Multi Gen Good Ubers Cores for All Generations

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
ORAS

While having two Fairy-types on a team may seem unappealing, this core actually makes for a very scary offense core, based around FairyCeus luring in and breaking down a lot of GeoXern's checks and counters, such as hitting PDon with Earth Power and hitting Ho-Oh with Stone Edge. The combined Fairy STABs can also wear down some resists, such as Bronzong, which is really nice. If you run Aromatherapy on GeoXern, Xerneas can act as an offensive status absorber too, which helps Arceus-Fairy with her problem with Toxic. Overall, a really cool and effective offensive core that works very nicely to support GeoXern.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power
- Judgment

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder / Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

the wob rule ive always followed is: I have Ray, is other set up thingy tspikes weak? no, ok i can have tickle. but if you choose like groudon or darkrais + mewtwo stuff you just safeguard

pursuit cores are cool though. scizor + kyoge, ho oh + ttar + forretress, ttar + garchomp, etc,,,,,,,,,,,,

any core in offense in dpp ubers is just hittin speed benchmarks anyways. like metwo + darkrai outspeeds everything but i guess mewtwo can come in on the revenge technitop mach punch if it must.

Thunder Wave Primal-Groudon + Hex Mega Gengar

this core is able to pressure rocks extremely well. after laying down rocks you can status the opposing defogger and take care of it with gengar later. the high usage of this core is no surprise since these two mons are also very good in general and easy to build around.

pdon spread is random so feel free to change it

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 100 SpD / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Bronzong + (Facade) Mence

this is a pretty common balance core and also easy to fit, as it checks some physical attackers while synergizing on mutiple levels.

bronzong is able to switch on a good amount of mence's checks, such as lugia, water-and dragceus and lay down rocks or spread toxic. it can lure hooh into burning our mence with sacred fire, enabling it to punch holes with an insanely strong facade stab.

bronzong set can be changed obviously

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Double-Edge
- Roost

btw, in my eyes scarf shaymin is unviable and the core should be removed. same with mmawile+waterceus core. idk why someone would ever use that core on a balance team. the mawile+pogre core is at least able to abuse trick room. thats just my opinion though ;o;

I'd be happy to take off those cores but of course I need more than 1 opinion to do so, so if anyone else has strong feelings towards those cores feel free to discuss. If no one says anything about it in ~1 week I'll take them down.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hi, bw core:
|| Offensive: Specs Kyogre and Life Orb 'Quaza ||

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

This is an offensive core featuring Choice Specs Kyogre, a hard-hitting wallbreaker that can deal a devastating amount of damage with Specs equipped. Rayquaza is there to finish off any foes that Kyogre may have not fainted, although most Pokemon that take a Choice Specs-boosted Water Spout at full HP are usually around 0-20%, leaving Rayquaza to just KO them with Extreme Speed. Hazard removal is appreciated as well as a check to the Latis since they both trouble Rayquaza a bit.​

Alright since no one put up any argument, MMawile+Waterceus as well as Scarfmin+Rockceus were removed from the OP.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Generation 6 / ORAS

Landorus-Therian + Deoxys-Attack + Dialga

A really strong and fast offensive core. The idea is to get momentum with U-Turn from Landorus-Therian and then proceed to kill something with Deoxys-Attack or set up Stealth Rock with Dialga. Your switch-in from U-Turn varies based on your opponents switch-in decision. If he decides to switch-in a defensive forme of Arceus you are free to nuke something with a LO Psycho Boost from Deoxys-Attack. Only switch-in Dialga when your opponent is sending out a fairy type Pokémon or Giratina-Origin. With Dialga you can nuke Draco Meteor or simply set up a hazard. Just decide what play benefits you the most.

A good partner is Primal-Groudon since you lack a fairy resist. Arceus, the E-Killer variant, is a really good Pokémon to enhance your offensive capabilities. Finally there should be something that can clean everything. Since the mega slot is still free you can decide to use Mega-Salamence to have a better Primal-Groudon check or Mega-Gengar to trap passive stuff like Skarmory, Bronzong or even Ferrothorn who can wall the team. Xerneas could also be a good choice.

Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 48 Def / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Last edited:
I wanna post some standard weather cores that are used quite frequently in the BW2 metagame.

Kyogre and Kabutops make a great pairing, and is used on many rain teams. Kyogre is able to set up rain to activate Kabutops' swift swim, and is then able to outspeed many fast threats like Darkrai. This boost in speed causes Kabutops to become very threatening, as the foes speed control could be totally outsped in rain by Kabutops. Kabutops also makes for a great revenge killer because of this, and will usually put in a lot of damage to the opposing team. However, Kabutops is in big trouble if Groudon is able to come in and stop the rain so that Kabutops is now quite sluggish. This is another reason why Kyogre is a great partner so that not only can it set up rain, but it is able to threaten out Groudon and Tyranitar which are the two most other common weather setters. And if Kyogre is running a specs set, even if the opponent switches out Kyogre will be able to deal lots of damage to the switch in. Almost any set can be used when using these pokemon so I'll just put some standard ones.
Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Low Kick

This is a core that I was quite surprised at when I saw it wasn't on the list already. Groudon and Ho-Oh make a great pair in every generation from ADV and up, so this is not contained to just BW. Groudon is able to set up sun which greatly helps out Ho-Oh to boost it's already powerful fire attacks. The sun also helps to fend off against rain boosted mons such as Kingdra, so that their water moves are less powerful and won't do as much damage. Ho-Oh is also able to take care of common threats to Groudon like Skarmory, Shaymin-Sky, Genesect and many others. Groudon does the same for Ho-Oh by getting rid of things like Tyranitar, Kabutops, Rock Arceus along with others. This is a very common duo that make their stand in every game they're in together and are really strong in what they do.
Groudon @ Earth Plate
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

These are the only weather cores that I will post, but things like Kyogre+Kingdra/Omastar/Tentacruel/Ludicolo, Groudon+Heatran, and Tyranitar+Garchomp are also really great weather cores that are used in BW. I myself will not write these cores up but if someone else wants to do so, so that they are in the OP, then by all means don't be shy.

p2

Banned deucer.
A few ADV cores:
+

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Explosion

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 32 Def / 96 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Ice Punch

Not much to say about this, it's basically the go-to hazard stack core in ADV since Forretress is one of the best Spikers, along with Spin to deal with opposing hazards and HP Bug + Boom for some offensive presence over Skarmory. I like Gengar over Shedinja because of access to Wisp / Hypnosis + Boom which makes it much less passive but at the cost of being vulnerable to shit like Ogre which Shedinja can wall easily. Good teammates for this core are your generic breakers like Deo-A / Latios / Mewtwo and sweepers like DD Ray / Salac Don and Ogre etc. In particular I like Lugia a lot here because it pressures the grounded Steel-types relied on to check it.

+

Steelix @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Double-Edge
- Rock Slide

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 136 HP / 72 Def / 204 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh
- Dragon Claw

Any Steel-type works here, preferably Lix or Registeel though. Steelix is mostly troubled by Water-types, given the dominance of Kyogre in the meta, which is where mono-attacking Latias comes in. Latias is a great status absorber and wincon with it's mono-attacking set, which easily switches into the likes of Kyogre since it comes in easily and heals off Ice Beam / cures TWave very consistently. Latias doesn't like dealing with faster Psychic-types, especially Deo-A, Lugia, Latios, and Mewtwo, Steelix makes for a decent switch-in to all of these outside of Fire Blast Mewtwo and certain variants of Deo-A. Hydro Pump Lugia is also very annoying for Steelix + Latias to face, but it's a very rare set anyway.

