[Gen 7] CAP Analysis Discussion Thread

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This thread is for discussing CAP analyses that have already been put onsite. Given that the metagame shifts from time to time, it's inevitable that some of our uploaded CAP analyses are/will be outdated in one way or another. Here, we can discuss possible revisions and consolidate our opinions in a cohesive manner. Posts may address any of the following:
  • Changing the slashing on [set] of [Pokemon]
  • Removing mentions of ___ from an existing analysis
  • Adding a new set to an existing analysis
  • Revamping an analysis entirely to better fit the current metagame. If you believe this to be the case, the QC team will discuss it and determine if it's in need of a full revamp, or if it can be handled by CMS edits.
Basically, as long as what you're going to say entails something about an uploaded CAP analysis, you should probably post here.

This is not the thread for reserving an analysis! Post in this thread instead. Also, any suggestions for an analysis that is still being written up should be posted in its respective thread.

Relevant Links

List of Pokemon with uploaded 7th Gen CAP Analyses
CAP

Non-CAP

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm well aware that there are no Gen 7 analyses onsite yet, but I wanted to get this thread up anyways so we're ready as soon as it happens. For now, I guess this thread can also serve as a place to answer any questions you may have about CAP analyses this gen.

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
More of just a technical question, but OU analyses required the use of astericks (*) instead of usual bullet points since asterisks would immediately be seen as Bullet Point format once entered into Smogon's Dex. IIRC, the format would look like this:

* Syclant is an offensive Pokemon

Instead of this:

• Syclant is an offensive Pokemon
Do you want analyses for CAP to do this as well, or no?

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
More of just a technical question, but OU analyses required the use of astericks (*) instead of usual bullet points since asterisks would immediately be seen as Bullet Point format once entered into Smogon's Dex. IIRC, the format would look like this:

* Syclant is an offensive Pokemon

Instead of this:

• Syclant is an offensive Pokemon
Do you want analyses for CAP to do this as well, or no?
I believe that formatting was for the quick bulleted analyses, which we will not do. We're going to do strictly paragraph analyses. That said, analyses should be in bullet point form unless you have 2 QC checks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)