Gen1 battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,
Sorry if this is a stupid question or shouldn't be posted here, I'm new to all this stuff so forgive me!

I downloaded some pokemon online to do some gen1 battling since this is basically the only generation I am familiar with.
I noticed you can pick ''versions'' at the top, and ''stadium'' is gen1.
However, I can still pick natures and set EVs to my pokemon.
Also moves like megadrain aren't on the movelist.

So could anyone be kind enough to tell me how I can battle with a gen1 set? Or is it impossible to battle with the R/B/Y ''engine'' and is the only gen1 ruleset you can choose one with just using the first 150 pokemon but with EVS, natures etc.

Thanks!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In stadium or GSC mode, the EV boxes should be filled up to 255 and ivs to 15. As far as I know, it shouldn't even show Natures. Are you sure you're using Pokemon Online or are you using Netbattle Supremacy?

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you are using pokemon online. just delete reinstall the new version. or you can try just pressing the stadium thing again. thats what i normally do

Aah it works now!
Reinstalled and had to click the stadium thing again.
Thanks for the help!
People here are very helpful, appreciate it!

EDIT: Is there a server for gen1 battling btw?
I think I found one in a thread called something like zapdos.org or w/e, but I can't seem to find the thread anymore!
EDIT2: Found it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)