Harvest

Custap berry with Modest LO Exeggutor seems to be a real threat primarily as it now moves first without the need of sunlight.

Tension Mewtwo will definitely keep Harvest Pokemon out of Ubers, not that any were headed there in the first place. It will also have something to say about the Sturdy/Cutsap Berry Explode/Endeavor crowd too.

This would be infinitely better if it got better distribution, as Tropius isn't all that good, an exeggutor wouldn't like losing chlorophyll.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This would be infinitely better if it got better distribution, as Tropius isn't all that good, an exeggutor wouldn't like losing chlorophyll.
Um... Tell that to the Trick Room Exeggutor out there. Even without use for this ability its better than Chlorophyll on a trick Room Team.

IIRC, Occa Berry gives an 80 Base Power Fire move when used with Natural Cure. This means that you could lose you Fire weakness on one of these Pokemon as well as having an 80 Base Physical Fire move to use against Steels.
I think you mean Natural Gift.

No but that's actually a really good point... courtesy of Harvest, Natural Gift is actually a viably useful Pokemon on the Harvesters. :O That's pretty cool.
Here's the list of what berries result in what powers of Natural Gift.

Some notable Natural Gifts:
- Liechi Berry grants an 80-BP Grass-type physical move. :O That would be fantastic for DD Tropius, and the actual effect of Liechi is great too.
- Salac is almost equally good, as an 80-BP Fighting move. (Don Honchkroerlone mentioned this one)
- Jaboca has some promise as an 80-BP Dragon move.
- Starf would be excellent for Exeggutor, granting it an 80-BP STAB Psychic move, and then there's the Protect-Starf strategy that was mentioned on the front page somewhere-- potentially very useful.

Having said all this, I think that LumRest is probably the best way to abuse this.

Well, it does fit better on a bulky pokemon than on a sweeper, and tropius is bulky (at least his base stats, can't say much about his typing).

With lum berry he can rest forever.

I was just thinking, what if for example dragonite could have harvest and multi-scales at the same time? The opponent is toxiced. Dragonite has sitrus berry, roost and multi-scales.

If dragonite roosts every turn, the enemy has to do 150% damage to go through it. If id does for example 140%, then first multi-scales halves it to 70%, then sitrus berry restores away 25% so the attack only did 45% damage, then dragonite roosts up. With bulky evs, that's amazing. Of course, no pokemon can have 2 abilities at once (technician + skill link chillachino lol)

Anyways, it makes tropius a bit better. Still no hope for uu though, I think not.

2 abilities at once... Scary thought. Overconfidence/Intimidate Warubiaru would be an insanely scary revenge killer. Weaken them when switching in, and destroy them with a normal attack or kill them on the predicted switch and nab an attack boost while you're at it... Damn, why would you mention having double abilities? I'll be spending all night thinking about killer ability combos instead of getting sleep... Thanks. Haha

2 abilities at once... Scary thought. Overconfidence/Intimidate Warubiaru would be an insanely scary revenge killer. Weaken them when switching in, and destroy them with a normal attack or kill them on the predicted switch and nab an attack boost while you're at it... Damn, why would you mention having double abilities? I'll be spending all night thinking about killer ability combos instead of getting sleep... Thanks. Haha
Most insane double ability: Ursaring.

Sorry for continuing derail.

Most insane double ability: Ursaring.

Sorry for continuing derail.
Yanmega too. And Sand Throw+Sand Power Doryuuzu as well.

On topic, this is probably my favorite new ability of Gen V, and is a massive buff for Tropius, who has always been a favorite of mine. I was hoping it might get an evolution this gen, but this is probably even better.

Yache Berry is also an option for bulky DD Tropius to take ice attacks and gives you access to a 60 bp ice move with Natural Gift (pretty weak unfortunately) but it does get near perfect coverage with Earthquake, with Roost for healing. Or you could just use Seed Bomb.

I also like the idea of Substitute/SD or Protect/Leaf Blade/Fly with Starf berry, getting multiple +2 boosts just by subbing, protecting, or flying. I think we're just beginning to scratch the surface of how amazing and versatile this ability is. It's probably a good thing more powerful Pokemon didn't get it.

