Gamefan5's Museum of Art.

Hello there, new member here.
My name is (name and family name witheld) but please, call me gamefan5. (Or gf5 for short).

Now what am I doing here, um, well...
I used to lurk a lot in here because I am interested in the competitive scene. These days I don't play much, but I still follow the smogon scene since the strategy aspect of the pokemon games interests me.

Oooh, and I am also an artist. :) I love drawing video game related stuff. Especially Pokemon!
So... I created this thread in order to share my creations and also to receive feedback. Yaaaaaay.
I am self-taught. Never took a class. I do read tutorials and books and trying to observe a lot of my surroundings (learning how light interacts is important so... Yeah) ^^

I'll try to regularly upload stuff as I also upload stuff from my deviantArt as well.
Some of these spans from early times to latest. So I hope I have been improving. :)

Non-pokemon artwork:

Oooh and pardon me for the backgrounds hahaha, not really my forte but at least I am trying XD.
DA link: http://gamefan5.deviantart.com/

Last edited:
Hey, these look amazing! On Smogon, instead of spoiler, there's (hide). So just replace the spoiler with hide if you want to keep then collapsed.

I'd also like to see your devianart, if you're OK with linking it please do :)

Hello GF5 .o/

Some very cool artwork you've got there! I love your backgrounds, especially on the Weavile and Pikachu pieces.
Your Meta Knight is also very well done, everything is so crisp and neat ^-^

Hello GF5 .o/

Some very cool artwork you've got there! I love your backgrounds, especially on the Weavile and Pikachu pieces.
Your Meta Knight is also very well done, everything is so crisp and neat ^-^
Thank you for the kind words! :)
I just do what I do because I love it! :3

I'm amazed at how your pieces practically have NO lineart, yet you've done the painting and shading to such a degree that it's crisp and refreshing to the eye. Keep it up man!

I'm amazed at how your pieces practically have NO lineart, yet you've done the painting and shading to such a degree that it's crisp and refreshing to the eye. Keep it up man!
Hahahaha thank you!!!
There's a trick to it. A bit tedious, but worthwhile in the end. XD

The pieces in this thread is great! Love the 3D-ish colouring.

This thread is so underrated.
Excuse me for the late reply but THANK YOU!!!!! :D

And here is my recent drawing of Joltik for all to see. :)

Made it for someone's birthday, but I made a non-birthday version for you folks too.

Enjoy!
Gamefan5.deviantart.com is where all of my drawings are currently residing. :)

Made in Clover Paint using a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)