Golurk Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
[OVERVIEW]

Ghost
========
* Golurk has access to stealth rock, and decent bulk to set it up with, making it an phenomenal lead for trick room ghost.
*While primarily used as a lead, it has decent potential to be a bulky wallbreaker, with 124 attack, and a colorful movepool.
* Using said sky-high attack, Golurk is very good at either of its roles.
* Golurk has three natural immunities, being Normal, Fighting, and Electric, which allows you to switch into those hits safely.
*Golurk has mediocre bulk, at 89/80/80, allowing it to live some hits with investment.
*Golurk has atrocious speed, at 55, and thus needs investment to outspeed the slowest of threats.
*Unfortunately, it is outclassed by Marowak in many ways, and is only run on trick room ghost so Marowak can be a wallbreaker.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Utility Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Dynamic Punch
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Stone Edge
item: Focus Sash
ability: No Guard
nature: Adamant/Jolly
evs: 4 hp/252 atk/ 252 spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Moves
========
* Stealth Rock provides support to many ghost teams, allowing to get them to get chip damage right off the bat.
* Dynamic Punch provides a strong move to confuse the opponent and get off nice damage, as well as provide coverage.
* Earthquake is a strong STAB move, giving it the tools it needs to hit extremely hard on anything that does not resist it.
* Stone Edge gives Golurk the trifecta of coverage, and is a nice high power option against Flying teams.

Set Details
========
*252 attack allows Golurk to hit as hard as possible, when given the opportunity
*252 speed gives Golurk the boost it needs to outspeed several pokemon.
*4 HP gives it an extra burst of longevity, which helps it out to survive to maybe get off an attack.
* Adamant is given to let Golurk do more damage, at no cost to its other vital stats.
*Jolly is also sometimes run to give a boost to its speed.
*Focus sash allows Golurk to live at least one hit, and thus set stealth rock or get a powerful attack off.

Usage Tips
========
*Golurk has three natural immunities, being Normal, Fighting, and Electric. Using him to effectively absorb moves is a good strategy.
*Use to its full potential before setting up trick room, and sack, as there is no use in keeping it afterword.
* Avoid counter-leads the opponent may have, such as Sableye-Mega, as they easily cripple Golurk.

Team Options
========
*Sableye-Mega can bounce hazards and wall pokemon like Ferrothorn, and then allow Golurk to set stealth rocks and proceed to wreck everything.
*Mimikyu is a very good trick room setter, and keep the momentum you have gained going.

Strategy Options
===========

Checks and Counters
===================
Ghost
--------
**Bulky Leads**: Pokemon like Ferrothorn resist all of its hits, save dynamic punch, and can easily set up against it, as Golurk can’t KO something that bulky.

**Bisharp**: Bisharp has Knock Off, and easily can OHKO Golurk with superior speed and great attack.

**Anti-leads **: Anti-leads such as Sableye-Mega can take away and even reflect hazards on to you, and possibly revenge kill you.

****:

Last edited:
I had a decent thing and it deleted. :(

Thus I will use google docs to edit, and copy paste changes. I don't want more wasted work.

I will try and have this up asap.

Last edited:
I'm going to close this because no signs of completion and we're moving into USUM soon where the analysis would be quite different then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)