It's really a shame Tropius didn't get an evolution with better typing, the poor bananasaur is 4x weak ice and Exeggutor (who is still awesome) is usable but 4x weak bug. Getting harvest on a defensively typed pokemon would have been amazing.

I'm kind of curious about doubles with Harvest though, I wonder if a PickUp pokemon can copy a berry that's being Harvested after use. Could be a unique gimmick.

Priority Sleep powder Exeggutor with Custap would be really cool:

Substitute
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Psychic/Giga Drain

It's pretty much a lower tiered version of Ereffun when the hp is low enough.

Defensive Eggy with a resistance berry would also be a great counter and could always surprise something with the extra coverage with 60 power physical (not great but could mess up something weak to it that resists regular stabs)

LumRest seems the way to go most of the time. And although I'm no LC player, how about Oran Exeggcute? It has 60/80/45 defenses, and can recover so much health every pinch activation.

I'm also curious as to what the chances of berry regeneration are. I'm guessing 50%, or maybe 30% like Shed Skin (which wouldn't be great).

Everyone is familiar with the resto chesto combo. If you give exxxegcutor curse and rest then 2 fillers. Seed Bomb is better then wood hammer on defensive pokemon and then a final move. Natural Gift is not a great option with a lum berry because its a 60 base power flying move but zen headbutt for STAB or nature power which is earthquake this generation gives him great coverage apart from bug and flying types. Either way with his special defense maxed out and a few curses up with an unlimited lum berry so you dont have to worry about some other status taking up your sleep immunity exxegcutor has great longetivity

Skill Swap this to a real Tank that can better abuse this, such as making Exeggutor use Endure + Custap Berry, then Skill Swap to a teammate.

That teammate can have any berry it wants to, such as a Kyogre with Starf.

Everyone is familiar with the resto chesto combo. If you give exxxegcutor curse and rest then 2 fillers. Seed Bomb is better then wood hammer on defensive pokemon and then a final move. Natural Gift is not a great option with a lum berry because its a 60 base power flying move but zen headbutt for STAB or nature power which is earthquake this generation gives him great coverage apart from bug and flying types. Either way with his special defense maxed out and a few curses up with an unlimited lum berry so you dont have to worry about some other status taking up your sleep immunity exxegcutor has great longetivity
I've used a set similar to that one, but I'm using Light Screen/SeedBomb/Rest/Curse. It's not amazing in OU wifi, but it easily sets up on unsuspecting walls that try to status it. By the time there's a switch u have a screen and a curse up. The set i'm running has the following EV spread if anyone cares: 252HP/98Atk/160SpD. I'm guessing there's a better EV spread to be found, but this one has worked well enough so far. I'm guessing that it could be a threat in the lower tiers, but it could never be a major threat do to the fact that this set is walled to hell and back by Herbivore pokes.

Fun as it is to think about, I don't think most berries are legal quite yet because someone over at Game Troll thought it was a good idea to ban all hold items from Gen IV transfers rather than just TMs.

I could be wrong, but that's what I've heard. Feel free to correct me if I am. And all this said, I'm looking forward to when it is legal.

It seems kinda silly, as other pokemon have abilities that grant the same things Harvest does, such as immunity to status, without costing you an item slot... Natural gift strategies also seem kinda silly, when you could just use hidden power, and it'd still be more powerful once you factor in life orb, expert belt, etc.

What I find interesting are the sitrus-stall recovery strategies and the sub-boost strategies. These could work very well if you had some decent recovery going and you got rid of any phazers on the opposing team...

It seems kinda silly, as other pokemon have abilities that grant the same things Harvest does, such as immunity to status, without costing you an item slot... Natural gift strategies also seem kinda silly, when you could just use hidden power, and it'd still be more powerful once you factor in life orb, expert belt, etc.

What I find interesting are the sitrus-stall recovery strategies and the sub-boost strategies. These could work very well if you had some decent recovery going and you got rid of any phazers on the opposing team...
Good point. For example, Custap abuse = a worse Mischievous Heart, Lum Berry = Shed Skin/Hydration, etc. The only really original one would be sub/Petaya/Leichi Berry.

