Programming Gen1to3 All-in-one Editor and Converter

Hi thanks for feedback, I will get on to fixing it, been very busy with day job and other things but not abandoned it. Compiling the source against different OS's is a pain, hard to test all builds.
I haven't kept earlier versions, if anyone has an earlier version I'll add link.
Yeh, you shouldn't have to use the legacy version when this is fixed.

Does this newly compiled version work for you? It should fix the Java runtime issue and the Pokedex flags bug:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8y6knnwyks31an/Pokemon_Editor_64-bit.exe

Last edited:
Hey, I tried to use your editor but the newer version won't open. The legacy version works but it's not too good. How can I use the newer version?

When I try to open my emerald sav file, it says "save block identifiers are corrupt. I'm playing an emulated version through homebrew on a wii, with the sav file on an sd. It works fine for pokemon crystal, but I cant seem to get it to work for emerald. the file size is the full 128kb.

When I try to open my emerald sav file, it says "save block identifiers are corrupt. I'm playing an emulated version through homebrew on a wii, with the sav file on an sd. It works fine for pokemon crystal, but I cant seem to get it to work for emerald. the file size is the full 128kb.
Please could you upload the sav. It's possible your emulator is storing it in some special way the program cannot handle.
Java 6 or above is required, so yes that would be it.

This editor is outdated - there is a newer 4.2 version on pokemonproject!

And 32 bit version also doesn't work, please check what's wrong.

I've not abandoned this, just a pain to get it building on 32-bit, 64-bit and Mac with real-world commitments.
It seems like some sort of Windows security setting blocking it in latest Windows as works fine on my machine.

I have windows 7 and disabled my security settings and it still won't open for some reason.

Thank you for not abandoning this project. It is difficult to find time between work and other things.

Since I have both 64 and 32 bit Java, this version needs to be ran from command prompt:
path_to_32b_java/java.exe -d32 -jre "path_to_Editor/Pokemon Editor 32-bit.exe"

At least it works :pimp: Please check out how to run 32b Java executables when users have both 32/64b Java on their systems. Again, probably your program needs to "know" which Java version to choose.

Hey There, Great editor! I am using the windows 64-bit v4.2 (no minor revision, build number or build date available) and noticed a bug in which Max Elixir is showing up as Max Ether under Items->Bag for a Pokemon Crystal sav file. Have you fixed this bug? If not, I'd be happy to look into it and share my results if you make the source code available. Thanks!

FINALLY I found a SAV editor for fire red! Thank you metropolisJ for creating this. One question regarding the event items and deoxsys on Fire red/ leafgreen, are there any event options in this program? or if I just put the tickets in my key item bag with your editor, will it work?

FINALLY I found a SAV editor for fire red! Thank you metropolisJ for creating this. One question regarding the event items and deoxsys on Fire red/ leafgreen, are there any event options in this program? or if I just put the tickets in my key item bag with your editor, will it work?
Thanks jacksonm111, bug will be fixed in next update.

There are no event options in the editor, so putting tickets in your bag will not work.

Hi evryone! i was looking for something like this since forever jaja but i have a big BIG problem tho.

When using the editor on Pokemon Blue for the VC for 3ds the stored pokemons in the pc are DELETED! yes DELETED!

i am having some sort of common issue or doing something wrong? using the 64bit version tho.

Thanks in advance, regards!

Hi evryone! i was looking for something like this since forever jaja but i have a big BIG problem tho.

When using the editor on Pokemon Blue for the VC for 3ds the stored pokemons in the pc are DELETED! yes DELETED!

i am having some sort of common issue or doing something wrong? using the 64bit version tho.

Thanks in advance, regards!
Switch boxes twice in-game then try the editor again. This is because the game caches the active box separately to the saved boxes.

Switch boxes twice in-game then try the editor again. This is because the game caches the active box separately to the saved boxes.
So i have pokemons in box 1 and 2. should iu change to 3 and 4. then use the editor?

or what would be the correct switch sequence?

EDIT: i did it as you said everything worked perfectly thanks m8!
thanks!

Last edited:
Okay, so are you planning to put any event stuff in your program on your future updates or no?
Possibly the Mirage Island flag, because it's a simple variable, otherwise no. That's quite a detailed and different thing than Pokemon/Items, not just a flag.

Hey, I'm getting a bunch of random level missingnos when I open a pkmn box, mostly lvl255 or lv100... Bloo version. Also I lost all in boxes in Yello...

Could you attach save file please?
Here, now boxes are empty (I tried switching to box 2 and back to box 1), pic also attached, 3 pkm should be in box 1... However my first error happened, and I'm not sure, if I actually had any pkm in a box, maybe it was one, but I'm really not sure.

Attachments

Could you attach save file please?
Here, now boxes are empty (I tried switching to box 2 and back to box 1), pic also attached, 3 pkm should be in box 1... However my first error happened, and I'm not sure, if I actually had any pkm in a box, maybe it was one, but I'm really not sure.
Me again, I'm having problems if I change Trainer ID Number - I can't enter Cinnabar, the game will crash. I played normally, no cheats or skipping content. This happens only with that save.

I have another save that has 3 boxes, but editor sees only 2! I am attaching save and images from the game.

Attachments

Last edited:
Trainer ID editing is entirely untested - can't see any reason why it would cause any issues though.

It's very possible the third box could be the 'active box' not yet cached to the background storage. Switching boxes in-game will cache that and have the editor show three boxes.
I'll look into your save and see what's up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)