General Introduce yourself!

Uh, hey there. Being introverted is hard...

Hektor's the name, and I've always been intrigued by competitive Pokemon, although my attempts at building up some prowess haven't really done much so far.

Pokemon-related: I'm a Nuzlocker, and of course I'm super hyped for Pokemon Sun and Moon. My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, followed closely by Swampert and Vaporeon; my favorite game of the series so far is a tough call, but I'll have to go with my first: Ruby.

Miscellaneous other things: I'm super into music, and have been expanding my repertoire of gaming experience beyond Pokemon recently (only took me six years or so lol). Other favorite games include historical RTS like Age of Empires and Rise of Nations, Civ, The Stanley Parable, and Undertale.

I certainly hope to enjoy my stay here, and I wish y'all the best!

Hello, everyone! I'm Devin, though I've mainly been going by Diablo since my junior year in high school. I'll be 20 in July.

I've been a gamer ever since discovering ATV Offroad Fury on PS2 at the age of 6. I didn't actually start playing Pokemon until I was 12, but during the early 00's, my buddies and I were heavily into the anime. My first Pokemon game was technically Silver (even though the only thing I did was briefly browse the options screen!), but the first title that I actually played through was Blue. The sheer simplicity of Gen 1 was enough to get me hooked on the series, so my brother and I began collecting the main series games up to the most recent release at the time (which was D/P if I'm remembering correctly). I usually like to go through "phases" of playing Pokemon that last around 3 months a year, though I play the games sporadically throughout the year anyway. Since it's the 20th anniversary of the franchise, I'm in the middle of a Pokemon kick with my New 3DS. The games I'm currently playing through on it are Red, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, White 2, and Omega Ruby. Needless to say, I'm having a blast!

The other passion in my life is music. I usually gravitate towards New Wave/Synthpop, Progressive Rock, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, 60's/70's Soul/R&B, and pretty much anything from the 80's (except for Hair Metal). To give a general idea of my tastes, my favorite artists are Rush, Genesis, Yes, Judas Priest, Robert Plant, The Police, Queensryche, ZZ Top, Heart, Santana, Duran Duran, Triumph, Olivia Newton John, Led Zeppelin, Kajagoogoo, Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Iron Maiden, and Phil Collins. There are many other artists that I'd like to add to that list, but then I'd be here all day!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I'm looking forward to posting more often in the future!

Hello everyone!

My name is Balandrick as you can see and I started playing Pokemon back in the OG days.
Funny story: the first time I ever played Pokemon was when I borrowed my sister's boyfriend's Red version. He had a high level Charizard and I was walking in viridian forest and I ran into a Caterpie and I knocked it out and spent so long searching for my new Pokemon. I needed the lesson on catching Pokemon from the grumpy old man.

But yeah started playing showdown back in early XY. Been stalking forums and decided to make my profile and took even longer to post anything haha. See you guys on the ladder and/or tournaments.

Hi my name is Ruyen (which is also my name on showdown). If the name/ profile picture didn't give it away i'm a theatre/music lover. I started in the metagame at the start of x&y and did mixed ou singles but i have been slowly drifting towards vgc and things of that nature. Thanks for being so welcoming and i can't wait to start foruming.

Hello!

I am new to the forums, but have great purpose to be here.

My story runs a little like this.
I started to play Pokemon games at generation 2.
Silver was the first and only Pokemon game I played.
I never owned my own handheld system. I was never able to truly get the experience under my belt. Stuck with Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra ect.. It was always an unfulfilled experience.
As an adult I occasionally borrowed games like Emerald, or B/W to play from friends.
The same situation applied as before. Never owned my own, couldn't get into far enough into the game to care ect....

Now as an adult I decided with the new release of Generation VI's ORAS, I would buy a New 3DS-XL and Pokemon Alpha Saphire and begin my very own Pokemon journey.

360 hours of game play. (A lot of idle time) I own almost all Legendary/Mythical Pokemon with the potential to get and create my very own "Living Pokedex". Blown through most of the super rare Pokemon in order to hopefully get the Shiny Charm.
Anyways, yeah.

