Programming HG/SS ASM hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm Half shadow, I'm a new user, I want to fix some errors in HG/SS and I need of help 'cause the research is stopped... I want to fix the pokégear 'cause the function to delete the contacts (like in original G/S/C) is missing. I know that the memory is illimitate, but is tedious receive calls from youngster Joey. The function have to work like in G/S/C, you can't delete important contacts like Mum and profs and when you delete a number clear the flag, then you don't receive calls and when you return to the NPC that added the number the NPC re-ask you to add again.

And I want also to restore the japanese version slot machines. Could be done I think, I want to keep also the Voltorb flip to use it as a second game corner game like in original G/S/C, if not possible I want to replace with the original slots.

Someone can help me please? HG/SS not are fully supported like GEN III games...

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These are not "errors" because the games were designed the way that they are for whatever reason the devs had in mind. Since there is no indicator that deleting contacts or playing Voltorb Flip exist in the game, the lack on them is intentional and therefore not a bug or a glitch. If you want to totally revamp a commercial game, you had better learn the architecture of the DS and learn to program. That's about as much help as I can give you without getting myself an infraction so do with that as you will.

Are "errors" 'cause in the original G/S/C these feature were different, I was not very accurate to said this. XD However there were also very errors, like musics that re-started when you entered in maps with the same music. But I already fixed this.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They're not errors because they are completely different games. That would be like saying that the slots in FR/LG are errors because they have different designs, or the bike speed is different, or the screen has different resolution, I could go on.

They're different games, and these edits are completely outside of the scope of Smogon which deals with competitive Pokemon. Also, no one is going to do anything for you in this forum; the point is to have a project that's already started and somewhat functional, and a repository (optional) for people to contribute. The rules state this pretty clearly, and you should do some lurking (aka looking at pretty much every open thread in this forum) so you know how the forum works.

OrdA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)