Final Grades/GPA thread/School/University Discussion

School is going to end at the end of this week, and I just recieved my grades.

A
A-
A+
B+
B
B-

I have a 3.5 and I probably should have 4 As but my teachers didn't put one the assignments in before the final grades due date.

So Smogon, what are your grades and where do you go/want to go to college/school?

High school, somewhere in northern Illinois...

Unweighted Semester 2 grades, with Final Exams factored in...
----
Spanish - A+
Honors Bio - A-
Honors Change and Revolution - A+
P.E. - A
Honors English - A-
Honors Adv. Algebra w/Trig - B

Not bad, huh?

AP Statistics A
Honors Span- B- FML
AP Physics- A+
Symphony Orchestra A+ haha
AP US History A
AP Calculus BC A+
Honors Eng A

Screw spanish....I'm awful at it and it is a ridiculously hard class thanks to the teacher...

Anyway, my target is Yale Early Action. I've got double legacy there, a close to perfect unweighted GPA, a 2300 SAT, and a wide range of extracurriculars, from being awesome at violin and tennis, being class president, being an editor of the newspaper, math team, physics team, and a bit more.

Hopefully it makes up for being a ORM asian. I really hope I get into yale early, that way I can really enjoy my senior year. Especially because next year I have 4 APs, 2 study halls, and orchestra, so once AP tests are over....I'm completely, utterly done.

Sadly, I think I only have a shot for Yale. Being asian means my chances for other top colleges is severely diminished without that double legacy boost, and there are way to many other qualified applicants to take on.

I've been crossing my fingers for a while...

Sometimes, I wish I had been born with my intelligence intact as a black woman.

I'm dual-majoring (business & poly sci) and I have a 3.87 right now.

sigh, i suck so much at high school.

ap american lit- c+
ap us history- b+
chemistry (they don't offer it jr year) - a
anatomy&physiology- a-
sports medicine- b-
health- b-

well ignore the b- my health teacher hates my ass. she's the conservative club adviser and i called her out on the relationships section for not talking about same sex couples at all and called it fucking "inappropriate." whatever.

anyway my gpa is about 2.9 which is god awful but i am doing bcc courses next year which should help bump it up alot, and i'll be transferring to either UW or purdue or UC boulder for my freshman year pof college. i'm expecting 2100+ on sats and 30+ on my acts.

I'm only an eighth-grader, but here are my year grades:

Algebra II- A+ (over 100)
Band- A
Enrichment- A+ (around 103, had a 116 at one point)
Spanish I- A (I got a better grade on the final than the two native Spanish speakers)
West Virginia History- A+
Science- A
Unified Arts (Art/Health/Home Ec/Shop/Careers/Creative Writing)- A in everything

My classes are too easy. I never study for anything, though I'll probably have to in the future. Next year I'm taking:

Trigonometry (I'll feel so left out)
Jazz Band
English 9 Honors
Physical Science 9 Honors
Band I (two band classes, lol)
World History 9 Honors
Spanish II

Interesting.
I passed level one with excellence, about 80-90 excellence credits I think. Currently have around 20 excellence at level two, and doing both scholarship Classical Studies and Statistics in Sixth form.

Yeah, New Zealand for the win.

I'm at the Air Force Academy and let me tell yah, college is a whole different ball game. I got a 4.0 in high school and after my freshman year here at the academy I have a 3.3. The best advice I can give anyone who plans on going to college is to avoid the mindset of "I know everything." The best thing you can do is develop effective study habits--that is what will allow you to succeed wherever you go.

I finished with A's and B's, except Physics. I never did any labs so I got a C.

Heading to UMass Amherst for Psychology as my Major.

Interesting.
I passed level one with excellence, about 80-90 excellence credits I think. Currently have around 20 excellence at level two, and doing both scholarship Classical Studies and Statistics in Sixth form.

Yeah, New Zealand for the win.
LOL NCEA. I best you everyone here is like 'WTF?'. There's tonnes of smart people here. To be honest, I've never been one to study enough to get all those top grades. It was all cruising along with me. To be fair though, unless you're going for scholarships in NZ, as long as you pass everything you can get to any university within the country.

I did finish year 13 (that's senior year for all you) with top 3 in my year in credits though. We do have a complete BS system in NZ, where you get the same amount of credits whether you just pass or get 100% in each assessment. As a result people really aren't competitive, or even ambitious. Most people just want to pass maybe 60% of their assessments and get university entrance. Pretty shit if you ask me.

Scored a 33 on my ACT earlier this year.

Just completed my junior year in highschool, got:

Weight Training: A
Jazz Band: A
Chamber Orchestra: A
PreCalc H: A
Comp/Lang AP: B
Psychology AP: A
Physics H: A
US History H: A

These are just the semester grades, some of my final grades are probably Bs though.

Overall my unweighted GPA is probably like 3.75 or something but my weighted GPA is around 4.3something now.