You do forget that Natural Gift is Physical. That alone puts it apart from Hidden Power.

No Pokemon has an ability that makes it immune to all status, one or two, but not all. A Lum Berry achieves this, even against secondary status. Plus Natural Gift allows for 80BP physical moves instead of 70BP special moves from Hidden Power. While a Life Orb would make HP more powerful, the held berry also has an added effect the Life Orb doesn't.

If done right, the OP's infinite PP idea by abusing harvest + leppa berry can be pretty deadly (not to mention annoying). I used a baton pass chain to pass Speed, Defense and Special Defense boosts (so I wouldn't get owned by Priority) along with the obligatory Aqua Ring and Ingrain passing, and if Tropius can get in it's gg. An attacking move pretty much has to be used or else people can just keep switching and the game ends in a stalemate. Alternatively, you could use Entry Hazards, but I haven't looked too deeply into it. Sandstorm and Hail absolutely destroy this strategy, which is why I recommend putting Sunny Day on Tropius. Like a regular Baton Pass team, it's also quite hard to set up. Perish Song is also something to look out for, so something that can trap and kill Perish Song users (Shandera in Dream World, Dugtrio in Standard) is appreciated. Vaporeon can handle Aqua Ring passing, since with Smeargle your basically relying on spore getting a 3 turn sleep in order to get all those boosts in. This strategy needs a dedicated team to work, and even then it's only a gimmick, but yeah it can be pretty annoying to play against if done correctly.

Random 100+ turn Logs in case anyone's interested.

Code:
Battle between Player 2 and Player 1 started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +26, -5
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Player 1 sent out Ninjask!
Player 2 sent out Politoed!
The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

Start of turn 1
Ninjask used Protect!
Ninjask protected itself!

The foe's Politoed used Encore!

Rain continues to fall!
Ninjask's Speed Boost increases its speed!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
Ninjask used Baton Pass!
Player 1 called Ninjask back!
Player 1 sent out Espeon!

The foe's Politoed used Encore!
The foe's Politoed's Encore was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 3
Espeon used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised Player 1's team special defense!

The foe's Politoed used Boil Over!
Espeon lost 52 HP! (15% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Espeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 4
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Espeon lost 37 HP! (11% of its health)
Espeon was burned!

Rain continues to fall!
Espeon is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 5
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Espeon lost 25 HP! (7% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 6
Player 2 called Politoed back!
Player 2 sent out Manaphy!

Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 7
Espeon used Baton Pass!
Player 1 called Espeon back!

The foe's Manaphy used Calm Mind!
The foe's Manaphy's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Manaphy's Sp. Def. rose!

Player 1's light screen wore off!
Rain continues to fall!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 8
Ninjask used Substitute!
Ninjask made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!
Ninjask's Speed rose!
Ninjask restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9
Ninjask used Protect!

The foe's Manaphy used Surf!

Rain continues to fall!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 10
Ninjask used Baton Pass!
Player 1 sent out Vaporeon!

Vaporeon's Water Absorb made the attack useless!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 11
Vaporeon used Aqua Ring!
Vaporeon surrounded itself with a veil of water!

The foe's Manaphy used Energy Ball!
It's super effective!
Vaporeon's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 12
Vaporeon used Baton Pass!
Player 1 called Vaporeon back!

Rain continues to fall!
Aquaring restored Ninjask's HP.
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 13
Ninjask used Substitute!

Ninjask's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 14
Ninjask used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 15
Ninjask used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 16
Ninjask used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 17
Ninjask used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18
Ninjask used Protect!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
Ninjask used Substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 20
Ninjask used Protect!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 21
Ninjask used Substitute!

It's not very effective...
Ninjask's substitute took the damage!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 22
Ninjask used Baton Pass!
Player 1 sent out Smeargle!

Smeargle's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 23
Smeargle used Ingrain!
Smeargle planted its roots!

Smeargle lost 303 HP! (96% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Smeargle absorbed nutrients with its roots!
Aquaring restored Smeargle's HP.

Start of turn 24
Smeargle used Baton Pass!
Player 1 called Smeargle back!
Player 1 sent out Tropi-owned! (Tropius)

Tropi-owned lost 96 HP! (23% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Tropi-owned absorbed nutrients with its roots!
Aquaring restored Tropi-owned's HP.

