Heliolisk moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys and gals. I need to refine my Heliolisk's moveset for my mono-NOR team.
Timid, Specs. I went for Specs over Life Orb as without it I can't 1HKO Keldeo with Volt Switch.
Volt Switch and Grass Knot are the two essential moves, but the remaining two are difficult choices. The choices are;
HP Ice (1HKO Landorus, Salamence etc, Dragonite after SR chip)
HP Fire (1/2HKO Scizor, Ferrothorn)
Surf (1HKO Excadrill, avoids being walled by Heatran)
Hyper Voice (decent STAB)
Dark Pulse and Focus Blast are other considerations.
If I go for HP FIR and Surf I get walled by dragons, but without HP FIR I get walled by Ferrothorn. At the moment HP Ice and Hyper Voice look like the best bet.
My other team members are Chansey, Lopunny, Porygon Z, Smeargle and Staraptor.
Thoughts?

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, welcome to Smogon! You cannot post a thread here without approval by either scpinion or I. Such questions are easily answered either in the Monotype room on PS! or in this thread.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As DEG said, welcome! New threads do need approval from the moderation team before being posted, though.

In addition to the thread DEG linked, you should check out Smogon's Monotype Hub and the various threads we have here in the sub-forum, such as our Viability Rankings, the EV and Sets Compendium, or the Team Building Concepts. There is a wide variety of useful information!

If you want to chat with other Monotype players head over the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown. There are always people around to test out a new idea or get some feedback on an existing team! We also host a variety of Monotype tournaments throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)