pretty cool! At a glance I can deduce you paid attention to type synergies. By the way, from what I saw in that match, the team suffers things like Piloswine (strong physical mons in general I guess): nothing here can safely switch on Pilo, while the ground pig can switch on Electivire with ease, not giving you any momentum. You can even try Cross Chop with Fightium Z, it does a lot but the whole thing is that you won't solve the issue hinted by the guy above me. Raichu/Ampharos are good options for volt switchin and setting up the terrain, Z Focus Blast is a good lure too. Now we want to be a bit bulkier on the phy side, right? What about investing some evs in Clef's Def (or even changing it for Piloswine as your team now appreciates an electric immunity!) and giving to Hitmonlee an AV? Just an idea. Let's talk about Cacturne: pretty good on paper, but if you don't feel confortable with it you can even try with a scarfed Shiftry, this will also save you from losing against Carracostas. To finish the job, go for an hard phy hitter (the harder the better, extra points if with priority moves), Kanga is good, Band Skuntank also is pretty cool, try with whatever you like.
Hope it helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)