First Time User Needs Help

I downloaded shoddy last night and I am confused on some stuff.

1.At the start menu, what do I do? And how do I get to a UU match?
2.I started building my team, but my Aggron and Mismagius can't learn Head Smash and Nasty Plot?! Aggron can learn Head Smash as a egg move in HGSS, right?
3. After I connect to a server, do I pick my saved team there?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. To get a UU Battle, click the 'Ladder' tab and select 'UU' from the dropdown menu, then click 'Find Match'.

2. When you build your team make sure you select 'Smogon University' and not just 'Standard Metagame', this ensures you get the HGSS moves.

3. When you're building a team you can select from 'Tools' up the top the option to 'Use this Team' which will make that team your default. Either that or you can click 'Load Team' at the 'Ladder' tab and load your default team there.

What do I select from the list? Whenever I try to go to Smogon University and it says "And error occured when attempting to connect to the server. Connection Refused: Connect."And when I click New Team, it doesn't give me a option for Smogon University. Also, will I have to go to new team, or can I do it from Edit Team?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't try to connect to the Smogon server right now, it has been taken down temporarily due to resources being used up handling the traffic from visitors looking for B/W information.

This announcement explains it well enough:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/announcement.php?f=85&a=147

Also you can't do that from Edit Team.

Here's what you do:
1. Open Shoddy Battle
2. Click on the Team Builder tab
3. Click New Team
4. A box pops up with three options
5. Select Smogon University and then click OK

I just tried this and the option was absolutely there.

Ah thanks, I got it now. I think the reason I couldn't build a team with Smogon University was because I hadn't gone to the server. When I tried registering for another server, it showed the server name in the create team area. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)