IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

AT A GLANCE

Pokemon: Hoopa-U / Garchomp / Thundurus / Mollux / Mega Scizor / Clefable
Team Archetype: Balance
Key Members / Core: Hoopa-U aims to punch holes in teams for the rest of the team to handle, or Hoopa-U can use various support to clean up.
Difficulty Of Use: * * * (Normal)

TEAM STRATEGY

This team aims to make the most out of Hoopa-U's wallbreaking capabilities for a teammate to clean up late game. Since Hoopa-U despises U-turn, TankChomp can punish these U-turn users and other contact users that threaten Hoopa-U. Thundurus provides paralysis support, allowing Hoopa-U to break through more threats. Mega Scizor is the team's slow U-turn user to ensure that a teammate gets in safely, and also serves as hazard control. Mollux acts as a revenge killer, and also a good way to handle a wall due to Trick. Finally, Clefable provides cleric support to help keep the team healthy.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
  • Mega Altaria can be a big nuisance if you've lost Scizor. Your only other option is to paralyze it with Thundurus if it has set up a Dragon Dance.
  • Keep Mollux and Clefable healthy, otherwise Cawmodore will sweep your whole team. It's a good idea to deal with Cawmodore first before Tricking your Scarf.
  • Be wary of potential U-turn users. Make sure Garchomp is in good condition to handle them.

So nice ^-^ I never played CAP before but i think it's cool.. well, at first i'll try to use sample teams.. also, guys.. if you want to teach me a bit about CAP i'll be grateful c: ; i'm sooo bad reading threads and i want to make so much questions hee hee... so i prefer if you talk to me on ps. I'm online anytime after 13:00 UTC-04 c: ty ^-^

So nice ^-^ I never played CAP before but i think it's cool.. well, at first i'll try to use sample teams.. also, guys.. if you want to teach me a bit about CAP i'll be grateful c: ; i'm sooo bad reading threads and i want to make so much questions hee hee... so i prefer if you talk to me on ps. I'm online anytime after 13:00 UTC-04 c: ty ^-^
Hey Cornelly! Be sure to check out the CAP Project room on PS!, there's plenty of helpful people there who would be willing to help test teams or answer questions.

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan

Naviathan Balanced Offense[/CENTER]
Naviathan @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 108 HP / 204 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Scald
- Slack Off

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Stone Edge

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Diamond Storm

Mollux @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Baton Pass

I'm surprised no one chose to make a sample team with Naviathan, so I built this team in about an hour, tested it, and it worked great.

AT A GLANCE
Pokemon: Naviathan / Dugtrio / Latias / Diancie-Mega / Mollux / Tomohawk
Team Archetype: Balanced Offense
Key Members / Core: Dugtrio traps pokemon that completely wall Naviathan such as Mollux, Plasmanta, and electric types so Naviathan has an easier time sweeping.

TEAM STRATEGY

This team aims to make the most out of Naviathan's ability to clean up late game. Since Calm Mind Naviathan gets completely shutdown by pokemon like Mollux and Plasmanta, I figured I might put a Dugtrio on the team to ohko those counters. Latias provides a switch in to Keldeo and can Defog away hazards so Dugtrio's focus sash stays intact. I wanted Mega Diancie on the team to knock out scarfed dragons such as Hydreigon as well as stop Talonflame from sweeping my team. Mollux is there to help me deal with Cawmodore and Scizor. Last but not least, I felt like I needed a Lopunny, Garchomp, and Colossoil switch in, so I added Tomohawk.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
  • Because this Mollux has no recovery, Cawmodore and Scizor can potentially clean late game.
  • Opposing Mega Diancie are a huge problem, as nothing on the team takes a Moonblast, Earth Power, or Diamond Storm nicely. However, this threat can be taken care of with the help of Dugtrio.
  • Mega Metagross can be a huge issue, especially since Earthquake from a non choice band dugtrio does so little damage and Mollux ain't a counter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naviathan would much rather have Heatproof, because otherwise you struggle to take this:

252+ SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 108 HP / 200 SpD Naviathan: 216-255 (57.7 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 108 HP / 200 SpD Naviathan: 331-391 (88.5 - 104.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 108 HP / 204+ Def Naviathan: 189-223 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Burn damage hardly matters when Heatproof halves it anyways.