Start of turn 25
Tropi-owned used Substitute!
Tropi-owned made a substitute!

Tropi-owned's substitute took the damage!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 26
Tropi-owned used Protect!
Tropi-owned protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 28

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 29

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 30

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 31

Rain continues to fall!
Player 2: omfg
Player 1: ?

Start of turn 32

Rain continues to fall!
Player 1: srrt

Start of turn 33

Rain continues to fall!
Player 1: srry

Start of turn 34

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 36

Rain continues to fall!
Player 2: dear god

Start of turn 37

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 38
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 39

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 40

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 41
But it failed!
Tropi-owned ate its Leppa Berry!
Tropi-owned's Protect's PPs are restored!

Rain continues to fall!
Tropi-owned's gained a Leppa Berry thanks to its Harvest!

Start of turn 42

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 43

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 44

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 45

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 46
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 47

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 48

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 49
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 50

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 51
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 52

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 53

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 54
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 55

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 56
But it failed!

Tropi-owned's substitute faded!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 57

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 58
Player 2 called Manaphy back!
Player 2 sent out Magnezone!

But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 59

The foe's Magnezone used Substitute!
The foe's Magnezone made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!
The foe's Magnezone restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 60

The foe's Magnezone used Thunder!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 61
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 62

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 63
But it failed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 64

The foe's Magnezone used Flash Cannon!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 65

The foe's Magnezone used Hidden Power!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 66

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 67

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 68
But it failed!

It's super effective!

Rain continues to fall!
Steinhauser is watching the battle.

Start of turn 69

It's super effective!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 70
Tropi-owned used Sunny Day!
The sunlight turned harsh!

The attack of the foe's Magnezone missed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 71

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 72

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 73

The sunlight is strong!
Steinhauser: 70 turns in and no KOs
Player 1: gj

Start of turn 74

The sunlight faded!
Player 2: yeah, he got like 6 protects in a row
Player 2: lucky fucker

Start of turn 75

Start of turn 76

Steinhauser: Haha holy shit

Start of turn 77
Player 2 called Magnezone back!
Player 2 sent out Kabutops!

But it failed!

Steinhauser: Leppa harvest

Start of turn 78

The foe's Kabutops used Rock Slide!

Start of turn 79

Start of turn 80
But it failed!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Kabutops is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 81

Tropi-owned avoided the attack!

Start of turn 82

Start of turn 83
But it failed!

It's super effective!

Start of turn 84
The foe's Kabutops used Aqua Jet!
A critical hit!
Tropi-owned lost 101 HP! (25% of its health)

Start of turn 85

Start of turn 86

The foe's Kabutops used Swords Dance!
The foe's Kabutops's Attack sharply rose!

Player 1: oh shoot

Start of turn 87
But it failed!

Start of turn 88
A critical hit!
Tropi-owned lost 217 HP! (53% of its health)

Player 1: gey double crit

Start of turn 89

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 90
Tropi-owned lost 55 HP! (13% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 91

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 92

The foe's Kabutops used Swords Dance!
The foe's Kabutops's Attack sharply rose!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 93

Tropi-owned already has a substitute.

The sunlight faded!

Start of turn 94

Steinhauser: That's a stupid moveset. How do you deal damage

Start of turn 95

Player 1: they struggle? lol?

Start of turn 96
A critical hit!
Player 2: on a baton pass team, you don't have to

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 97

It's super effective!
The foe's Kabutops fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Player 2 sent out Kingdra!

Player 1: yuh cossack has the point

Start of turn 98

The foe's Kingdra used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 99

The sunlight is strong!
Player 1: dd?

Start of turn 100

It's super effective!

The sunlight faded!
Player 2: specs

Start of turn 101

Player 1: oh

Start of turn 102

It's super effective!

Start of turn 103

Start of turn 104

It's super effective!

Start of turn 105

Start of turn 106
Tropi-owned's Substitute's PPs are restored!

It's super effective!

Start of turn 107

Start of turn 108
Player 2 called Kingdra back!
Player 2 sent out Ludicolo!

