Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you need help with?
I was planning on using my brothers 3DS to help check my eggs, but I can't get it to work.

-I DLd and installed WinPcap (do I still need this for it?) and got the InstacheckHotspot program up and shows blank fields.
-I chose the WiFi both connections were using (laptop also connected to this same WiFi too) from the dropdown above "Start Scanning"
-I got online on both systems and initiated a trade with the other.
-I clicked "Start Scanning".
-Chose a Pokemon from my 3DS but nothing shows up on the Pokechecker :<

I assume the problem is that 3+ other things around the house using the WiFi too or I did something in the wrong order, or just completely missed something. Reply and bold/edit the changes I need to make please :u

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was planning on using my brothers 3DS to help check my eggs, but I can't get it to work.

-I DLd and installed WinPcap (do I still need this for it?) and got the InstacheckHotspot program up and shows blank fields.
-I chose the WiFi both connections were using (laptop also connected to this same WiFi too) from the dropdown above "Start Scanning"

I assume the problem is that 3+ other things around the house using the WiFi too or I did something in the wrong order, or just completely missed something. Reply and bold/edit the changes I need to make please :u
"How I get my Instacheck Standalone to "work" if when I stat a scan using the hotspot created by connectify it scans the pokemon that the othe trainer has and shows them on the right side. when I scan using my shared internet (mine is my wireless card) it shows MY pokemon on the right hand side. However, I have to flip flop between scanned connections to be able to see their pokemon then my own."

"How I get my Instacheck Standalone to "work" if when I stat a scan using the hotspot created by connectify it scans the pokemon that the othe trainer has and shows them on the right side. when I scan using my shared internet (mine is my wireless card) it shows MY pokemon on the right hand side. However, I have to flip flop between scanned connections to be able to see their pokemon then my own."
So if I understand correctly it sounds like I won't be able to have both trainers info up at the same time?

Esmeya

So if I understand correctly it sounds like I won't be able to have both trainers info up at the same time?
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :( Both DS's don't need to be on the 'instacheck' connection though.

I've gotten this to work, using my 3DS on the hotspot and my husband's on our wifi. If you're not seeing anything in Instacheck, it's not that you can't do it, it's something to do with the connection. Have you allowed sharing on your wifi network AND used the command prompt step in the first post of this topic? I can have my laptop, my husband's laptop, his DS, our PlayStation (playing Netflix) and the desktop all connected to the WiFi without issues, so it's not a heavy load issue, as far as I can tell.

Sometimes, too, I just have to stop and restart my hotspot and reconnect to it, and, magically, I can see data. Instacheck is a fiddly sort of program. I usually test it with a wonder trade before I go booting up the second DS.

I've gotten this to work, using my 3DS on the hotspot and my husband's on our wifi. If you're not seeing anything in Instacheck, it's not that you can't do it, it's something to do with the connection. Have you allowed sharing on your wifi network AND used the command prompt step in the first post of this topic? I can have my laptop, my husband's laptop, his DS, our PlayStation (playing Netflix) and the desktop all connected to the WiFi without issues, so it's not a heavy load issue, as far as I can tell.

Sometimes, too, I just have to stop and restart my hotspot and reconnect to it, and, magically, I can see data. Instacheck is a fiddly sort of program. I usually test it with a wonder trade before I go booting up the second DS.
I think my problem is I don't have the hotspot? I clicked the second link thinking I didn't need a hotspot :v

I think my problem is I don't have the hotspot? I clicked the second link thinking I didn't need a hotspot :v
I don't think you can use Instacheck without some sort of hotspot. You don't have to use the built in one, but I haven't had any success trying to run it just off of my home wifi connection.

Try the Instacheck with integrated Hotspot, following all of the instructions in the first post, then come back if you need help! :)

I don't think you can use Instacheck without some sort of hotspot. You don't have to use the built in one, but I haven't had any success trying to run it just off of my home wifi connection.

Try the Instacheck with integrated Hotspot, following all of the instructions in the first post, then come back if you need help! :)
I don't have an Ethernet cable, but I do have an old wired desktop that runs XP. Could I download and install everything on that old computer and use the WiFi signal it transmits as a hotspot? Or does it still not work with XP?

Esmeya

I don't have an Ethernet cable, but I do have an old wired desktop that runs XP. Could I download and install everything on that old computer and use the WiFi signal it transmits as a hotspot? Or does it still not work with XP?
I personally don't think it's worth trying to run it on XP, the few people who came by who tried never had success, but you can surely try. Since you only need the Wi-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)