As for EV's, you're probably better off investing everything in HP and Defense, as your base Special Defense is gonna be too low regardless of investment to avoid 2hko's that are important.

I'll try the team out and see how it is.

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
NumberCruncher:

1. I wanted to go a mixed wall spread rather than physically defensive because I didn't want to keep losing to offensive cyclohm.
2. With my defense and HP, i can live a close combat from terrakion.

Exclaimer:
Reason why I went Water Veil was so I can easily beat Slowbro without fearing a scald burn. Furthermore, I have Dugtrio trap Heatran and Volkraken. I do understand that Talonflame is a problem to the team, but Adamant banded Talonflame isn't as common as it used to be; specially defensive and SD talonflame are become more popular. Mega Diancie can stop those sets.
Edit: I changed water veil to heatrproof, thanks Exclaimer :]

Last edited:
tech, your teams seems really weak to priority moves. Not really sure what would make it better, but just saying(and slurpuff)

Last edited:

DINO-DRILL - or - KILLER BEES ON A SWARM
Mega-Beedrill Balanced Offense Team

Syclant @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 12 Atk / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Earthquake

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 196 Atk / 104 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Pyroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Giga Drain

Cyclohm @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Discharge
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

AT A GLANCE
Pokemon: Syclant / Beedrill-Mega / Pyroak / Cyclohm / Sylveon / Colossoil
Team Archetype: Balanced Offense
Key Members / Core: Pyroak, Cyclohm, and Colossoil anchor the team defensively as tank/supports, while Beedrill, Syclant and specs Sylveon form a pseudo Volt-turn offensive core, providing momentum and offensive power.
Difficulty Of Use: * * * * (Above Average)

TEAM STRATEGY

Beedrill's one of my favorite ORAS Megas, and this team is the end result of me trying to make it work in a CAP environment. The idea is simple: use Sylveon's absurd Specs-boosted offensive power along with the tanky nature of the team's defensive core to slowly wear down your opponents 'mons, clearing the way for one of the fast sweepers to come in and clean up. Beedrill can also be used as a mid-game damage dealer: Adaptability U-turn hurts. Syclant is there in its mixed wallbreaker form - LO is my preference for the extra power, but it does cut down its survivability, and can be subbed out for sash or expert belt if you feel like you're getting KO'd too fast. The Pyroak set is probably the most non-standard one - WoW over lava plume for reliable burns to cripple offensive sweepers like Altaria and Metagross, and Giga Drain because this team actually REALLY struggles against bulky Rotom-W and Colossoil, and I needed a grass move to ease that weakness

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
  • BOWS, aka Bulky Offense with Wish Support. Recovery-heavy teams are hard to beat in general, as this team relies a lot on grinding down enemy walls to get them into KO range for Beedrill and Syclant. Smart switching is the key to beating them - even the sturdiest walls don't want to take repeated Specs Hyper Voices to the face.
  • Chansey is an annoyance of special note: as the team lacks a STAB fighting move (or any fighting move), it can be hard to KO. Entry hazards and forced switches help here - the pink blob takes a solid 30-35% damage from Specs Sylveon's HV, meaning it can be worn down very quickly.
  • As mentioned above, this team actually lacks a good Colossoil counter. Pyroak can do in a pinch (and cripple Rebound variants with a burn), and Beedrill is EV'd to tank a non-Guts Sucker Punch at full health. If your opponent has a Colo, you MUST keep Beedrill healthy
  • Special Nukes, such as Mega-Pidgeot, can be problematic. Pyroak and Colossoil are the closest thing the team has to dedicated special walls, and neither is particularly good at the job. As with facing teams with recovery, momentum is your biggest ally in this match up: Beedrill is naturally faster than 90% of the meta (even beating Scarf Mollux), so an effective double switch can turn the tide.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Gems & Metals
Diancie Offense
https://pastebin.com/XYLqusc2

Dianna (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock

Drone P-8I (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

BURD (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Sapphire (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Storm Strike (Cyclohm) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Discharge
- Heal Bell

Top Hat (Breloom) @ Black Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
At a Glance

