Hey mon, nickname your Pokémon! - a Gligar Giveaway (Gen VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a continuous giveaway, please don't lock mods

Hello and welcome to my first giveaway, a giveaway to celebrate the wonderful feature of nicknames!

One of the wonders of Pokémon is how it allows for emotional connections to be made with a bunch of bits by various means, the more venerable of this means being nicknames, lots of people limit themselves to only nicknaming pokemon they use in-game without bothering to name those they use for competitions, wondertrade or yes, even gifting to others on giveways!

And as firm believer that all pokemon deserve a nickname, this thread was made to rectify that
and in order to do this I'll be giving away:

5IV Immunity Gligar in a Moon Ball, all are Jolly natured with Baton Pass and Cross Poison as egg moves
all Males are nicknamed Bleck
all females are nicknamed Raspberry
all pokemon where bred by me and are 100% redistributable

These names where picked because I found that many people have trouble with what to name their pokemon, and one of the easiest methods to find inspiration is simply to look at a pokemon's appearance and think what it reminds you of
in this case Gligar's most famous expression inspired these nicknames

Raspberry being both a common name for that expression and a cutesy vaguely feminine name
Bleck a reference to both the onomatopoeia "bleh" and Count Bleck, the bat like villain from Paper Mario

Rules
  • Deposit a low level pokemon on the GTS, all pokemon must be nicknamed
  • Nicknames should not be offensive, requests that put pokemon with offensive nicknames will be ignored this includes nicknames that reference political events, don't deposit a pokemon named Trump or Obama or Holocaust or something similar;
  • Specify the species, level and gender of the pokemon you deposited
  • Your in game name
  • The gender of the pokemon you want
  • Please make sure to request a level of 1 to 10
  • Have the message "I want to trade for one of your precious Pokémon you've given a nickname to."
  • If you want a specific nickname for your pokemon please put it in your request don't ask me to give you a pokemon without a nickname
  • If you get snipped feel free to put another pokemon in the GTS
  • Please be patient, I'm just one person

Last edited:
Deposited: Lv.25 Female Alolan Persian nicknamed Karma
IGN: Neko
Gender Wanted: Female

Thanks so much for this very creative giveaway! :)

EDIT: Redeposited again! See if they'll eat this >.> (also guys, pls never use breedjects as GTS fodders)

Last edited:
Deposited: Level 8 Male Slowpoke (Arlin)
IGN: Alex

Thanks for a pretty cool and unique giveaway!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Deposited a lvl 5 female wingull named CakeBaby (it evolves into a pelican, and the New Orleans Pelicans Mascot is a king cake baby)
Ign Atharv
Want a female if possible

Last edited:
Deposited: Lv.1 Male Swinub nicknamed PorkPuff

EDIT: Redeposited, apparently my pet doggo was too popular so I'm gonna use my dinner from last night, bon appetit! (note my pork did NOT have hair on it)
Snipped again D:
people are hungry for you pokemon :<

Deposited: Lv.25 Female Alolan Persian nicknamed Karma

EDIT: Redeposited again! See if they'll eat this >.> (also guys, pls never use breedjects as GTS fodders)
Sent! :3

Deposited: Level 1 Male Popplio (Arya)
IGN: Doobzi
Gender Wanted: Male
Nickname Wanted (if Applicable): Karma

I threw in the nickname I'd like but I'm ok with yours too :) Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Deposited: Level 1 Male Popplio (Arya)
IGN: Doobzi
Nickname Wanted (if Applicable): Karma

I threw in the nickname I'd like but I'm ok with yours too :) Thank you so much.
Karma has been sent :3
also don't worry about it personalized nicknames is what the tread is all about

Hello, nice idea for the giveaway!!

May I request a female Gligar with the nickname: Serket.
I deposited a male Toucannon lvl 33 with the nickname : Garuda.
My IGN is "Tidus"

Last edited:
Deposited: Lv. 10 Female Alolan Rattata
Nicknamed: Mustachio
IGN: Dylan
Gliscor Gender: Female

Thanks, cool giveaway.

Last edited:
Deposited: Lv. 22 Staryu nicknamed Carita ( A beautiful beach in my country that I love to visit)
IGN: Sherry

Thank you very much for the giveaway! It's nice to know someone else also loves giving their pokemon nicknames :)

Deposited: Lv. 22 Staryu nicknamed Carita ( A beautiful beach in my country that I love to visit)
IGN: Sherry

Thank you very much for the giveaway! It's nice to know someone else also loves giving their pokemon nicknames :)
Sent

Could I please get a female Gligar?

Deposited a level 10 male Cutiefly nicknamed Astronomy, IGN is Almedha.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Last edited:
Deposited: lv 15 female Cutiefly named "Fly Girl"
IGN: Shaddie
Gender wanted: Male

What a clever idea! I sadly don't nickname everything but some I have - Blastoise named Crush, Swampert named Kipper, and my Alolan Marowak named Poi. I have a couple I've received with nicknames in trades - my favorites are a shiny Alakazam named "CerealKiller" and a Smogon trade for "Fly-Gon Jinn". Bluemew. also did a horror movie nicknamed giveaway which was fun too!

Deposited: lv 15 female Cutiefly named "Fly Girl"
IGN: Shaddie
Gender wanted: Male

What a clever idea! I sadly don't nickname everything but some I have - Blastoise named Crush, Swampert named Kipper, and my Alolan Marowak named Poi. I have a couple I've received with nicknames in trades - my favorites are a shiny Alakazam named "CerealKiller" and a Smogon trade for "Fly-Gon Jinn". Bluemew. also did a horror movie nicknamed giveaway which was fun too!
Sent
nice nicknames, I specially like Poi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)