SM Ubers Hot N Cold Peaked #1 93.8% GXE 1901 Elo

Introduction:
Can Anyone Be Perfect? the answer is No. Through The time Many People tried to reach Perfection , But Still We never Found Someone Who Admit Being Perfect Even If He looks so To us . Today , I Present Myself As the One who Admits Being Imperfect . I am Holy Break . And As a member of Heavenly Dragon Gods , I am Glad to Present for you Today a Team That i Made recently Around Arceus-Steel . A Pokemon That is Underrated In Ubers Meta. The Team Is Named Hot N Cold .Some of You would say Why would i choose such a name . Well The answer is pretty simple while i was Building this Team , I was haring The Following song :

Teambuilding Proccess
After Playing Some Anything Goes games , I liked Steelceus and I Wanted To Build Around It.

Then I added Ho-oh To Make sure I do not get walled by either Skarmory Or Celesteela Since i Have chosen Physical set.

Looking at Ho-oh And Steelceus , They both lose to Groudon Not only that but also The 4x weakness of ho-oh to rocks made me think About Something That Does This job .For that I went Defensive Defog Salamence-Mega .

Those three Together Just lose to Standard geomancy xerneas and i needed my rock setter as well, Therefore , primal groudon was an obvious choice.

At this Stage , I felt Like Darkceus and Yveltal Could be Big Problems .For that I went Xerneas As i wanted a Bulky Offense Build and magearna would Make it more of a balance.

So Far, I was Looking for team weaknesses As i always struggle with the last slot . And as Ghost resist this gen is a must due to things such as lunala , i added scarf Yveltal In order to handle in addition to lunala , Psypam teams .

In Detail:
Arceus-Steel @ Steelium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

- Stone Edge

The Base Of this team, I have gone with physicall set Since Calm mind Version is Walled By ho-oh Which is pretty Common in Ubers .So Basically , I was planning To Build A version That Lets Steelceus Act As a Late game sweeper . I went for Stone edge Over Extreme Speed since i really dont see a valid reason when Stone edge Lures ho-oh , One of its main checks . Earthquake hits Fire types such as Primal Groudon hard, preventing them from freely switching in and as well as allowing Arceus-Steel to check Mega Lucario.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire

- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

- Sleep Talk

I couldn't resist Not using this Mon since Choice Band Brave Bird hits pretty hard, 2HKOing most of the tier .Not Only That but As well as Having access to Sacred fire which covers Steel types and weakens checks with its 50% burn rate. Earthquake Is mainly For tyranitar and Arceus-Rock, as for the last move i went for sleep talk as an emerngency In case of things such as Z-hypnosis lunala and as ho-oh does not have a better option.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature

- Defog
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Body Slam
Salamence Is My Main Groudon And Ekiller Switch in As this set really Helps My team . Defog Is For Hazard Controll In order to keep Ho-oh Healthy And able to do what its supposed to do.Dragon-Tail helps checking Ekiller And Double Dance Groudon While Body Slam Got a 30% Paralyze chance which is Really A life saver cripling most of the pokemons that comes in salamence such as ice beam groundceus or waterceus . The evs Spread allow me to outspeed jolly groudon while the rest in Defense and Hp since i need to tank Hits In order to get a defog/dtail.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

I went With The Standard defensive rocks groudon. It can Consistenly Set up Rocks Many Times thanks to its solid defense.The evs Spread allows it to check Geomancy xerneas and primal Kyogre. Toxic Is another Option over lava plume to cripple groudon checks such as giratina-o or supportceus since i already have ho oh to check steel-types.

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast

- Aromatherapy

- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I went with Specs Xerneas set because xerneas and arceus-steel shares alot of checks allowing xerneas to hit hard and weaken Steelceus checks for a late game sweep i didnt go for focus blast because i dont see what it covers other than what the set i ran checks while the evs spread allow it to tie with max speed yveltal and outspeed jolly don

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 232 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play
- U-turn

The HP and Defense EVs make sure that Yveltal will always survive a +2 Extreme Speed from Ekiller if salamence fails checking it while 240 Speed EVs allow Yveltal to outspeed anything slower than Modest Scarf Lunala.U-turn Helps in case you expect a switch so that you gain more momentum as Foul Play OHKOes Arceus, Primal Groudon after a swords dance .Oblivion Wing is Yveltal's best option that provides a means of recovering since i run scarf while Dark Pulse is the chief STAB move for power and reliability allowing it to check things such as mewtwo-y and lunala.