Steinhauser: lol leppa stall holy suck

Start of turn 109

The foe's Ludicolo used Ice Beam!

Player 1: yay 6-5

Start of turn 110
But it failed!

The foe's Ludicolo used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ludicolo is hurt by its Life Orb!

- Rage-quit -
Code:
Battle between Player 1 and Player 2 started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +17, -14
Rule: Freeze Clause

Player 2 sent out Machamp!

Start of turn 1
Ninjask used Substitute!

The foe's Machamp used Stone Edge!
It's super effective!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 2
Ninjask used Protect!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 3
Ninjask used Substitute!

It's super effective!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 4
Ninjask used Substitute!

It's super effective!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 5
Ninjask used Substitute!

It's super effective!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 6
Ninjask used Protect!

Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 7
Ninjask used Substitute!

It's super effective!

Start of turn 8
Ninjask used Protect!

The foe's Machamp used Bullet Punch!

Start of turn 9
Ninjask lost 66 HP! (20% of its health)

Ninjask used Baton Pass!

Start of turn 10
Player 2 called Machamp back!
Player 2 sent out Jirachi!

Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 11
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

The foe's Jirachi used Calm Mind!
The foe's Jirachi's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Jirachi's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 12
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 13
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 14
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 15
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Start of turn 16
Espeon used Baton Pass!

Start of turn 17
Smeargle used Spore!
The foe's Jirachi fell asleep!

The foe's Jirachi is fast asleep!

Start of turn 18
Smeargle used Substitute!
Smeargle made a substitute!

The foe's Jirachi woke up!
The foe's Jirachi used Thunderbolt!

Start of turn 19
Smeargle used Spore!

Start of turn 20

Start of turn 21
Smeargle used Spore!

Start of turn 22

Start of turn 23
Smeargle used Ingrain!

Start of turn 24
Smeargle used Spore!

Start of turn 25

It's super effective!
Vaporeon lost 180 HP! (38% of its health)

Vaporeon absorbed nutrients with its roots!
Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 26
Vaporeon used Aqua Ring!

It's super effective!
Vaporeon lost 196 HP! (42% of its health)

Aquaring restored Vaporeon's HP.

Start of turn 27
Vaporeon used Acid Armor!
Vaporeon's Defense sharply rose!

It's super effective!
Vaporeon lost 170 HP! (36% of its health)

Start of turn 28

Tropi-owned lost 105 HP! (26% of its health)

Start of turn 29

The foe's Jirachi used Psychic!

Start of turn 30

Start of turn 31

Start of turn 32

Start of turn 33

Start of turn 34

Start of turn 35

Start of turn 36

Start of turn 37

Start of turn 38

Start of turn 39

Start of turn 40

Start of turn 41

Start of turn 42

Start of turn 43

A critical hit!

Start of turn 44

Start of turn 45

Start of turn 46

Start of turn 47

Start of turn 48

Start of turn 49

Start of turn 50

Start of turn 51

Start of turn 52

Start of turn 53

The foe's Jirachi used Grass Knot!

Start of turn 54

Start of turn 55

Start of turn 56
Tropi-owned used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 24% of its health!

The foe's Jirachi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 57

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 58
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 38% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 59

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 60
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 38% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 61
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!

The sunlight faded!
Player 2 sent out Machamp!

Start of turn 62

Start of turn 63
Tropi-owned lost 29 HP! (7% of its health)

Start of turn 64

Start of turn 65
But it failed!

Start of turn 66
The foe's Machamp lost 49% of its health!

The foe's Machamp used DynamicPunch!

Start of turn 67

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 68
A critical hit!
Tropi-owned lost 131 HP! (32% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 69

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 70
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 71

The foe's Machamp lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Machamp fainted!

The sunlight faded!
Player 2 sent out Zapdos!

The foe's Zapdos is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 72
The foe's Zapdos lost 50% of its health!

The foe's Zapdos used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!

The foe's Zapdos restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 73

The foe's Zapdos used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 74
The foe's Zapdos lost 49% of its health!

The foe's Zapdos used Heat Wave!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 75
The foe's Zapdos lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Zapdos fainted!

Player 2 sent out Swampert!

