F1 2015

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Three month bump but I just heard very recently that F1 driver Jules Bianchi recently passed away, never recovering from his injuries from the Japanese Grand Prix last year...

... I am lost for words... :(

RIP Jules Bianchi. Condolences to the Bianchi family.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Honestly, it's been a tough few days since the news of Jules' passing.

He was certainly a future world champion. There is no doubt in my mind that he was. He was still developing as a driver and he should have never been in the position he was at Suzuka. The entire thing was a mess.

FIA are retiring the #17 in his memory, the number he chose as his 4th pick. Having only been a toddler when Senna was killed, and us waiting 9 months for the news of Jules dying, I'm a bit confused as to how fast that time has gone. FIA have seemingly done nothing about Whiting (a man who I firmly believe is past the point of being able to do his job properly), and nothing about the rules surrounding the accident. Yes, some of the blame must be given to Bianchi himself, as waved double yellows are a signal of "Slow down and be prepared to STOP". But ultimately, the sport was heading into a point of an accident like this was going to happen at some point. Just so sad it happened to a guy who seemed genuine, nice and was fast at the wheel of an F1 car.

RIP Jules. Meet up with Senna and Ratzenberger and all the others who have died in the name of the sport.

Yes a very troubling accident my condolences to his family and close friends. Deaths have become less common in f1 but safety improvements are needed.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm not sure if the tribute to Bianchi put a few people on edge yesterday... But what a race.

Hamilton losing the lead at the start, getting shoved off by Rosberg and then fighting back through was great. It was a mess of a race for him, one where he should have just waltzed off at the front to "lap the field" as Eddie Jordan put it.

As much as I dislike Vettel, he was pretty imperious yesterday. Not a single mistake on a day where lots of others lost their heads and were driving all over the place. Force India need to look at structural changes after a suspension failure and a front wing issue in the race for Hulkenberg called out the safety car. After that, with the race reset and Hamilton somehow being 4th, we thought we would be in for him blasting back through and taking the win, but it wasn't to be as Ricciardo and him tangled over fourth, breaking Hamilton's front wing and earning him a Penalty. Ricciardo continued on almost relentless in his pressure on Rosberg, before shooting up the inside at T1, going wide and Rosberg cutting his rear tyre on the front wing of the Red Bull.

Rosberg limped the rest of the lap, and Ricciardo had to pit for a new nose, leaving Vettel clear out infront being chased down by the impressive Kyvat, who had been racing with Hamilton and Bottas earlier in the race, also gaining a penalty for gaining an advantage by driving around the outside of Hamilton off track at T4. The ten second penalty didn't make a difference to an awesome 2nd place. Ricc managed to clamber back to 3rd, ahead of a quiet drive for Verstappen. Alonso drove a stunning race to 5th for McLaren, dogged in determination and quality as Honda slowly increase the power available to the car. Hamilton managed to come home 6th when the dust settled, and even managed to increase his Championship lead thanks to Rosberg's mishap which landed him 8th. Grosjean was amongst the points again, and JB and Ericsson scored the final two points.

Williams had horrible luck, Maldanado was causing crashes and speeding everywhere (and gained 3 penalties) and poor Raikkonen's horrible luck continued with an engine failure.

Im a huge Vettel fan and I was so glad he won. He had an aggressive start and it worked perfectly. If not for the safety car Vettel would have cruised to victory but he got the job done. As for Raikkonen it sucks that he had an engine failure he cant catch a break. Also McLaren gets double points which is a huge confidence boost for them.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
So Kimi is staying thoughts?
Worst decision Ferrari could have made. I guess he is now a stopgap until someone else becomes available after losing Bianchi. He would have driven there for sure :(

In other news, IndyCar driver Justin Wilson has been left in a coma after being smacked on the head by flying debris in an IndyCar race last night... He was Helicoptered from the track to the local trauma center where is is being evaluated.

Maybe it truly is time to start looking at closed cockpits for these cars.

Kimi is cheap unlike Bottas that would take quite a bit of money to get out of his contract. Yeah that accident was unfortunate the closed cockpit debate will rage on.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Kimi is cheap unlike Bottas that would take quite a bit of money to get out of his contract. Yeah that accident was unfortunate the closed cockpit debate will rage on.
You think Kimi is cheap?! Hahahahaha... No. Kimi is still earning probably the second or third highest amount in F1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)