fifty thousand words in one month

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
who's engaging in the ol nanowrimo this year? what are the plans? how'd you do last time you tried?

I've tried once and succeeded never, if memory serves. I'm planning on trying again this year, but I don't know how well it will go and have no real plans as to what I will write.

Ohmachi

Sun✡Head
who's engaging in the ol nanowrimo this year? what are the plans? how'd you do last time you tried?

I've tried once and succeeded never, if memory serves. I'm planning on trying again this year, but I don't know how well it will go and have no real plans as to what I will write.
You could write my essay for me ;)

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hogg

I tried last year and didn't make it. Trying again this year with a bit more direction, though I'm still pretty much winging it in terms of overall prep.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Successfully completed my first nano, then started playing Pokémon again and had a kid and failed the next three years. (Honestly the Pokémon is probably more distracting than the kid.)

I’ll try again this year, though. I’m going to cheat a bit and try to finish my project from two years ago instead of starting a fully new one. I’ll still count myself as being at zero and aim for 50k new words this month though.

Whats the nanowrino?

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
gonna try but it's probably not happening

i have plans to make it easier on myself but i may have to throw them out the window when the prompt comes out

MAMP

MAMP!
i'd love to do this, but unfortunately all of my uni exams are in november which makes novel-writing kinda challenging. maybe some time in the future when i'm not so busy all the time i'll give this a go

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
discovered today that i'm going to have literally zero free time the first two weekends of the month

prognosis grim for nanowrimo

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was actually considering doing it this year, and just winging an idea completely from scratch. I tried it in 2015 unsuccessfully and wasn't able to do it last year. Got so much going on that it totally slipped my mind though; I didn't even realize it is now November. So it's looking pretty unlikely that I'll be able to do it. Super busy.

I'll be honest though, I'm not sure why it was ever decided to take place in November. Seems like one of the busiest times of the year, especially for students. Only worse month would be December. Something like February of July would make a lot more sense, unless the point was to put it in the hardest place possible (as if the challenge itself wasn't already hard enough?).

I'd really like to complete it at some point in my life but I really hate having to wait a whole year each time, having no idea what circumstances are going to be then.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
i gave up before november even began, which is a new record for me

I pre-wrote about 3,000 words to get ready (was going to use those to build off) and after proof reading and editing I realized I have a job and a life that I'd rather live.

I will attempt though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)