Start of turn 76

The foe's Swampert used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Player 1's team!

Start of turn 77

The foe's Swampert used Waterfall!

Start of turn 78
The foe's Swampert lost 21% of its health!

The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 79
The foe's Swampert lost 22% of its health!

Start of turn 80
The foe's Swampert lost 21% of its health!

Start of turn 81
A critical hit!
The foe's Swampert lost 44% of its health!

Start of turn 82
The foe's Swampert lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Swampert fainted!

Player 2 sent out Gyarados!

Start of turn 83

The foe's Gyarados used Stone Edge!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gyarados is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 84

Start of turn 85

It's super effective!

Start of turn 86

Start of turn 87

It's super effective!
A critical hit!

Start of turn 88

The foe's Gyarados used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Gyarados's Attack rose!
The foe's Gyarados's Speed rose!

Start of turn 89

The foe's Gyarados used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Gyarados's Attack rose!
The foe's Gyarados's Speed rose!

Start of turn 90
The foe's Gyarados lost 26% of its health!

The foe's Gyarados used Waterfall!
A critical hit!

Start of turn 91

It's super effective!

Start of turn 92

It's super effective!

Start of turn 93

Start of turn 94

Start of turn 95

Start of turn 96

Start of turn 97
The foe's Gyarados lost 3% of its health!
The foe's Gyarados fainted!

Player 2 sent out Charizard!

Start of turn 98
The foe's Charizard lost 34% of its health!

The foe's Charizard used Fire Blast!
The attack of the foe's Charizard missed!

Start of turn 99
The foe's Charizard lost 35% of its health!

The foe's Charizard used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's Charizard is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 100
The foe's Charizard lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Charizard fainted!

Player 1 won the battle!
Player 2: GG

(Props to Player 2 for actually playing it out).
Code:
Battle between Player 1 and Player 2 started!

Tier: Wifi
Variation: +62, -27

Player 2 sent out Rampardos!
Player 1 sent out Vulpix!
The foe's Rampardos has Mold Breaker!
Vulpix's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Rampardos used Head Smash!
It's super effective!
Vulpix lost 17 HP! (94% of its health)
Vulpix hung on using its focus sash!
The foe's Rampardos is hit with recoil!

Vulpix used Disable!
The foe's Rampardos's Head Smash was disabled!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 2
The foe's Rampardos used Struggle!
Vulpix lost 1 HP! (5% of its health)
The foe's Rampardos is hit with recoil!
Vulpix fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Player 1: scarf eh

Start of turn 3
Player 2 called Rampardos back!
Player 2 sent out Barujiina!

Ninjask used Substitute!

The sunlight is strong!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 4
Ninjask used Protect!

The foe's Barujiina used Brave Bird!

The sunlight is strong!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 5
Ninjask used Protect!
But it failed!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Barujiina is hit with recoil!

The sunlight is strong!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 6
Ninjask used Substitute!

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!
Ninjask's Speed rose!

Start of turn 7
Ninjask used Baton Pass!

Vaporeon lost 121 HP! (26% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 8

The foe's Barujiina used Toxic!
Vaporeon was poisoned!

The sunlight is strong!
Vaporeon is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 9
Player 2 called Barujiina back!
Player 2 sent out Gengar!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 10
Vaporeon used Aqua Ring!

The foe's Gengar used Thunderbolt!
It's super effective!
Vaporeon lost 186 HP! (40% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 11

Espeon lost 112 HP! (33% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!
Aquaring restored Espeon's HP.

Start of turn 12
Player 2 called Gengar back!
Player 2 sent out Rampardos!

The foe's Rampardos has Mold Breaker!
Espeon used Psychic!
A critical hit!
The foe's Rampardos lost 96% of its health!
The foe's Rampardos fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Player 2 sent out Heatran!

The foe's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 13
Espeon used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised Player 1's team special defense!

The foe's Heatran used Lava Plume!
Espeon lost 109 HP! (32% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 14
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Espeon lost 79 HP! (23% of its health)
Espeon was burned!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 15
Espeon used Calm Mind!
Espeon's Sp. Att. rose!
Espeon's Sp. Def. rose!

