Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As a matter of fact the fix is implemented and has been positively tested by several users BUT there seems to be discrepancies in when the hidden power reads IVs from the teambuilder relating to at which point you set the generation of your team. This is something that can hopefully be fixed in future updates, but if you set the parameters for your team prior to inputting moves it should work fine. Manually adjusting IVs should similarly work.

Alternatively I could have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edit: also possible that the most recent update addressed it entirely

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just to double-check: the display for Double-Edge says 33% recoil. Is it implemented as such for GSC and RBY? Because it should only be 25%.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Oh I forgot to post here that it was fixed/will be fixed soon, thanks xJoelituh!
Marty if I'm reading that correctly does that say that D-E has a BP of 100? It should have a BP of 100 only in Gen 1, 120 in other generation as per bulbapedia
I think you're looking at the Gen 1 file? Gen 2 inherits from Gen 3 (which inherits from Gen 5, which inherits from Gen 6), where Double-Edge has 120 power. All I did was move the description and the 25% recoil from Gen 1 to Gen 2, so both would have them. What Gen 1 is doing now is inheriting everything about Double-Edge from Gen 2, but overriding the power with 100.

[19:26] <@BKC> what bugs are there still
[19:27] <&Isa> for some reason its difficult to set misdreavus to female
[19:27] <&Isa> cloyster succeeded
[19:27] <&Isa> but misdreavus didnt
[19:27] <&Isa> which is the most important one
[19:27] <&Isa> since it runs attract
[19:27] <&Isa> on some sets

is there any way this could be looked into / fixed? as far as I'm aware, this is the only real bug left. thanks!

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There's also still some moveset bugs. For example, it takes some work for PS to let you use legal Blissey sets (e.g., Heal Bell/Light Screen/Toxic/Softboiled is only accepted when Heal Bell is listed as the last move, otherwise it thinks it's illegal).

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
[19:26] <@BKC> what bugs are there still
[19:27] <&Isa> for some reason its difficult to set misdreavus to female
[19:27] <&Isa> cloyster succeeded
[19:27] <&Isa> but misdreavus didnt
[19:27] <&Isa> which is the most important one
[19:27] <&Isa> since it runs attract
[19:27] <&Isa> on some sets

is there any way this could be looked into / fixed? as far as I'm aware, this is the only real bug left. thanks!
Wow, I just took a look at why this might happen and found the Attack DV check for females was completely wrong. Fixed next update!

Due to the freeze mechanics in GSC, I'm pretty sure freeze clause ON is the better idea. While not infinite like gen 1, really feels like it when 'mons are consistently frozen for over 30 turns.

Roostur

Banned deucer.
Due to the freeze mechanics in GSC, I'm pretty sure freeze clause ON is the better idea. While not infinite like gen 1, really feels like it when 'mons are consistently frozen for over 30 turns.
Yeah. Having two mons frozen is not fun. And its happened to me more than once. It's pretty retarded. Though ironically in every game where i've had two frozen mons, i've actually won. It's still kinda bullshit though. We have sleep clause, and u can switch in a sleep talking poke to absorb sleep to get around it. But theres no way around freeze and it seems to always last forever, but there's no clause for that. Not having that rule does seem to be a bit inconsistent.

What's the arguement for not having freeze clause btw? Doesn't everyone agree we should have it? Pokemon showdown would be clost to perfect then

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I rewrote the gen 2 move validator.

The new validator is in Smogtours. It fixes many of the issues tested here, but I haven't tested too thoroughly. If you guys want to test it on Smogtours some more before I push it to Main, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
Conveniently, there are only 24 Pokemon in OU so I made 4 teams out of the suggested Smogon sets. The only issue was this Misdreavus:
Code:
Misdreavus @ Leftovers
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Thunder
It says it has moves incompatible with its Ability, so I put Ability: Levitate in the export and then it passed. Weird.

Still, we're down to 1 validator complaint from 6 with these same teams on main, so +1 Zarel!

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
At least one permutation of Nidoking with EQ/Ice Beam/Lovely Kiss/Counter is rejected, but it's legal as LK can be traded back to RBY.

I see a similar issue with Lovely Kiss + Swords Dance Victreebel.

And Clefable with Petal Dance + Body Slam.