Pokemon: Mega Diancie / Magnezone / Talonflame / Manaphy / Cyclohm / Breloom
Team Archetype: Offense
Key Members / Cores: Mega Diancie and Magnezone Core with Priority backup in Breloom and Talonflame
Difficulty of Use: * * * (Can be picked up by someone with decent knowledge of the CAP metagame)

Team Strategy
The function of the team is to remove all of Mega Diancie's counters and whittle down its checks. Breloom targets Water-types as well as Stratagem and Manaphy to help get rid of ground-types like Landorus and Collosoil. These two can also be sweepers if they get an opportunity to setup. Magnezone forms the popular Fairy + Zone core being able to trap Steel-types that threaten Diancie. Talonflame was added to help deal with Cawmadore and Aurumoth as well as make for a decent lead providing U-turn. Cyclohm was added to be a pivot that can help out against water-types but also deal with Steel-types as well.

Mostly the plan is to bring Diancie out whenever it can and start launching powerful attacks. Retreat it when something such as Cawmadore or Scizor Come out and wait for another oppurtunity to bring it in.

Checks and Counters

• Stratagem is very annoying to deal with as my answers are Mach Punching with Breloom or living a hit with Manaphy and attempting to revenge kill it with Scald.
  • Mega Altaria is a problem if it manages to setup as it usually takes mach punches fairly when meaning my only form of revenge killing is Talonflame. I can also have my pokemon attempt to take hits like not mega evolving Diancie or using Manaphy ands its Ice Beam.
  • Mega Charizard X with Earthquake can become a huge problem, Charizard X is still a problem with a dragon move still but I can attempt to paralyze it with cyclohm this is a lot easier to revenge kill then Mega Altaria.

Last edited:

The Sandstorm Rages
Krilowatt @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Nature Power
- Aura Sphere
- Hurricane

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Crunch

At A Glance
Pokemon: Krilowatt/Hippowdon/Excadrill/Amoonguss/Tomohawk/Gyarados (mega)
Team Archetype: Sand Balance
Key Members/Cores: Hippowdon supports Excadrill with sand making him one of the strongest WinCons
Difficulty: ** (Can be used by someone who has decent knowledge of either the CAP or OU metagame)

Strategy:

Remove checks to Excadrill mainly with Amoonguss, Krilowatt and Tomohawk. Gyarados has a good match up against a lot of Excadrills weaknesses so set up and break stall if necessary with him. Tomohawk is your breaker of a lot of tough cookies including Pyroak, opposing Tomohawk and Grass types. Krilowatt can absorb annoying status and doesn't get beaten by sandstorm and his coverage is really appreciated against certain threats. Amoonguss is your main switch in to basically any threatening Pokemon and it's best to use Spore at the earliest opportunity as its typing lets it beat Grass-types who may wall Spore. Excadrill can take out certain threats and deal a lot of damage without a boost. Keep Excadrill from setting up until Late or mid game, this allows the partners to take down specific pokemon for him.

ThreatList

Charizard Y can take down sun and make Tomohawk's Hurricanes very inaccurate. Nothing on this team can OHKO it without rocks also.
Choice Band Azumarill steamrolls the team after Amoonguss is gone
Wacan Berry Manaphy can be hard to deal with thanks to its great bulk and it's difficulty to be beaten by Krilowatt
Kyurem-B can take down every slower member of this team and still threaten Krilowatt and Excadrill out of sand.
Syclant can really hurt this team if it carries ground coverage, forcing you to sack at least one Pokemon (normally Hippowdon and Excadrill) to beat it.

Last edited:
Manaphy cannot use Shuca Berry since it isn't weak to it.

Also, add Syclant to the threatlist because it demolishes your team.