+

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 20 Def / 56 SpD
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pursuit

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Careful Nature
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Protect / Curse

Double-Boom Steels. I used this core mostly because I was scared of Deo-A because I think it's a ridiculous mon, much more than Latios or Kyogre. Either way, 2 Steel-types is pretty solid, They both take on their same checks and counters, HP Fire Gross removes Forretress while Pursuit ruins Deo-A, shutting it down. Shutting down Deo-A early as possible is a huge deal because it takes it out of the game and gets rid of having to deal with the nightmare that is Deo-A late-game. They can also both put pressure on stuff like Don / Ogre by weakening them w/ Boom or w/e, which generally makes it harder for them to deal with the other Steel later on in the game when they've let their main answer for them get weakened.

BIG G CHOPPA

Banned deucer.
I noticed that there was no cores under the GSC section so hey, here I am posting this core.

GSC is fairly limited in terms of what is viable, so a core isnt exactly the best approach but oh well. Just for the sake of it here's the core! Anyways this core is obviously structured around jolteon + mewtwo. I find this core interesting as mewtwo (already scary as it is), can be even more scary. What i mean by this is that this is a fairly straight forward growth passer + mewtwo core. Mewtwo is the recipient who enjoys having a boost in offenses so that it can hit birds even harder than it originally was capable of doing. Jolteon is arguably the best passer because of how it can pressure lugia, who is a common phazer with a obligatory stab move. Also known as thunderbolt, also due to its speed tier it can pretty much outspeed everything and mewtwo can hit hard at +1 thanks to the boost. HP water on jolteon helps it nail steelix, tyranitar and rhydon. What makes mewtwo so scary is because he can immediately threaten anything with it's coverage and threaten to selfdestruct for a one for one trade on virtually anything. Thunder is the most important move on this set because it gets both Birds as i mentioned before. The other two hit more niche pokemon that it can cover(Fire blast for steels and Ice Beam for Zapdos, though Submission is another option for TTar.) Lol posting this at 3 in the morning but whatever, MONS IS LIFE!!!

Jolteon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Water
- Growth
- Baton Pass

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Self-Destruct

A very trolly BW2 core would be

This is a core to troll the hazard (spikes) heavy BW2 meta. It is not that this core has amazing synergy or whatever, but just that at least 1/2 of your team are immune to spikes while not weak to SR, making you can switch around easily despite the spikes haevy meta. That being said, Landorous-T is a viable SR user, Latias checks the threatening Kyogre, while Giratina-O bracket checks physical mons, so this core does have decent synergy overall. Ferrothron is a great partner to lay spikes so while your team is not taking much spikes damage, your opponent will suffer from it. Bronzong and any other levitate users are also good teammate so as to make your team immune to hazard damage. My sets are only for reference as the monsters are versatile and really just depends on what you prefer/like

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 164 HP / 148 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Last edited:
Oras.

+
+

This is a three feasible pokemon from xy core. Yveltal acts as a physical defense and checkea to boosters as Mega Mence and Arceus eKiller, Primal Groudon hits rocks and covers the weakness Xerneas and Primal Kyogre if you keep the sun and Arceus-Rock helps with Ho-Oh, one of the greatest present offensive of the tier. Arceus-Rock can also act as defoger but if you've already got spinner / defoger in the rest of the team can be used with Calm Mind rather than Defog.

Yveltal @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch / Toxic
- Taunt

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades / Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Roar

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog / Calm Mind

A very trolly BW2 core would be

This is a core to troll the hazard (spikes) heavy BW2 meta. It is not that this core has amazing synergy or whatever, but just that at least 2/3 of your team are immune to spikes while not weak to SR, making you can switch around easily despite the spikes haevy meta. That being said, Brozong and Landorous-T are both viable SR user, Latias checks the threatening Kyogre, while Giratina-O bracket checks physical mos, so this core does have decent synergy overall. My sets are only for reference as the monsters are versatile and really just depends on you prefer/like

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 164 HP / 148 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
Four pokemon aren't really considered a core since that's basically the entire team. The only thing to add at that point are just two more pokemon and there are only so many options when such a big portion of the team has already been decided.