Importable
Holy Break (Arceus-Steel) @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

FireBurn (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Antacool (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Body Slam

Isap (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Mysterious M (Xerneas) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

KyogreF4N (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play
- U-turn
Importable V2
Arceus-Steel @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 Def / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Xerneas @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play
- U-turn
Shoutouts:
Mysterious M : You are the best man helped me from the beginning back on po times i really apreciate
KyogreF4N : had fun playing with you (stop haxing)
Velvet Blood : You sucks jk can we talk about akame ga kill again lol
Antacool : long time didnt see you man where are you
ImIsaP : one word ,noob ;)
hyw : i gotta love you hywed sets thanks for all the help man
WhiteLion : ughh my myc works your computer sucks lol
CKW : you are doing a great work man keep on
LucosDICampos : Where is the banner i requested :C
Transcendent God Champion : the best stall user i have ever seen thanks for helping me with this rmt man :)
Melle2402 : you are still great for me
Minority : thanks for buying me in upl i really appreciate got the experience even if we didnt make a good record

Hope You Enjoyed My Rmt And see you in Another RMT maybe ,Peace.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The principal behind doing a SD Arceus-Steel + Xerneas team is fine, but I don't understand this trend of stacking up all these SR weaks together. More than half of the Ho-Oh teams I'm seeing posted these days are horribly weak to hazards because they insist on pairing a quad SR weak with Yveltal and sometimes even another SR weak. This team is no exception, and it's even worse due to the fact that your only anti-hazard mon is in of itself weak to SR. For a move that is used literally every game, you have to address being weak to it.

The options vs. offensive hazard leads aren't bad, but that doesn't mean you stop them from getting their SR. Outside of Scarf Yveltal, this team also isn't all that great at taking momentum from HOs. Ironically the team is weak to standard Geo Xern as you only have one true check, which is susceptible to residual and needs to come into play to set SR. Arceus-Steel is outsped and OHKOed by Focus Blast, the Ho-Oh set is outsped and OHKOed by Thunder. The defense against Primal Kyogre is not good, which either just gets the chip it wants on Primal Groudon or slaughters something every time its vs. Primal Groudon. Opposing Ho-Oh is able to pressure Mega Mence, which is already damage prone since you have to rely on it for anti-hazard and is SR weak. It becomes increasingly apparent that offense teams with SR down can get damage where they want it, then bust through: see EKiller vs. Yveltal, Xerneas vs. Primal Groudon, RP Primal Groudon vs. Mega Mence, etc.

This team has to fix how it wages the hazard war and how it's impacted by SR. Mega Mence needs to be replaced with a Defogger that is not SR weak or relegated to checking Ho-Oh, which pretty much only leaves Giratina-O as the Arceus form is being used. This is where it becomes tricky because Arceus-Steel isn't much help when it comes to role compressing - it checks Mega Mence that lack Earthquake and Z Geo Xern, that's about it. Two other options are going HO with this team and not bothering with anti-hazard, or trying to fit Spikes. When this team tries to go HO using Mega Salamence, it becomes hard to justify Arceus-Steel over EKiller. Going defensive results in Arceus-Steel and Specs Xern being paired with stuff that gives up even more momentum to the opponent.

I'm not fond of either of these results, so trying to keep this BO is likely the best solution, assuming you're going to keep using Arceus-Steel + Specs Xern. A team of Arceus-Steel, Xerneas, Primal-Groudon, Yveltal, Primal Kyogre, and Giratina-O is a structure that might be workable, but is still about as weak to Geo Xern as the squad is current. It's difficult to cover Geo Xern well with this team because most of the best checks, Steel-types, create redundancy with Arceus-Steel and increase problems with Ho-Oh. You could use Mega Gengar over Giratina-O, but this comes at a cost of no Defog and being worse off against RP Primal Groudon. If you keep Mega Mence instead of Yveltal then checking Lunala becomes more difficult (and you lose some utility vs. offense against like Deo-A, slower phys set up sweepers, hazard leads), but something like Tyranitar could be workable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)