EV Training Spots in Black/White

While gathering wings at marvelous bridge is a bit tedious, i found it rather helpful when ev training. When I am ev training a speed pokemon ill go there as the swanna provide 2 speed evs, i can also gather many wings of different stats. The swannas are lv47-50 so provide a good amount of exp to level up pokemon as well.

If you do this for long enough you can gather enough wings to fully ev train a poke in a minute of two which always is good!

Relic castle B3F-B6F has level 35ish Cofagrigus at 50%, which give 2 def EVs each. B7F has Sandslash (2 def) at 30%, Onix (1 def) at 15%, and Cofagrigus at 20%. They're ~level 50 though which might be annoying for some pokemon.

Just don't use Roggenrolla, sturdy is evil.

Dunno what the rate for roggenrolla is but if you have a pokemon with mold breaker, it will bypass sturdy. Something to consider, also you could use abomasnow lol.

Drudge gives 2 ATK EVs.

Used an Action Replay code to check, the pokemon in question had Pokerus and went from 88 ATK EV's to 92. Will confirm with Video/pictures if needed.

The code in question is reliable and I will post it if required for verification purposes.

Route 1 Doubles Grass is a great place. I've been using Route 1 Surfing to get Speed and then Route 1 Doubles to get ATK. You get Scraggy (1 ATK), Herdier (2 ATK), and Watchog (2 ATK) there.

Just thought I'd bump this thread and make a point.

Dunno if this hasn't been said before, but another way to check if your pokemon is fully EVd is to use a steroid or feather that increases a stat you know you haven't EVd them in.

For example, I've just finished EV training a Jolly Pansage, 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP.

I went to use an Iron on it to check whether or not the EVs were full, and it had no effect. Thus, fully EVd.

Just thought I'd say. :)

Vitamins won't work regardless if you have over 100 EVs.
That's why I specified a stat that they haven't been EVd in. If the vitamin doesn't work, and they have less than 100 EVs in the respective stat, they're full on EVs.

Personally, I trained my suicune in Defence, i went to pinwheel forest. It was a bit tedious but with the power belt, i got it done in under an hour. For hp, i already caught victini, so iccarus swamps work - 2 evs for both stunfisk and palpitoad

I can't believe no one has mentioned Route 4. You get Darumaka, Sandile, and Scraggy for 1 Atk EVs 100% of the time. It's my favorite spot for Atk EVs simply because its so consistent. I can usually get 252 EVs in about 10-15 minutes with a Power item (if I'm too lazy for Pokerus).

my issues with route 4 are a) the constant sandstorm there, and b) the fact that route 1 also has 1 Atk EV 100% of the time with weaker pokemon.

i also have no idea how its never been mentioned though now that you bring it up. i think a route with guaranteed EVs in a certain stat deserves notice even if only so people know what options they have when EV training

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but all six of Morimoto's pokemon give 2 EVs in Speed. Also, the Triple/Rotation Simi-<suffix> battles in Opelucid also give 2 EVs each. These battle is good for leveling up while EV training.

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but any route with Frillish are decent EV training spots, since Frillish give 1 Special Defence EV's per fight, and they're relatively weak, so it's easy to KO them.

For training HP, I go to Giant Chasm (specifically the Crater's Forest).
High level pokemon, most give HP EV's.

Info taken from Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giant_Chasm)

Both types of grass feature the same encounter rates, albeit the dark grass contains higher level pokemon.

Clefairy-30% 2HP
Piloswine-25% 1HP 1Att
Ditto-15% 1HP
Lunatone-10% 2 Sp. Att
Solrock-10% 2 Att
Metang-10% 2 Def

Rustling grass:
Audino-85% 2 HP
Mamoswine-5% 3 Att
Clefable-5% 3 HP
Metagross-5% 3 Def

Definitely the best place to EV train for HP, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but all six of Morimoto's pokemon give 2 EVs in Speed. Also, the Triple/Rotation Simi-<suffix> battles in Opelucid also give 2 EVs each. These battle is good for leveling up while EV training.
Only problem with this is you'd probably be done ev training before you get to level 75 (or even 39 in some cases w/ the triple/rotation battle). Otherwise you'd have to use an EXP share ith the Morimoto battle, which is rather inefficient when you could end up with 36 evs instead.

my issues with route 4 are a) the constant sandstorm there, and b) the fact that route 1 also has 1 Atk EV 100% of the time with weaker pokemon.

i also have no idea how its never been mentioned though now that you bring it up. i think a route with guaranteed EVs in a certain stat deserves notice even if only so people know what options they have when EV training
Well, the pokemon are relatively weak there so they'd be pretty easy to OHKO (even dragon rage can finish some of them off).

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Or, Xanderpitz, you can have your pokemon in training be sent out first and switch. I've done that with quite a few pokemon to boost their levels simultaneously while getting speed EVs up.

For training HP, I go to Giant Chasm (specifically the Crater's Forest).
High level pokemon, most give HP EV's.

Info taken from Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giant_Chasm)

Both types of grass feature the same encounter rates, albeit the dark grass contains higher level pokemon.

Clefairy-30% 2HP
Piloswine-25% 1HP 1Att
Ditto-15% 1HP
Lunatone-10% 2 Sp. Att
Solrock-10% 2 Att
Metang-10% 2 Def

Rustling grass:
Audino-85% 2 HP
Mamoswine-5% 3 Att
Clefable-5% 3 HP
Metagross-5% 3 Def

Definitely the best place to EV train for HP, in my opinion.

Iccuris is FAR superior. The only 'mon you run into is Stunfisk, who gives 2HP EVS, meaning you have a 100% chance to run into an HP-giving opponent.

Route 10 for attack is the best I have seen, don't know why any ev guides don't mention it. 30% herdier (2 attack ev) 20% Bouffalant (2 attack ev) and in white its even better with 30% rufflet (1 attack ev). Either version its still great, black has a 50% encounter rate with two pokemon that provide 2 evs. Got to love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)