Steamin' Hot
A Volcanion VoltTurn Offense Team​
Volcanion @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

AT A GLANCE

Pokemon: Volcanion / Colossoil / Tornadus-T / Mega Altaria / Jirachi / Landorus-T
Key Members / Core: Colossoil, Tornadus-T, Jirachi, and Landorus-T all pivot in to ensure Volcanion can get in safely to wear down the opponent, and to pave the way for a Mega Altaria sweep

TEAM STRATEGY

This team aims to make the most of Volcanion's threatening signature STAB move Steam Eruption as well as wearing down foes via VoltTurn. Colossoil pivots into Electric-, Rock-, and Poison-types and removes hazards that threaten to wear down the team from constant switching. Tornadus-T threatens many foes with its Hurricanes and can cripple them with Knock Off, and the utility of Regenerator helps the team maintain its VoltTurn tactics. Jirachi revenge kills weakened foes and can either try to flinch them with Iron Head or restore a partner if the team needs it. Landorus-T sets up Stealth Rock and just hits hard with its raw power, as well as weakening physical attackers via Intimidate. Volcanion itself can also use Water Absorb to take any Water-type attacks directed at Colossoil and Landorus-T.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
  • Do. Not. Let. Cawmodore. BD. For Free.
  • Weavile can take out a lot of members of this team, so watch out for it.
  • Prankster Thunder Wave from Klefki and Thundurus really hurts, especially since the team relies on Speed.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader

Steamin' Hot
A Volcanion VoltTurn Offense Team​
Volcanion @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Altaria @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

AT A GLANCE

Pokemon: Volcanion / Colossoil / Tornadus-T / Mega Altaria / Jirachi / Landorus-T
Key Members / Core: Colossoil, Tornadus-T, Jirachi, and Landorus-T all pivot in to ensure Volcanion can get in safely to wear down the opponent, and to pave the way for a Mega Altaria sweep

TEAM STRATEGY

This team aims to make the most of Volcanion's threatening signature STAB move Steam Eruption as well as wearing down foes via VoltTurn. Colossoil pivots into Electric-, Rock-, and Poison-types and removes hazards that threaten to wear down the team from constant switching. Tornadus-T threatens many foes with its Hurricanes and can cripple them with Knock Off, and the utility of Regenerator helps the team maintain its VoltTurn tactics. Jirachi revenge kills weakened foes and can either try to flinch them with Iron Head or restore a partner if the team needs it. Landorus-T sets up Stealth Rock and just hits hard with its raw power, as well as weakening physical attackers via Intimidate.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
  • Do. Not. Let. Cawmodore. BD. For Free.
  • Weavile can take out a lot of members of this team, so watch out for it.
  • Prankster Thunder Wave from Klefki and Thundurus really hurts, especially since the team relies on Speed.
Looks like a great team!
Just two things though.

1. If you're using AV Torn-T, you might consider Heat Wave to act as a better check to Cawmodore, as +6 Bullet Punch cannot kill, though Torn-T will have to (and should) run a Timid Nature. It's also more accurate and can cause less headaches!

2. What sets Volcanion apart from Volkraken? Perhaps that'd be a good thing to explain because it seems like Choice sets are better left for Volkraken to handle...

Mega Crucibelle VoltTurn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Crucibelle @ Crucibellite
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock / Wood Hammer

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound / Guts
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Aura Sphere / Nature Power
- Earth Power
- Roost

Syclant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mountaineer
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Spikes

AT A GLANCE

Pokemon: Rotom-Wash / Crucibelle Mega / Jirachi / Colossoil / Tomohawk / Syclant
Team Archetype: VoltTurn
Key Members / Core: Jirachi, Syclant and Rotom-Wash can all pivot into Crucibelle Mega and Tomohawk who can both deal massive amounts of damage.

TEAM STRATEGY
The basic idea of this team is to get Tomohawk and Crucibelle Mega in as often as you can, as together they form a very potent offensive core that can take out most of each others checks/counters. Getting these two Pokemon in is fairly easy thanks to the teams abundance of U-Turn/Volt Switch users. Rotom-Wash works very well in tandem with Crucibelle Mega and Tomohawk as much of what beats Rotom-Wash can be threatened by either Crucibelle Mega or Tomohawk. Syclant should be used to maintain momentum and offensive pressure but can also be used to get up Spikes which can help immensely against Stall based teams. Jirachi is the secondary Fairy killer on this team and also a good revenge killer for Pokemon such as Stratagem and Syclant which can both be annoying for this team to handle. Colossoil basically just does what Colossoil normally does: provides hazard clearance, a special wall, offensive presence as well as priority. All in all this is a pretty standard CAP VoltTurn team and should be played as such.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
  • Set up sweepers: Cawmodore, Charizard Mega X and Aurumoth can all be problems. Syclant with its Focus Sash still intact can check these pokemon if they have been weakened previously.
  • Rain based teams: Majority of common rain sweepers can outspeed and OHKO a fair majority of this team.
  • Heavy Stall based teams: If opposing teams have solid answers to Tomohawk and Crucibelle Mega then breaking through can be difficult especially if you cannot keep hazards up.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
CAWK
Carnivorous Animal Winged Killers
Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