Four pokemon aren't really considered a core since that's basically the entire team. The only thing to add at that point are just two more pokemon and there are only so many options when such a big portion of the team has already been decided.
I suppose I should just remove Bronzong as it is the most niche monster among the four and mention that other levitate monsters are good teammates. But anyway, thanks for the comment!

Edit: Changes were made

Last edited:
Added double primals to the OP. It's a pretty standard core that has been used throughout the metagame so I just decided to add it directly.

E: might add other standard cores that aren't yet in the OP at a later time if I decide. Updates will be announced.

UPDATED GEN 6 CORES!

All cores are now categorized into Hyper Offensive, Bulky Offensive, Balanced, or Stall. Some cores were also taken out in this process due to them not being quite viable in the current metagame. Give a HUGE thank you to Arii Stella for doing that as she pretty much did all of the work! Those cores look much cleaner now and it's a lot easier to find what you're looking for. I will personally do the same for the other generations if there becomes a point where there are enough cores to do so.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

These three work very well with the Primal Groudon on your team to the point where your last two slots are a fairly flexible when compaired to other team structures. The Arceus is either Water, in most cases, or Dragon in more niche areas. The set on Gengar is fairly flexible but you generally want Focus Blast in case Landorus needs to drop into E-killer's KO range and to have a fighting chance versus Tyranitar if Gengar is not also running Will-O-Wisp. The thing I like most about this core is how much Speed it brings to a balance team between Gengar and Choice Scarf Landorus-T.

Primal Groudon should accompany this no matter what, but outside of that, the other team members should consist of a Darkrai sleep absorber (Landorus can do this also), another Geoxern check, a Ground immunity, and a Dark resist.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Superpower / Sleep Talk

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball / Hex / Destiny Bond

Arceus @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Defog / Ice Beam

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader

Lucario destroys stall and Deo-A gives HO nightmares.

I have to expand more? Fine.

The number of good answers to Deo-A is about 4, on a good day, all of whom fit better on slower teams which cant deal with +2 Lucario, and give Lucario a fair amount of room to set up (ie on Bronzong/Dialga). The aim of using the two together is that the counterplay to each of them is so limited that the offensive pressure they exude is frighteningly effective. They also form a pretty powerful double priority to help keep threats like Xerneas in check, to say nothing of Deo-A's revenge killing capabilities towards anything slower than a Mewtwo-Y. They dont do much for the defensive synergy outside of the priority they provide, but these are not pokemon that are meant to fit on the next stall team you're looking to make, and you'll have 3 other slots left after you've added Pdon to the team with which you can cover most of the holes you need to.

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

OR/AS
Wonder Guard Core.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance / Sucker Punch

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Defog / Judgment

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

This core is something that I found playing and looking from replays, With the experience I have in ORAS, I've seen most of the teams running a Xerneas, Deoxys-Attack, and things that can't touch Shedinja, maybe lot of users will see Shedinja as a gimmick, but it works now again thanks to Magic Bounce / Defog support, Shedinja can anti lead Deoxys Attack, switch in Agaisn't Xerneas, Burn or Poison on switch, but It's still weak because hazzards, arceus, or Status Spreaders, So i found Sableye Mega was a perfect partner, erasing Arceus E-Killer, bouncing status from Lugia or klefki, hits hard Mewtwo, making a good defensive Synergy, and for last slot on the core, Arceus-Water was fine, because it checks Primal Groudon, Ho-oh and many threats like Salamence Mega and that.

As partners for the team, I recomend use a Fairy + Lati@s, because these Pokemon stops Dark Types and Primal Groudon easily and u have a defog slot which let Arceus Have Judgment to defeat Sand, Have fun.