Double-check the validation on event moves that can be traded to RBY and TMs that can only be learned in RBY.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
At least one permutation of Nidoking with EQ/Ice Beam/Lovely Kiss/Counter is rejected, but it's legal as LK can be traded back to RBY.
Can you tell me how it gets both Lovely Kiss and Counter? Lovely Kiss is an event move and Counter is an egg move. How do you get both on the same pokemon?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Conveniently, there are only 24 Pokemon in OU so I made 4 teams out of the suggested Smogon sets. The only issue was this Misdreavus:
Code:
Misdreavus @ Leftovers
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Thunder
It says it has moves incompatible with its Ability, so I put Ability: Levitate in the export and then it passed. Weird.

Still, we're down to 1 validator complaint from 6 with these same teams on main, so +1 Zarel!
Fixed.

I see a similar issue with Lovely Kiss + Swords Dance Victreebel.

And Clefable with Petal Dance + Body Slam.

Double-check the validation on event moves that can be traded to RBY and TMs that can only be learned in RBY.
Fixed.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
Crit mechanics seem slightly off. Reflect, Burn, & stat stages are ignored if the attacking stat stage is less than OR equal to the opponent's defense stat stage. Otherwise, nothing is ignored. Relevant post reporting tests of the mechanic.

In this game, turn 1, Snorlax crits a Frustration and has the power halved by Reflect, even though its Attack stage and Raikou's Defense stage are both 0 (ergo equal, ergo Reflect should be ignored).

Lavos

Banned deucer.
tentacruel with rapid spin isn't going through on the teambuilder

also not sure if this is gen 2 specific, but i just won a match on ladder and received -12 points, why?

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm ~99% sure that Metal Powder only boosts Ditto's Defense in GSC and ADV. Based on the PS calc, I think it is doing this correctly in ADV right now, but the GSC calc shows it boosting both defenses (like it does from DPP onward). I asked Mr.E for help verifying current PS mechs.

Games against a Zapdos, testing each case:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-122170
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-122174
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-122175
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-122176

Very important, I know... lol

Marty can you confirm my recollection? Does this "need" fixing? need in like the least necessary sense ever

Apparently Marty already DID do testing on this and it's not what I thought. He says it's 1.5x boost to both defenses in GSC and ADV and 2x boost to just Def DPP onward. I would assume since he says so that it is right.

But it doesn't do that on PS calc. On PS calc it is raising both defenses only by 1.5x for all gens... except ADV, where it boosts Def +1 but doesn't boost SpD at all

160+ Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. +1 0 HP / 0 Def Ditto: 242-286 (102.1 - 120.6%)
160+ Atk Life Orb Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metal Powder Ditto: 242-286 (102.1 - 120.6%)

252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Ditto: 220-261 (92.8 - 110.1%)
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Metal Powder Ditto: 220-261 (92.8 - 110.1%)

Aerodactyl Hidden Power Rock vs. +1 Ditto: 81-96 (27 - 32.1%)
Aerodactyl Hidden Power Rock vs. Metal Powder Ditto: 81-96 (27 - 32.1%)

Aerodactyl Fire Blast vs. Metal Powder Ditto: 65-77 (21.7 - 25.7%)
Aerodactyl Fire Blast vs. +1 Ditto: 65-77 (21.7 - 25.7%)
same for DPP and BW, boosting both defs by 1 stage

Marty, plz fix on PS! to meet your own observations.

Last edited:
will do a buttload of tests tomorrow

EDIT: Tested for like 30 minutes and didn't find anything weird with the Gen 2 validator on smogtours.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
Apparently Marty already DID do testing on this and it's not what I thought. He says it's 1.5x boost to both defenses in GSC and ADV and 2x boost to just Def DPP onward. I would assume since he says so that it is right.

But it doesn't do that on PS calc. On PS calc it is raising both defenses only by 1.5x for all gens... except ADV, where it boosts Def +1 but doesn't boost SpD at all
I definitely never said it boosts both defenses in Gen 3; who said I did?

Metal Powder on Ditto:
Gen 2 - Defense and Special Defense 1.5x, even after Transforming
Gen 3 to 6 - Defense 2x, lost after Transforming

If the damage calc is wrong, that has nothing to do with how it's implemented on PS. PS is right for all gens (except maybe the Gen 2 after Transforming part; I'll check that later). I'll fix the damage calc for all gens as soon as possible, but again, the PS damage calc implementation is completely separate from the battle engine on the server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)