Tournament Gen4 PU - Resource Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So 2 of the matches have asked for extensions. Normally I would just move on to the next round, but 2 matches is actually half the round. So, I gave both extensions and now the next round will instead be posted Thursday, February 2nd, at 11:59pm GMT! No more extensions will be given for this round beyond this point.

It was a fun series. That team (from games 2 and 3) almost went undefeated and it was mostly due to Body Slam/Power Whip/Wish Protect spdef Lickilicky. Good set that you guys should use.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Round 5, Semifinals:

Main Bracket:
Tony vs. Chrisloud1
pancake
vs. GeneralAnnoyance

Not-Winners RR Bracket:
Specs Jigglypuff vs. PokemonmasterTj
Whydon vs. RivalET
Taskr vs. Lord Sample Team
Plans
vs. Broken Phobias

Deadline is Thursday, February 9th, at 11:59pm GMT!

Housekeeping:

Tony is given the activity win from last round.

There actually isn't much to say anymore, other than good luck to everyone and I really appreciate how successful this tournament is! Hope you all had fun, because I had a lot of fun hosting.

Yanma B+ -> B

As before, before your match, please remember to:
  • Bench your BP chain team, because there is a BP clause.
  • Validate your teams using the mon list in the OP and the List of Illegal NFEs in the Resource post
  • Double check for any differences in moves and abilities that might exist between Gen4 and 6. Defogging is really embarrassing. There is a small list of "Things You Forgot" in the Resource post as well to help
  • There is a Role Compendium, so check that if you still need help building.

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
lost vs. GA in 3, he deserved it though. good luck in finals!

Really fun tier, I'm also really happy about how far I got in this tour (Farthest I've ever gotten, maybe omens for the future???) but yeah

thanks Akir for some teams, also I stole RawMelon's team for g1 of this match but ended up getting matched against missy

s/o JF Shuckle TJ Zard for being good friends + especially TJ for tests

thanks for hosting akir!

Akir

A true villain!
Round 6, Finals

Main Bracket:

Tony vs. GeneralAnnoyance

RR Bracket:

Specs Jigglypuff vs. RivalET
Lord Sample Team vs. PokemonmasterTj
Plans
vs. Taskr
Broken Phobias
vs. Whydon

There will not be a deadline for these, since the RR Bracket is for fun.

Housekeeping:

With the finals already planned out, my work here is done-ish. The VR is what I would consider to be a great spot for the end of this tour, and replenishment of the samples has already commenced. After this round, Gen4 PU will most likely enter a sleepy state until I push for its inclusion in the PUPL. For that, I am going to compile all of the replays in this thread and put those in the Resource Post as well. So again, thanks to everyone who played! I have grown to love this tier and playing/building in it has really rekindled that spirit that got me into competitive pokes in the first place. But for now, thank you for making this tournament so successful.

Sableye A+ -> A
Purugly A -> A+
Drifblim A- -> A
Cacturne B+ -> A-
Machoke B+ -> A-
Gastrodon B -> B+
Lopunny B -> B+

As before, before your match, please remember to:
  • Bench your BP chain team, because there is a BP clause.
  • Validate your teams using the mon list in the OP and the List of Illegal NFEs in the Resource post
  • Double check for any differences in moves and abilities that might exist between Gen4 and 6. Defogging is really embarrassing. There is a small list of "Things You Forgot" in the Resource post as well to help
  • There is a Role Compendium, so check that if you still need help building.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)