At a Glance
Pokemon: Talonflame / Mega Pinsir / Starmie / Serperior / Landorus-T / Heatran
Team Archetype: HO (Hyper Offense)
Key Members: Swords Dance and Swords Dance Mega Pinsir shredding teams.
Difficulty of Use: * * (Moderately Easy)

Team Strategy
The team's goal is to 1) weaken / KO all the Rock and Electric-types and 2) Keep Stealth Rocks on there side but off your side since both your sweepers have a big Stealth Rock weakness. Leading with Heatran or Landorus-T is usually the best way to start a match up since you can U-turn or set up Stealth Rock. If the opponent has a Crucibelle that isn't Mega evolved get try to get Mega Pinsir set up prior as once it mega evolved it gains the extra speed boost and becomes a much harder threat to deal with. Preserve Scarf Land for stuff like Crucibelle, Diancie, Syclant, Stratagem, and Mega Manectric.

Checks and Counters

**Pursuit + Good Stealth Rock setter**: my team relies on Starmie so if it gets caught in a Pursuit my sweepers are going to have a much harder time pushing through especially since Talonflame kills itself fast enough already.

**Crucibelle**: Unless Mega Pinsir is already set up before it Mega Evolved or Landorus is still alive Crucibelle Can eat this team alive.

**Unaware Clefable**: Stallbreaker Heatran can beat it or weaken it but outside of that I lack true answers to Unaware Clefable, although it's not too common.

Can this replace my old team, this is much better than Gems and Metals which has been struggling in the meta a little bit.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Time to revive this thread with a pretty neat team:

Purple Rain
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 112 Def / 140 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Fake Out

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Crucibelle @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Tomohawk @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Haze
- Reflect
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

AT A GLANCE:
Pokemon: Mega Sableye / Chansey / Crucibelle / Tomohawk / Slowbro / Zapdos
Team Archetype: Semi-Stall
Key Members / Cores: Pivot Crucibelle with the Mega Sableye and Chansey core, Haze + Reflect Tomohawk with Calm Mind Slowbro core, and Specially Defensive Zapdos.
Difficulty: ***** (Hard without experience in knowing how to use Stall)

TEAM STRATEGY:

The premise of this team is to use the excellent stall core of Mega Sableye + Chansey in conjunction with Crucibelle as Taunt + Bulk Up Talonflame really destroys SabChans (and most OU stalls in general). Crucibelle also provided a nice Fairy check and is great at setting up Stealth Rocks while pivoting around, regaining its health with Regenerator. Defensive Tomohawk is almost necessary to be added to not be destroyed by Guts/Choice Band Colossoil and Tomohawk also provides a nice emergency answer to setup sweepers such as Cawmodore and Serperior with Prankster Haze. Reflect on Tomohawk is kind of an old relic in the CAP metagame but works wonders on this team as setting up a Reflect can help walls such as Slowbro and Zapdos deal with physical attackers much better. Speaking of Slowbro, it was added as the teams main Keldeo counter and also provides the team with a nice win condition to help with opposing Stall matchups. Lastly, Zapdos was added as a secondary hazard remover and also as a Mega Pinsir counter that my team desperately needed. It also synergizes well with Slowbro and Chansey, which is also very convenient.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS:
Mega Gardevoir: Mega Gardevoir can easily become a huge threat to the team if it is able to setup a Calm Mind, as in which that point it could 2HKO Chansey with Psyshock. My only my with dealing with CM variants is by setting up Reflect with Tomohawk and hoping that it does not get too many boosts up when facing it with Chansey.

Mega Crucibelle: Coil Mega Crucibelle is also another big nuisance to the team as it can cleanly 2HKO most of the members of my team after one boost if Reflect is not up with Tomohawk. My main way with dealing with it is getting Tomohawk in safely and using Haze + Reflect, which is really hard to do at times.