Last edited:

ORAS Offensive Core.
EVs: 252 Def / 216 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Toxic
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Focus Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Mega gengar is a mega incredible evolution in the current metagame , it has a monstrous ability which helps disarm many teams most of the time and is easy to build using it teams , this time I present a common combination in the current metagame , but not all know the movements, for that reason I present below the how it works , Klefki is the key to the combination , as this can paralyze and poison opponents pokemon , using Mega Gengar and Giratina -O to hit hard with hex,
Mega gengar is defeated by Groudon Rock Polish , so Giratina -O is a good companion to eliminate this threat, but this core is defeated by Yveltal and Darkrai , and lack opportunities to paralyze or poison , so Klefki is perfect here because it stops the dark type and distributes status movements, making this core very powerful, the big enemy that needs to be erased for this core to work perfectly is Blissey and Chansey, because that thing can enter in and laugh in the player face.

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw

Shadow Tagged

This isn't an intuitive core but it works well. The basic concept is to abuse Wobbuffet to strengthen Gengar's impact. As you're using this core, you'll notice that you have so much more control over your opponent, since they literally can't do anything about what you're going to do. example combos: wobb into psong gengar, wobb into subhypno gengar, wobb into disable gar, wobb into taunt gar, and it goes on.

Wobb+Gengar also functions in Goth-like niche, since defoggers are forced to not hit Wobb or get killed, and if they don't attack, then Gengar comes in and traps defogger anyways.

The common dark weakness sucks but realistically, it's not that bad since Gengar can beat Dark types anyways. Wobb being an excellent Mewtwo check is a great thing, because Mewtwo trying to RK a Gengar is going to only end up in being trapkilled by Wobb.

You can even use Wobb to trap Tyranitar and give your Gengar a breathing room.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Cloyster + Mega Aerodactyl
A good lead combo for Toxic HO teams. Mega Aerodactyl may seem like an odd choice, but it has some really good niches. It is able to outrun most of the Pokémon in the current metagame including Darkrai in order to set SR or stop a Defog with Taunt. The decrease of stall is also helping it since Mega Sableye is the counter. Pairing it with Cloyster is making everything more effective since you spread passive damage with poison-damage while stopping the Defog.

A Ghost-Type Pokémon is mandatory for this core, because you need a spinnblocker to maintain your hazards. Also is a Xerneas check like Primal Groudon really useful. Furthermore is a cleaner + revenge killer another good choice. I will post a RMT around this core in the upcoming days.

This is a Balance core.The principal problem for Arceus-D is Xern.Scizor can check that,and make the road of arceus dark "clean".You can put in Scizor for forcing switch the opponents Xerneas.Arceus-Dark is a very good pokemon:can setup against many Pokemons(like TWave PDon,Arceus Ghost and Yveltal).This core has got a great sinergy.You can just put Arceus-Dark if your Scizor risk to be killed and vice versa.

The first thing i suggest is an Hazard setter,for making pressure for the Ho-Oh users(PDon can work very well).Another thing i suggest is a PDon check and physical tank(yveltal tank).

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- Toxic

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

I just discovered this thread, and noticed quite a few cores missing.
For now, I'll just mention one.

Cloyster + Xerneas

Can anyone tell me when they last saw a good Cloyster offense, that didn't have a scarf Xerneas on it?
I can probably think of one, maybe two solid builds that don't include it.
Cloyster provides great support by laying down layers of Toxic Spikes, while a scarfed Xerneas demolishes most offensive threats.
An offensive core that just does so well against hyper offensive that I'm wondering why nobody has mentioned it yet.

EDIT: I think Cloyster + Mega Aerodactyl is an incredibly innovative and good core. No disrespect to my friend Lacus Clyne or her core what so ever when I say this, but let's be honest.
It gets outclassed by the Cloyster + Xerneas combination, as it fits a lot easier on teams/builds, takes up no mega slot, and has, bar the matchup vs Poison types, just the better presence overall.
I'm not saying the Aero + Cloy core should be removed, but rather that if that core got accepted, then this one should be for sure.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)