I was able to procure many many Pokemon that could be of great use to me, if I only knew more about where the game is at currently. 18 different types of Pokemon. AND DUAL TYPES!!! A bit different than the basic experiences I have always had.

I have learned a great deal, but I still consider myself a great big amateur.
With a wonderful world like Pokemon, I must be great!!! My friends are all casual, with no passion for this series. They played every generation. But all they do is beat the game and put it down. How sad! I am not like them, I strive for greatness and sustainability in my Pokemon life.

So I hope to gain solid advice, learn a great deal about the things I am missing, and further enhance the Pokemon experience I have always wanted to have!

P.S. - I aspire to be a great breeder! Always have wanted to breed Pokemon for friends and build them amazing teams!
I have a generous heart and want to share the love of Pokemon!
But I can't breed effectively if I can't even match up type advantages/disadvantages correctly sometimes.. lol

Last edited:
Hello!

I am new to the forums, but have great purpose to be here.

My story runs a little like this.
I started to play Pokemon games at generation 2.
Silver was the first and only Pokemon game I played.
I never owned my own handheld system. I was never able to truly get the experience under my belt. Stuck with Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra ect.. It was always an unfulfilled experience.
As an adult I occasionally borrowed games like Emerald, or B/W to play from friends.
The same situation applied as before. Never owned my own, couldn't get into far enough into the game to care ect....

Now as an adult I decided with the new release of Generation VI's ORAS, I would buy a New 3DS-XL and Pokemon Alpha Saphire and begin my very own Pokemon journey.

360 hours of game play. (A lot of idle time) I own almost all Legendary/Mythical Pokemon with the potential to get and create my very own "Living Pokedex". Blown through most of the super rare Pokemon in order to hopefully get the Shiny Charm.
Anyways, yeah.

I was able to procure many many Pokemon that could be of great use to me, if I only knew more about where the game is at currently. 18 different types of Pokemon. AND DUAL TYPES!!! A bit different than the basic experiences I have always had.

I have learned a great deal, but I still consider myself a great big amateur.
With a wonderful world like Pokemon, I must be great!!! My friends are all casual, with no passion for this series. They played every generation. But all they do is beat the game and put it down. How sad! I am not like them, I strive for greatness and sustainability in my Pokemon life.

So I hope to gain solid advice, learn a great deal about the things I am missing, and further enhance the Pokemon experience I have always wanted to have!

P.S. - I aspire to be a great breeder! Always have wanted to breed Pokemon for friends and build them amazing teams!
I have a generous heart and want to share the love of Pokemon!
But I can't breed effectively if I can't even match up type advantages/disadvantages correctly sometimes.. lol
Hey welcome to smogon. I wanted to become a breeder the first time I came to the site and well I became one. If you check my trade thread in about a week I can help you start your quest to become a breeder and I will do everything I can to give you info on stuff you need. My first game was diamond and emerald. Generation 4 is the best generation in my opinion and I enjoyed playing in generation 4. If you need help let me know and I'm happy to talk to you about anything when I'm not in school. Good luck and have fun.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm 27 from England.

I picked up Pokemon Blue for my GBC after watching the series on TV. A few years later I got gold and silver but as with many things when you are in school, trends come and go really fast and I ended up not completing them. Anyway fast track to about a year before X & Y comes out and I wondered how many Pokemon there were now after a conversation with friends and from there on I proceeded to buy Pokemon diamond off of ebay(probably a fake cart but oh well) and really enjoyed playing through it, however I found it a bit harder than the other games I played before. I bought X, Y and OR when on release and haven't regretted it one bit.

I found out about Smogon randomly after reading some articles on some WoW site(GameRiot I think it was called). I wasn't really interested at the time and didn't pay a lot of attention, I enjoyed browsing through the strategy Pokedex and wondered to myself how some different Pokemon were in the Uber tier with known legendary giants, however, years later I would find some controversial videos on YouTube when getting side-tracked, as you do, and it led me back here.

Recently I have had a bit of time on my hands and looking at some of the 'PokeTubers' battle has got me making an account on here to say hi and perhaps try to give battling a go myself. I have never done any competitive battling myself or little to any battling at all with friends, but it looks like fun and Pokemon seems very in depth now so why not eh?