All you people talking about high school make me feel old.

I'm at the Air Force Academy and let me tell yah, college is a whole different ball game. I got a 4.0 in high school and after my freshman year here at the academy I have a 3.3. The best advice I can give anyone who plans on going to college is to avoid the mindset of "I know everything." The best thing you can do is develop effective study habits--that is what will allow you to succeed wherever you go.
QFT, pretty much. I attend Macalester, a small school in St. Paul, and it is a massive change from things in high school. This last semester was a nasty shock as I got my ass kicked in history for the first time ever. College is completely different, and while it is definitely a lot more fun than high school, it's quite a bit more difficult

Wow, the American school system sounds nuts. I'm attending the University of South Australia studying law. It was pretty easy for me to get in and I didn't have AMAZING scores just decent ones. They didn't ask me about "extracurricular" crap either.

The American school system is nearly as scary as the American health system.

English: B
Biology: D
Digital Design: A
History: A
Lib Arts: C
Algebra: C
Reading:A

Terrible grades I know :( For some reason this year I had a lot of trouble focusing.

LOL NCEA. I best you everyone here is like 'WTF?'. There's tonnes of smart people here. To be honest, I've never been one to study enough to get all those top grades. It was all cruising along with me. To be fair though, unless you're going for scholarships in NZ, as long as you pass everything you can get to any university within the country.

I did finish year 13 (that's senior year for all you) with top 3 in my year in credits though. We do have a complete BS system in NZ, where you get the same amount of credits whether you just pass or get 100% in each assessment. As a result people really aren't competitive, or even ambitious. Most people just want to pass maybe 60% of their assessments and get university entrance. Pretty shit if you ask me.

I know, it's quite possibly the worst education system in the world. Least they have changed it so instead of just passing with 'achievement' however well you did, you can now pass with merit and excellence. That's something I suppose?

My study habits are pretty pathetic, and they finally chose freshman year to come and bite me in the ass. I'm a high school freshman, a year younger for my age, and I barely studied before this year.

Final Grades (Spring)
Precalculus Honors: B+
World Civilizations: A
Spanish 2: A
Latin 2: A-
Freshman English: A
Biology: A-

3.8 GPA

just graduated high school :naughty: 15th out of 490 people

Attending George Washington University next year ;)

finished first year engineering at Queen's university (for all you canadian people)

First semester:
Physics 87% (4th percentile)
Calculus 93% (5th percentile)
Chemistry 90% (10th percentile)
Graphic Design 81% (28th percentile)
Personal Computers 89% (7th percentile)
Geology 81% (21st percentile)

Second Semester
Calculus 100% (obv 1st percentile)
Physics 91% (3rd percentile)
Chemistry 89% (9th percentile)
Linear Algebra 90% (28th percentile :( )
Computer Programming 100% (1st percentile)

So im going into engineering physics and am looking forward to my very nerdy future of all physics and calculus courses. anyone here going into a similiar program??

OK, I got my half-yearly report all shined up, let's have a look

English: D
Maths: C
Science: C
Geography: C
History: C
German: C
Agriculture: B
P.E: C

Yeah, it's pretty bog standard.

Algebra: A
Spanish: A
Earth Systems: A
Exploring Science: A
English: A
Ancient World History: A

I really, really hate my school. Utah sucks.

Ended with a 3.99 unweighted GPA or something (4.47 weighted). I'm headed to Vanderbilt in the fall.
I hated Tennessee. Why would anybody go there?

HS:

Alg. II Hon: 87
American History Hon: 98
Chem: 93
Spanish IV: 105
Global Studies: 97
English II: 94

College:

Comms 1: 95 so far
Community Involvement: 100 so far (i need my hours!)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I might as well post for a post count...

Calculus: C
Civis: A
Physics: C
Animation: A
TA: A+ (who doesn't? lol)
English 12: A+

Calculus was terrible; I could barely understand it compared to plain Algebra. Past Trigonometry was horrid too.

And, my Physics teacher was epic fail; he barely knows how to teach (doesn't go through formulas deeply enough and how and when to use them) and he's lazy to grade papers. The labs; we did them every week and he didn't even care about them later. We did this huge project in which we were to make a projectile launcher, and I did with an extremely nice slingshot... he didn't care and didn't grade it. Thus, I get an undeserved C for overkilling his class... so lame.

I think that goes around 3.0-3.1 for GPA. I'm always average no matter what.

EDIT: I don't ask questions. I want to learn myself; I don't want to be a bother to others.

U.S. History - A
Honors Chem - A
AlgII/Trig - A
Eng III - A
2D Drawing - A
Ethics - A
Spanish III - B+ (fuck you Senor Leyba netclassroom said I had a 90.56% after the final)

I'm taking AP Chem and AP Psychology next year - my weighted GPA will be like 4.3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)