Game of Thrones [thronies rejoice! XD]

haha when he hit the ground i guess you could call it......KINGS LANDING LOL!!!!!!!
my friend goes "why do they call it king's landing" right as tommen was taking his crown off and I was like uh.... NOOOOOOOOOOO yep, there he goes

that explosion was magnificent to behold though. oh and the piano was absolutely incredible obviously.

RIP margaery... also loras got fucked over so hard, poor guy

speaking of poor guys, davos...

arya you fucking rule so hard. I screamed!

sansa telling baelish to fuck off was a gorgeous sight in more ways than one........

how am I going to survive until next season ;_________;

joke stolen from youtube comment: "I liked the part where Daenerys gave Tyrion the hand job."

lastly http://i.imgur.com/UE0cMkl.gifv

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
does anyone know why cersei had qyburn kill pycelle? pycelle was always really loyal to cersei i remember him selling tyrion out with that fake information in like season 2. was it just because qyburn hated pycelle?

does anyone know why cersei had qyburn kill pycelle? pycelle was always really loyal to cersei i remember him selling tyrion out with that fake information in like season 2. was it just because qyburn hated pycelle?
Pycelle was loyal to Tywin, not cersei. So once Tywin was dead and he saw how cersei was running the kingdom, his allegiance faded

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
Stannis has some of the funniest lines of any characters. He just has a very dry, sardonic delivery. He's the John Cleese of Westeros, very british.

would also like to point out that qyburn was kicked out of the maesters and pycelle was the head of the maesters so that could have something to do with it as well. Just finding out interesting stuff in the off season lol

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Iron Throne Odds

Dany: 1/2
Cersei: 2/1
Euron: 4/1
No Throne: 5/1
Jaime: 8/1
Tyrion: 9/1
Nights King: 10/1
Littlefinger: 10/1
Sansa: 10/1
Jon Snow: 10/1
Gendry: 15/1
Varys: 17/1
Qybern: 20/1
Bronn: 20/1
Sandor Clegane: 25/1
Olenna Tyrell: 25/1
Yara Greyjoy: 25/1
HODOR: 1000/1

Betting odds I made for who will control at the end of the upcoming season. Who do you guys got/do you think these are relatively accurate?

My personal choice is no throne.

Last edited:
Daenerys is the obvious choice and, while Game of Thrones doesn't have a reputation for being predictable, is an almost certainty.

Having said that, would be very pleasantly surprised if my fave Littlefinger is on the throne instead. Jaime n Tyrion are next likely but I actually predict Tyrion to die this season.

Also, top 5 people I think are most likely to die:

1. Sansa
2. Cersei
3. Euron
4. Theon
5. Tyrion

Though Bronn and Brienne are also p likely

Last edited:

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some people believe that Tyrion is also a Targaryen, and while I personally don't like that theory (Tyrion is the most like Tywin, even though Tywin hates it) it would allow for a gender reversal of Aegon the Conqueror with Daeny, Jon, and Tyrion being the three heads of the dragon.

I personally always wanted Rickon on the Iron Throne on the end because a Shaggy Dog story is "a long, rambling story or joke, typically one that is amusing only because it is absurdly inconsequential or pointless." and I always thought it would be a great misdirection for GRRM, but obviously that's not gonna happen.

One of Jon, Dany, and Tyrion are going to die and one will end up on the throne. Tyrion is the most likely to die and Jon is most likely to win the game imo.

i also like the idea of no throne/stall situation or whatever but id see this more fitting for the last season... for this one i think cersei will manage to keep it due to dany not being able to conquer everything in 2 weeks like she wants and probably cersei outsmarting her somewhere along the conquest in some way. definitely not seeign jon sitting on the throne

also sansa kills littlefinger 100%

I'm rooting for Cersei but if she dies I want the white walkers to win. It'd make a great statement about political bickerings and the planet's trauma that results from it.

Iron Throne Odds

Dany: 1/2
Cersei: 2/1
Euron: 4/1
No Throne: 5/1
Jaime: 8/1
Tyrion: 9/1
Nights King: 10/1
Littlefinger: 10/1
Sansa: 10/1
Jon Snow: 10/1
Gendry: 15/1
Varys: 17/1
Qybern: 20/1
Bronn: 20/1
Sandor Clegane: 25/1
Olenna Tyrell: 25/1
Yara Greyjoy: 25/1
HODOR: 1000/1

Betting odds I made for who will control at the end of the upcoming season. Who do you guys got/do you think these are relatively accurate?

Jamie seems like the best plot based guy to be on the throne when the Snow-Targarian match-up or tag team ends the series the way that things are set up. The man who murdered the last Targaryen verses the new Targaryen. I feel like the events of the show led up to this, because you kind of need all the Barathans and Circi to die to get him on the Throne... and while it is definitely not a sure thing I think it would make sense.

Asek

Banned deucer.
maybe its because its been a while since i watched any got (havent touched it since the end of last season) but i dont really want dany to succeed. kind of hopinh cersei and danarys end up blowing each other up then someone swoops in oppurtunistically to take the throne.... most fitting character would likely be littlefinger which would be an interesting kings landing if he got there.

think jaime dies sometime this season. arya has too much plot armour but surely her story gets interesting this season after 2 seasons of relatively dull stuff.... speaking of which keen to see what happens to the freys.

edit: i heard ed sheeran is in the first ep. his character better die

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

I think "No throne" is inevitable at the end of the show, but I think it will survive this season. The whole message of the series seems to be that whoever sits the throne does so uneasily, as there will always be people schemeing to usurp it. The cameras could close at a character sitting on the throne, but one year later the realm could erupt in another war and the character be dead and without heirs. Such is the game of thrones, not "you win or you die": you die trying to take the throne, or die trying to hold it. And it never ends, no matter who has the throne at any given moment.

Take Robert Baratheon, for instance. He led a rebellion against the mad king; slew the dragon prince in single combat; married the most beautiful woman in the land, whose father coincidentally was also its richest man; won a vault full of gold left over from the previous dynasty; and inherited a kingdom at peace. That's a conventional Happy Ending if I ever saw one, probably the best ending anybody could ever wish for. But although happy, it was not the ending: Ten years later, he had grown fat, the realm was bankrupt, he loathed his wife (who in turn plotted to kill him) and the whole kingdom descended into chaos and war. Something similar could happen to whoever "wins" at the end of the TV series. The Game never ends.

So I think that for the series to have closure in the end, the wheel must break, the Iron Throne be destroyed, and possibly King's Landing along with it. The Targaryens invaded not one kingdom, but seven, and only held them together with the threat of dragons. But now both the Targaryens and their dragons are nearly extinct, regionalism is rampant all over Westeros, and the influence of the Iron Throne has dwindled to almost nothing. The age of Westeros united under one throne is over, the best one could hope for is a sort of union of seven thrones. With each throne not representing that much power, the game of thrones would also be weakened sevenfold. With its prize being one seventh of what it used to be, and the cleverest players split across seven different Games, each dynasty should have an easier time holding their thrones in the long run.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I've always wanted to get into the show. I've dipped in and out, I've read the books.

Is it worth starting from S1EP1???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)