Event Discussion

Pikachu-Hat giveaway is now active; the Mystery Gift password is PIKACHU20. Claiming the code this week will give you the original hat (and no Iron Tail); you'll have to be patient and wait a week without claiming if you want the others. Then again, it's just a rat in a hat. What could you ever want to do with that?

The Shiny Silvally and Shiny Mimikyu distributions have started in Japan.

As I mentioned before, Shiny Silvally comes at level 100 in a Cherish Ball holding a Gold Bottle Cap with the moves Multi Attack, Parting Shot, Punishment, Scary Face. Shiny Mimikyu comes at level 10 in a Cherish Ball holding a Rare Candy with the moves Astonish, Play Rough, Copycat, Substitute.

For those who are Latin American, the following places will be distributing Marshadow codes from October 9th to the 29th.

- Chile: Microplay
- Colombia: Alkosto
- Perú: Next Level
- Panamá: EstiGames
- Costa Rica: Vértigo
- Guatemala: El Duende

Now, can I rant a little about the fact I'm not going to be able to get the event itself because no one is distributing the codes in Argentina? Seriously, why isn't it an online worldwide code?

I'm kinda glad the cap of my original region (Sinnoh) and hence the one I'm getting actually has both 'special moves' that I couldn't get through training or TMs (move tutor exclusive Iron Tail and breeding exclusive Volt Tackle).

On the flipside, I find it funny that the only cap without either special move is the one most people would want and be getting; the original cap.

Volt Tackle is now a tutor move for Pikachu; go talk to the handler of the gang of Pikachu over by the Konikoni lighthouse.

Oddly, the hat version can't use regular Pikanium Z to upgrade it, though.

I too got the Sinnoh hat as I think it's the best-looking one Ash ever used. It was either that or Hoenn's.

Volt Tackle is now a tutor move for Pikachu; go talk to the handler of the gang of Pikachu over by the Konikoni lighthouse.

Oddly, the hat version can't use regular Pikanium Z to upgrade it, though.
Hats make something change completely and no longer resemble what it was. Just ask Team Fortress 2.

Hats make something change completely and no longer resemble what it was.
Yup, well known fact

and Mexico will get Marshadow through Gameplanet for those interested
(still no distributions announced in other countries, sorry Argentina)

Last edited:
Talking of Marshadow; its event serial code has started to be handed out at Game in the UK. According to Serebii though, some Game stores are holding it and some aren't; so it seems to be taking a while to get to certain stores. Either way the codes are being handed out until November 16th; one day before USUM's release.

Talking of Marshadow; its event serial code has started to be handed out at Game in the UK. According to Serebii though, some Game stores are holding it and some aren't; so it seems to be taking a while to get to certain stores. Either way the codes are being handed out until November 16th; one day before USUM's release.
Will they be redeemable on USUM, then?

The Shiny Silvally currently being distributed in Japan is only redeemable on SM, and only until November 16th.

Seems like the Sinnoh Cap Pikachu is rather popular. I didn't think about it the fact that it is the only one that gets both Iron Tail and Volt Tackle, that's really cool. Anyway, I decided to pick it up for one of my games since I really like the design of the Sinnoh Cap, it is probably my favorite in terms of design. Sinnoh is also my second favorite region. As for the second one I'll get, I think I'll go with the Unova Cap since it is my favorite region and I kinda like the design of that cap too.

Regarding Marshadow, I haven't heard any news about the event coming to my country yet but I expect it to appear at some point, hopefully soon.

and Mexico will get Marshadow through Gameplanet for those interested
(still no distributions announced in other countries, sorry Argentina)

I repeat. Why not an online code? This is not an event that is themed to a specific place - there's no reason for players to not be able to access this event just because they live in the wrong country.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I got Sinnoh cap as I felt it was one of the better saga in the anime. I'd argue that Ash was at his best here, had a good League arc (where we only didn't see a return of many of Ash's reserves but he also defeats two Legendaries), Paul was a great rival which ended in a great League battle, Dawn's Pokemon Contests plot felt better done than May's, and the Team Galactic plot felt competently implemented and done (also both Dawn and Brock played a role as they were picked by Mesprit and Uxie).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I know I'm a bit late, but Marshadow Event is now active internationally. Just got my card yesterday! It's an in-store event sadly, straight from Serebii:

United States - At Gamestop until October 23rd 2017
Canada - At EBGames until October 23rd 2017
Mexico - At GamePlanet until October 23rd 2017
Australia - At EBGames from the next few days until October 23rd 2017
United Kingdom - At GAME until November 16th 2017
France - At Micromania until November 16th 2017
Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden - At Gamestop until November 16th 2017
Belgium, The Netherlands - At Intertoys (Code), GameMania, Cora, Smartoys & FNAC (Nintendo Zone) until November 16th 2017
Spain - At GAME (Nintendo Zone) and Amazon (pre-order Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) until November 16th 2017
Portugal - At FNAC (Nintendo Zone) stores until November 16th 2017
Poland - At Swiat Gier stores until November 16th 2017
Chile - At Microplay until October 23rd 2017
Colombia - At Alkosto until October 23rd 2017
Perú - At Next Level until October 23rd 2017
Panamá - At EstiGames until October 23rd 2017
Costa Rica - At Vértigo until October 23rd 2017
Guatemala - At El Duende until October 23rd 2017
Czech Republic - Purchasing Pokemon-related merchandise (including pre-ordering USUM) in on-line store nintendoshop.cz.

Comes in a Cherish Ball. Level 50. Any Nature. Has Wishing Ribbon.
Moves are Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Force Palm, and Shadow Ball.
Though it's not holding an item, the serial code will also give you a Marshadium Z.

Last edited:
You forgot the Czech republic in your list! But whatews, we are just small country :-D Anyway we get our Marshadow by purchasing poke-related merchandise (including pre-ordering USUM) in on-line store nintendoshop.cz. Got my marshmallow ghostie just yesterday for preordering UM.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
You forgot the Czech republic in your list! But whatews, we are just small country :-D Anyway we get our Marshadow by purchasing poke-related merchandise (including pre-ordering USUM) in on-line store nintendoshop.cz. Got my marshmallow ghostie just yesterday for preordering UM.
Blame Serebii, though there are a lot of countries getting the event right now so can't blame them for missing some.

Still, good for you to add your countries method. I would say it's kind of cheap you had to buy something to get the code... though while getting the code I also pre-ordered Ultra Moon so in the way I also bought something while getting my code, lol.

Blame Serebii, though there are a lot of countries getting the event right now so can't blame them for missing some.

Still, good for you to add your countries method. I would say it's kind of cheap you had to buy something to get the code... though while getting the code I also pre-ordered Ultra Moon so in the way I also bought something while getting my code, lol.
It´s ok :-) And yes, it´s kinda cheap, but what can you do. I didn´t mind it that much, since I wanted to buy Ultra Moon anyway. And if I wanted to be real jerk, I could cancel the order now that I have the code. But alas! I want the game :-D

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Can confirm certain GAME Stores know nothing about the Marshadow codes and haven't been informed. No idea if this will be rectified going forwards. My local one was fine for codes, but his wasn't.

Saga Prefecture in Japan is recruiting Team Rocket members on October 25th. If you go to the Saga Prefecture homepage (might have to refresh a few times since the page is congested), you get a page that looks like this:

Clicking the Meowth on the right will turn the page into this:

More details to come on the website on October 25th at 11am.

This memo doesn't reveal too much. They want 10 million members but the population of the entire prefecture is merely 820,000. It mentions a balloon fest and invading some famous spots in Saga such as Karatsu Castle, the prefectural government office, the Märchen Village.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)