Heroes of the Storm [Gamers Welcome]

RODAN

Banned deucer.
I've been playing a lot of HotS lately due to the 2.0 patch and I want people to play with. If you dont know what Heroes is it's a moba by blizzard thats pretty braindead but also has more map diversity than others of its ilk.

this game may not be That popular compared to the League of legends and the DotAs but its a breath of fresh air and im really loving it.

i made a discord chat - if u wanna join it https://discord.gg/Bpaw6md

I've been playing a lot of hots lately and it's pretty great, I prefer the laning/hero progression mechanics this way because it's harder to lose at hero select and laning phase in other MOBAs is just a snoozer concept to me. I like that most maps force you to group within 3-4 minutes for the objectives and crossing the map is trivial in terms of time spent. Hero scaling isn't lopsided and most heroes contribute to teamfights at all points of the game, so you just have to worry about using your kit properly and doing your job as tank/dps/support

e: also cho'gall is the absolute best thing

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Over the past week or so i've had a really good time with this game. it's incredibly easy to pick up and play id even argue it's borderline braindead at times but behind its deceptive simplicity is quite a bit of strategy. i like the game's hero progression system since it manages to be intuitive and easy to wrap your head around without sacrificing too much customizability. the lack of complexity actually reduces a lot of the stress that i feel is present when i play other mobas which is a great thing because i can just boot up a game to relax. that's not to say it isn't ever stressful though because it certainly can be at times.

The game also has amazing value with daily quests that grant large sums of gold, a chest every time you level up a character and 20 free heroes right off the bat (!!) i think hots is a lot of fun, if you're interested be sure to join the discord and grab a few trial games with the rest of us.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
I've been playing this a fair amount for the D.Va stuff in OW, but I think I like HOTS enough for it to be something I play at least somewhat regularly.

Never played a moba before really, but this seems ok and less intimidating than others.

I play Abathur, Greymane, Lt. Morales, and Li-Ming mostly. They're all pretty fun, though I'm hoping I can pick up Auriel and D.Va at some point.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Damn finally some more ppl are playing this.

HMU at UltiMario#1194 if you want. I'm dec I guess. Did Heroes of the Dorm this year and our team was 1 game from making it into the bracket. So close but so far.

This guy looks so awesome. That infinite push ult is insane lol

I'm not sure about him being a solo support tho. He only has 1 heal/mitigation ability (+ Trait which is an extension of his Q). Looks like he'll be a lot stronger in double support comps with all of the CC he offers.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

This guy looks so awesome. That infinite push ult is insane lol

I'm not sure about him being a solo support tho. He only has 1 heal/mitigation ability (+ Trait which is an extension of his Q). Looks like he'll be a lot stronger in double support comps with all of the CC he offers.
stuvok is really cool. i think the way he's designed he'll have a tough time actually competently function as a "solo support" since the only hard cc he possesses is on his two heroic abilities of which he can only choose one. stuvok would probably be pretty mediocre without his trait bio-kill switch (love saying that) which manages to salvage what would otherwise be a really meh hero. stuvok's trait is the bread and butter of his kit without a doubt as it substantially boosts his damage output and makes his already alright heal great.

also, as an afterthought i could watch this guy's knockback ult for days without getting bored of it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So Recreant got me to play this last night, and it was pretty fun. I've never played a MOBA before and was kind of flailing around trying to get used to the controls, but I think I did okay.

I'm personally kind of torn on whether to play Heroes of the Storm. I've tried DotA and League of Legends and I quit them quickly because I could not enjoy them, but the massive Blizzard crossover that happens here (as well as those "complaints" that this game is too casual and easy) makes me think I could give it a go...

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
I think the game would be significantly more popular if it came out earlier. I think it was just a little late to the market. I like it a lot better than DotA and league though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)