Auromoth: Auromoth is not a huge threat in a sense of checking either Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance variants, however the main issue with it is scouting what set Auromoth is which is what can really hamper my team (Illusion makes it even harder to predict). The only real thing I could do is just play cautiously and try to preserve things like Chansey and Zapdos when facing an Auromoth really.

P.S Shoutout to @cbrevran for helping me out with the team :)

Last edited:
I thought that it’d probably be a shame if the gen6 sample teams didn’t have a team with Kerfluffle in it, the last creation in the gen and one of the more successful CAPs for its time. Unveiling...

Kerfluffle + Manaphy Bulky Offense
1536590692147.gif
1536590768660.png
1536590794978.gif
1536590821246.gif
1536590851868.gif

Importable
AT A GLANCE:
Pokemon: Kerfluffle / Manaphy / Cyclohm / Jirachi / Tomohawk / Mega Crucibelle
Team Archetype: Bulky Offense
Key Members / Cores: Specs Kerfluffle + Manaphy, Cyclohm + Jirachi + Tomohawk, pivoting from Kerfluffle / Mega Crucibelle / Jirachi to support a Manaphy setup
Difficulty: **** (mostly you’ll be playing around their moves since it’s not foolproof versus every Pokémon, but likely you’ll have enough offensive pressure to make some plays)

TEAM STRATEGY:

The idea of this team is to wallbreak with Kerfluffle + Mega Crucibelle and then have Manaphy sweep late-game. The team has a core of Cyclohm + Jirachi + Tomohawk in the back to cover myself defensively versus most Pokémon in the meta, but there’s always stuff like opposing Kerfluffle which could become a problem if you let Mega Crucibelle and Jirachi get weakened too early. Pivoting options like Kerfluffle, Jirachi, and Mega Crucibelle help Manaphy come in versus Pokémon like SpD Jirachi and Landorus-T, which Manaphy can promptly setup on. Jirachi is my Stealth Rocker and can be used liberally, as likely you’ll use it for Healing Wish at the end, in case you ever want to revive a weakened Pokémon at the end to seal the game, like Mega Crucibelle or Manaphy to attempt another sweep. Tomohawk is the premier Ground-type stop on this team and is the defensive set to help it accomplish this as reliably as possible versus Pokémon like Excadrill. Generally with this team, you’re aiming to pivot around for your wallbreakers and Manaphy to do some action, and then hopefully secure a sweep at the end of the game.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS:
1536591955827.png
Kerfluffle: It basically outspeeds my entire team and speedties with my Kerfluffle, and can threaten big damage with Life Orb/Specs Focus Blast versus everything. Generally you’ll probably find yourself using Jirachi at first to switch into those Focus Blasts, and then Crucibelle (if you didn’t Mega) next to try and Regenerator away some of that damage, but it is definitely a threat. Don’t let it come in too many times for free or else it’ll hurt.
1536592603885.png
Aurumoth: Illusion is kind of busted and if I can’t figure out that the opposing Pokémon is an Aurumoth in hiding and gets off a Quiver Dance, you’re basically sacking Tomohawk to Haze away the boosts and try to revenge kill it with Kerfluffle/Mega Crucibelle. If you see the opponent has an Aurumoth in team preview, getting up Stealth Rocks early is essential to try to scout it better.
1536592174563.png
Tomohawk: Life Orb Tomohawk hurts since it’s coverage of Hurricane + Earth Power hits my typical Flying-resists, making it hard to beat defensively. However, you can threaten it out with Kerfluffle and if it’s weakened, Mega Crucibelle. Definitely another Pokémon you’ll have to make some plays around and watch out for.
1536592360352.png
Jirachi: If it’s carrying Wish, it basically walls 4 of the Pokémon on this team. However, if not running Body Slam/Thunder Wave, it’s setup bait for Manaphy and Cyclohm can make it not want to stay in.
1536592466728.png
Mega-Crucibelle: Since my Jirachi doesn’t carry Wish, this can basically wear down it to the point where it can’t check what it wants to. However that takes a couple of Head Smashes to get it into that range, and you do have Cyclohm to try to Static paralyze it in the back and Kerfluffle with Specs HP Ground if it gets out of control with Coil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)