Espeon lost 61 HP! (18% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 16
Espeon used Baton Pass!

Smeargle lost 102 HP! (32% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 17
Smeargle used Spore!
The foe's Heatran fell asleep!

The foe's Heatran is fast asleep!

Player 1's light screen wore off!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 18
Player 2 called Heatran back!
Player 2 sent out Ononokusu!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 19
Smeargle used Ingrain!

The foe's Ononokusu used Outrage!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 20

Tropi-owned lost 196 HP! (48% of its health)

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 21

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Ononokusu calmed down!
The foe's Ononokusu became confused!

Start of turn 22

The foe's Ononokusu is confused!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 23

A critical hit!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 24

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 25

It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Ononokusu lost 38% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 26

The foe's Ononokusu snapped out its confusion!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 27

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 28

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 29

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 30
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 31

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Ononokusu calmed down!
The foe's Ononokusu became confused!

Start of turn 32
Player 2 called Ononokusu back!

But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 33

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 34

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 35

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 36
But it failed!

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 37

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 38
Player 2 called Barujiina back!

But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 39

The foe's Gengar used Hidden Power!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 40
But it failed!

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 41

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 42

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 43

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 44

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 45

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 46

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 47

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 48

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 49

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 50

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 51

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 52

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 53

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 54

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 55

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 56

The sunlight is strong!
Player 1: umm... can you QQ now

Start of turn 57

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 58

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 59

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 60

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 61

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 62

The sunlight is strong!
Player 2: and your PPs?

Start of turn 63

The sunlight is strong!
Player 1: are getting recharged constantly

Start of turn 64

But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 65

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 66

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 67
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 68

The foe's Heatran woke up!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 69

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 70

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 71
But it failed!

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 72

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 73

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 74

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 75

The sunlight is strong!
Player 2: what is harvest?
Player 1: berrys get recycled
Player 1: after they're used

Start of turn 76

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 77

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 78

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 79

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 80

It's super effective!
A critical hit!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 81

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 82

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 83

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 84

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 85

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 86

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 87

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 88

The foe's Heatran used Earth Power!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 89

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 90
But it failed!

A critical hit!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 91

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 92

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 93

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 94

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 95
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 96

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 97
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 98

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 99
But it failed!

A critical hit!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 100

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 101

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 102
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 103

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 104
But it failed!

The foe's Heatran used Dragon Pulse!
A critical hit!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 105

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 106

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 107
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 108

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 109

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 110

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 111

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 112

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 113
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 114

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 115

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 116

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 117

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 118

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 119

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 120

The foe's Heatran used Substitute!
The foe's Heatran made a substitute!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 121

The foe's Heatran already has a substitute.

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 122

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 123
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 124
Player 2 sent out Ononokusu!

But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 125
Player 2 called Ononokusu back!

But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 126
Player 2 sent out Slowbro!

The foe's Slowbro lost 18% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Slowbro restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 127
Player 2 called Slowbro back!

The foe's Gengar lost 56% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 128
The foe's Gengar lost 43% of its health!
The foe's Gengar fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 129

But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 130
A critical hit!
The foe's Barujiina lost 51% of its health!

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 131

It's super effective!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 132
A critical hit!
The foe's Barujiina lost 4% of its health!
The foe's Barujiina fainted!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 133

The foe's Heatran made a substitute!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 134

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 135
But it failed!

The sunlight is strong!
- Rage-quit -
Harvest > Inconsistent

breh

強いだね
frankly that's not a very good way of proving its worth...

if you can get off a bp chain of Aqua ring and Ingrain at one time then you win in the first place with any fast poke with sub/protect.

You're playing n00bs also.

Custap berry with Modest LO Exeggutor seems to be a real threat primarily as it now moves first without the need of sunlight.
Lol what's a Custap Berry LO Exeggutor.

I really think that Harvest fits better on defensive sets. For example, SubSeed + Sitrus or Toxic staller with Rest + Chesto. Using Liechi/Petaya/Salac might work once in a while, but Exeggutor and Tropius are held back by pretty crap offensive stats and STAB coverage so I don't think they will work well. Unless someone has had success with Harvest sweepers? Please share.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)