Feesability of an Explosion based online team?

Hello all, i was trying to think of an "off the wall" online team to play with, and i was thinking why not a team with a bunch of exploders, granted the strategy would be a bit more in depth than send poke, explode, send poke, explode, but rather have something like a claydol lead with dual screens, sr and explosion, or possibly better as an exeggutor with sleep powder to give some time to setup, dual screens, then explode, have the rest of the team as stallers/sweepers then with explosion as a final "oh crap im down to the red" move to take out a mostly full hp poke with them

I'm new to competitive online battling, and ill admit ive yet to take a team online(or even to shoddy battles) but id like to try to steer clear of what i refer to on Guild Wars(my mmo of choice) as "cookie cutter builds", granted this seems it would be a bit of a gimmick but idk...i thought id get some input from here and pojo before i dedicated to putting the team together

This is more of a gimmicky thing, since most teams carry a steel type strong enough to survive a weaker explosion. Absolutely nothing (pretty much) can survive a lickilicky or metagross explosion, though the one problem with this strategy is explosion doesn't affect ghost types, which most teams have. thats why if you run an explosion team you should probably run a dark type with it.

It would be good to have something like a bulky Stunktank in your team to trap and KO Ghosts so you don't have to constantly predict when their Mismagius will come in. Skuntank can also learn Explosion =D
Then, maybe have something like Dugtrio in your team to trap Registeel, the most common Steel UU Pokémon, so that every time you explode with someone it's basically a guaranteed kill

Better hope your opponent doesn't run any pokemon with Protect. After the first two explosions, I'd imagine he/she would've caught on.

If you're talking about feasibility, you're bound to win a few matches this way, but better opponents will be able to counter your strategy.

I once made a team like that, but it was built around destiny bond over Explosion, ultimately though, most opponents catch on and try to send in scarfers to OHKO you before you can explode or whatever.

If you manage to get on leaderboard with this team, then you will receive smogon glory status, so that's definitely something to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)