SM OU I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance (Peaked at 1853)

Do you know what I mean?

• Total voters

Hey guys, Mace here again. After months of being on and off with S/M, I've finally made an alright fun team for the metagame and went pretty far with it. And since I had fun making a thread back at the end of ORAS, I decided to share with you guys. So let's get started.

Carly Rae (Medicham-Mega) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch/Thunder Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Mega Medicham is great this gen. I wasn't that huge on it last gen but this gen it definitely proved it's worth and won my respect. In terms of set, I run adamant because that extra attack lets Medi grab more kills (i.e. it has a high chance to ohko magearna, ohkos defensive and yache lando at -1, etc,). I prefer Bullet punch because most people don't expect it with Fake Out and it helps since I need the extra speed control.

Joe (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough

I haven't had Mimikyu for long (in fact by the time this post comes up, I've probably only had it for less than 24 hours) but it works great with this team. The night before I lost a lot of points on the ladder just fooling around (around 200-250 points) which is normal when I play mons for long periods of time. I then decided to put my favorite gen 7 mon on the team. And it has improved this team's winrate greatly. I don't think I lost a game with this team beside against webs in an OU room tour. The overall set is generic and even tho I personally prefer life orb on my Mimikyu, I really didn't want to take life orb damage in a meta where spikes are common and overall great.

Tino (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Lando is basically a must in this gen like it always has been. I know ABR was talking about how max attack and hp lando destroys stall,which it absolutely does. But the main purpose Lando serves in this team is of course rocks and to take a hit and slow turn into either Hoopa and Medicham and get a kill. That's why it runs basically no speed and knock off over to get rid of leftovers on Celesteela or Tangrowth's item so that other members can win.

E•Mo•Tion (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Back when I first created this team, I really wanted to use Hoopa and I wanted it to hit hard. Specs Hoopa is great in this meta. It basically 2hkos the entire meta. There isn't a game where Hoopa wouldn't put in work. What dark pulse doesn't 2hko focus blast or psyshock does. This thing is an absolute monster and I can not stress that enough.

Try not to feel it (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Like I mention before spikes in great in this meta. The lack of viable defoggers (besides mew) really make spikes super dangerous. I run 2 attack Ferro since rain is somewhat common this gen and power whip ohko mega Swampert which can be a problem.

More than a friend (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Glare

And finally Zygarde. Zygarde is as great this gen as underwhelming it was last. Being able to spam a ground type move with no risk is great. Whenever I see it, I think it has low attack but outrage can also collect a lot of kills which is something that I think everyone including me forgets. E-Speed is extremely necessary on this team. With no scarfer and having a pokemon that only reaches 320 speed as my fastest mon, the +2 priority prevents me from straight up losing to mons faster than base 100. And finally I run glare over toxic because while I call this team balanced its definitely more biased on the offensive side and speed control is much more important than toxic chip.​

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam

So before I had Mimikyu on the team, Joe use to be a Tapu Koko. The original strategy I had with this team was to volt turn either into Hoopa or Mega Medi and go on from there. I was able to reach the 1800s with him but I realized that all Koko was doing for me is get rid of psychic terrain which is a big problem for my team since I have no scarfer.

The only real threat I consider to this team is Tapu Lele. Psychic terrain is an insane ability stopping Zygade or Mega Medi from revenge killing. And once Ferrothorn is gone I don't have any switch ins. Scarf is probably the biggest threat but specs can and will hurt if you switch out predicting scarf. But with Mimikyu over Koko, the match has definitely gotten easier.

With Tapu Koko gone, I no longer have a flying resist and if I'm not careful I could be swept end game by it since it outspeeds everything on my team. But can be handled as long as Mimikyu doesn't get busted, Medi dies or can't used fake out and or if it isn't low enough for Zygarde to kill with E-speed (which sin't hard).

Oh Greninja. What team isn't weak to Gren. It, like most other threats to this team, outspeeds the team. Specs non-Ash 3hkos Ferro with dark pulse, and protean is somewhat unpredictable. It's definitely a threat when paired with Lele, as my usual way to beat it is with Fake Out+ E-Speed.

Carly Rae (Medicham-Mega) (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Joe (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough

Tino (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

E•Mo•Tion (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Try not to feel it (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

More than a friend (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Glare

Last edited:
i think you should take out either hoopa or zygarde for a scarfer because your team is very slow and you don't need to specs/band users. other than that it seems like a good team

Hey man, cool team you got here. I like the core medicham-mega + zygarde CB. But I've seen some weaknesses that can be filled. First, you only have one water resist that can cause problems if your ferro is break down. Also, as paoisd said, your team is pretty slow and it's hard to revenge kill some choice scarf users or something else with a high speed. This team is really weak to Scizor because you have nothing to revenge kill it after SD. And last thing, I think, it is too focused on Zygarde since it is your only way to switch into fire types, etc.

So, I propose that to change
to
. It allows you a way to check Scizor and Bisharp and a second fire / water resist. Also, with the choice scarf, it's a way to revenge kills a lot of faster mons like ash gren, tapu koko, etc.

That
's spread is not useful, like you have medicham + zygarde for wallbreaking. It's also a free setup for another lando-t. So, I suggest to you the classic defensive spread. Hp ice hits bulky grounds.

That
's spread can be a lot better. I think you need some SpD to take tapu lele, gengar, greninja, etc. So, I suggest to you a mixed defensive spread. It makes it easier to take damages from lele, aka the top1 threat.

Anyway, the team looks good.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball / Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)