Event Discussion

Cool, so I'll just get it again on X and hope for better IVs. I haven't beaten that file yet (in-progress Nuzlocke) so I'm just going to have to hope and pray it's good.
Just SR for it. Save the game in front of the gift person with at least one open slot in your party. If you don't get a good nature and IVs, reset. If you mean that don't want to be stuck doing that and unable to advance in the game, you don't need to claim it right away. You can receive it through Mystery Gift and then just leave it unclaimed for as long as you want.

Just SR for it. Save the game in front of the gift person with at least one open slot in your party. If you don't get a good nature and IVs, reset. If you mean that don't want to be stuck doing that and unable to advance in the game, you don't need to claim it right away. You can receive it through Mystery Gift and then just leave it unclaimed for as long as you want.
Oh, so I can get it, beat the game, and then redeem it after I get there?

Yeah. You can pick it up in any Pokemon Center at any time once you redeem it through Mystery Gift. It won't expire.
Just make sure not to delete the wonder card before you're done resetting. Not sure why you would, but I did it once since I thought the card was useless.

Second chance Genesect in Omega & Sapphire with the code GENESECT20 is out now in North America

Sorry but no idea what code you get Europe :[

"A new event has been announced for Japan to tie in with a new line of merchandise. This event is a special Easter Egg event where, from March 18th to April 9th, you can receive one of six eggs at random containing Turtonator, Passimian, Oranguru, Goomy, Drampa or Mareanie. "

~Serebii

Not sure if these are HA or not. Hope they are.

Interestingly enough, Oranguru and Passimian's HAs have not been released until this event arrives. I'm not sure about Drampa, though. Turtonator doesn't even have an HA, since it relies on Shell Armor, flavor-wise.

The next Battle Competition's been announced - its prizes being Pidgeotite and Steelixite.

"Details of the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble competition. This is a Single Battle competition with standard rules requiring the Kanto & Alola Pokédex only. Mewtwo, Mew, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna cannot be used.. Mega Stones are also not allowed. Registration will be open from March 9th at 00:00 UTC to March 16th 23:59 UTC and battles will run from March 17th through March 19th. All entrants will get the Pidgeotite and Steelixite Mega Stones."
~Serebii

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The next Battle Competition's been announced - its prizes being Pidgeotite and Steelixite.

"Details of the next Battle Competition have been announced. This is the Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble competition. This is a Single Battle competition with standard rules requiring the Kanto & Alola Pokédex only. Mewtwo, Mew, Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna cannot be used.. Mega Stones are also not allowed. Registration will be open from March 9th at 00:00 UTC to March 16th 23:59 UTC and battles will run from March 17th through March 19th. All entrants will get the Pidgeotite and Steelixite Mega Stones."
~Serebii
Ooh, I can use Charizard!

... I'm still using Charizard. Actually I may give my whole team a redo, during the last Battle Competition I was reminded of something: Ultra Beasts and Tapus are allowed.

*Cue my party, all who are wrapped in bandages, gives me a death glare*
Me: Oh calm down, you guys surprisingly won some battles.
Mimikyu: Yeah, but...
*Incineroar places his hand in front of Mimikyu*
Incineroar: Don't argue.
Mimikyu: What?
Incineroar: Don't argue. What's done has been done. After all, we did say we wanted some time in the Poke Pelago, didn't we?
Snorlax: YEAH! Isle Abeens, here I come!
Incineroar: Yeah, let's go to Poke Pelago. Wish your new team luck, they're gonna need it.

Joking aside, though my team wasn't the greatest I surprisingly won some close battles which was fun so I would say I had a fun experience (though I can now say I HATE Flinch and Freeze hax like everyone else. Also my opinions on Garchomp and "Follow Me" Clefairy have dimmed). I also saw some interesting teams like an all Eeveelution team (which beat me), someone who effectively pulled off Eevee's Extreme Evoboost, and an odd one where they entered with all unevolved Pokemon but as soon as the battle started forfeited (oh come on, at least I'm trying). Many great strategies too, though I think I'll try to stick with quick sweepers next time. I like quick matches, I decided near the end to forfeit matches which sent out a wall and it didn't look like I was gonna win so why waste everyone's time. Hopefully fast sweepers won't have that as a problem. :)

~Serebii
I'm too lazy to breed new guys...and maybe my team won't be a total loserfest now! I though it was a Singles team and raised it up for that. But it was actually a Doubles Battle so my team was creamed by people that actually KNEW that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm too lazy to breed new guys...and maybe my team won't be a total loserfest now! I though it was a Singles team and raised it up for that. But it was actually a Doubles Battle so my team was creamed by people that actually KNEW that.
Unless stated otherwise official competition is always Doubles format.

WHEN SUDDENLY GF JUST RANDOMLY GIVES OUT THE MEWTWO MEGA STONES IN EVERY COUNTRY OVER THE INTERNET WITH NO WARNING

"A new event has begun around the globe. This event gives the Mega Stones for Mewtwo, the Mewtwonite X and the Mewtwonite Y. This is given with the code: M2DESCENT. Currently there is no end date known for this distribution so be sure to get it while you still can"

~Serebii

Last edited:
" It is also confirmed that the gift for the Beedrillite and Mawilite for entry in the 2017 International Challenge February will begin on March 7th 2017. A shared serial code to give both of these stones will also be available from April."
~Serebii

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I guess they decided to ease the anger risen from those who are seeing Mega Stones being given as Competition rewards they released two for everyone's favorite Legendary. This actually makes sense, you generally can't use Mewtwo for the online competition so having its Mega Stones as a reward doesn't mean much to a competitive player aside just wanting the Mega Stones, so releasing them as a general gift to everyone is a pretty good move to calm people down. And no, that doesn't excuse them not being made available in the game.

Though speaking of Mewtwo, I finally got around to buying a pass for Poke Bank meaning I just transferred a TON of Pokemon over to my Moon version. :D Well, eventually I did, first I sent Mew, Hoopa, and Volcanion back and forth between my Y and Alpha Sapphire version to get them in my Pokedex (giving me 100% in both) as well as seeing the events they unlocked (or rather the additional dialogue from a random person). But after all that I then finally put them in my Moon version and boy I could only imagine how that conversation with Mohn went.
Me: Hey Mohn, just going to tell you I'm going to get a batch of Pokemon from friends in the Kalos and Hoenn region.
Mohn: Kalos and Hoenn, you say? Now that's what I call international hospitality, ha! Don't worry your Z-Ring off, we've got plenty of room in Poke Pelago and it would be great to see critters from other regions.
Me: Well it's not just Kalos and Hoenn Pokemon. You see they also got Pokemon from friends in Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova so I'm getting those Pokemon too.
Mohn: Oh, well that's pretty much all the regions. How many are you getting exactly?
Me: You now about the National Dex?
Mohn: Yeah, if I recall Alola doesn't have it but other regions have a dex containing all currently known Pokemon. Why do you ask?
Rotom Dex: Oh, bzzt, you're gonna love this part.
Me: Well... I now have every Pokemon needed to at least get the final forms of every single Pokemon.
Mohn: EVERY SINGLE POKEMON?!?! Well, uh, that's alright, it might get a bit crowded but I'm sure all the little critters will find their place on the Pelago. Not like you got their Legendaries too.
Me: ...
Mohn: ... I think I better start making plans to expand Poke Pelago.
Me: If you like you can have some of my Pokemon help. Groudon is real good at creating more land.

... and now after writing this above dialogue it's given me some ideas for jokes now that I have these Pokemon (mainly playing pranks on/annoying characters with the Legendaries).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)