• Favourite Pokemon(s): Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur. Grass types in general.
  • What you plan to do here: Make new friends and learn about Pokemon battling.
  • Things you might need help with: All things Pokemon battling.
  • Favourite Pokemon games: This is a hard one but I will probably say blue because I was a kid back then, but I've enjoyed all the ones I have played.

Well that's all for now and thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm 27 from England.

I picked up Pokemon Blue for my GBC after watching the series on TV. A few years later I got gold and silver but as with many things when you are in school, trends come and go really fast and I ended up not completing them. Anyway fast track to about a year before X & Y comes out and I wondered how many Pokemon there were now after a conversation with friends and from there on I proceeded to buy Pokemon diamond off of ebay(probably a fake cart but oh well) and really enjoyed playing through it, however I found it a bit harder than the other games I played before. I bought X, Y and OR when on release and haven't regretted it one bit.

I found out about Smogon randomly after reading some articles on some WoW site(GameRiot I think it was called). I wasn't really interested at the time and didn't pay a lot of attention, I enjoyed browsing through the strategy Pokedex and wondered to myself how some different Pokemon were in the Uber tier with known legendary giants, however, years later I would find some controversial videos on YouTube when getting side-tracked, as you do, and it led me back here.

Recently I have had a bit of time on my hands and looking at some of the 'PokeTubers' battle has got me making an account on here to say hi and perhaps try to give battling a go myself. I have never done any competitive battling myself or little to any battling at all with friends, but it looks like fun and Pokemon seems very in depth now so why not eh?

• Favourite Pokemon(s): Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur. Grass types in general.
  • What you plan to do here: Make new friends and learn about Pokemon battling.
  • Things you might need help with: All things Pokemon battling.
  • Favourite Pokemon games: This is a hard one but I will probably say blue because I was a kid back then, but I've enjoyed all the ones I have played.

Well that's all for now and thanks for reading. :)
Welcome to Smogon, Tombo, we're glad to see you've joined us here at Smogon ! That's quite the intro you've got there, seems like you're very eager to learn about Pokemon. To jump right into the competitive scene, hop on over to the Competitive Discussion forum. Each sub-forum within the forum have several threads with tons of useful information along with several projects that you can participate in. If you would rather ease into the competitive scene, head onover to the Battling 101 forum, & check the 2016 Battling 101 Schedule to see when you can sign up ! If you have any questions, feel free to send a PM my way. We're glad to have you here & we hope you enjoy your stay !

Hi

I like Pokemon

I was feeling nostalgic and enjoy playing Showdown, so I decided to sign up here

Started with Crystal and the Gen 1 remakes, then experimented with Gen 3 and 4 next, and I've since been around to get every subsequent game on launch day. I played alot of competitive Gen 5, though it was pretty frustrating because weather was everywhere and sleep was broken.

Came here to learn, maybe. Cause why not?

I also like other games, movies, cartoon shows and art. My favourite Pokemon game is Heart Gold/Soul Silver and some of my favourite Pokemon are Koffing, Bisharp and Ho-Oh, among many others.

Hey all, I'm ShiroFox and I have been playing Pokemon Showdown and lurking around Smogon since the BW days. I decided to finally make an account for the forums because I found out about the OST and had a strong desire to start entering tournaments and making a name for myself. I considered myself to be pretty decent before entering this, my first tournament, and I am still in round 3, so I guess maybe I am not too bad.

Random stuff about me:

- I'm 18 years old, will be 19 within a week.
- My favorite Pokemon tends to change, but right now and for the past while I have really liked Landorus.
- My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Black.
- I am 6'8'' at this age and yes, I do play basketball. I love it and I keep up with the NBA. Hardcore Utah Jazz fan.
- The only other game I play competitively is Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I play a ton and am an active part of my scene. I have attended EVO the last two years and will also be there this year. :)

Anyways, I'm excited to get to know more competitive players and be immersed in the community, make friends, and hone my skills. Pokemon has always been one of my biggest passions since I was a kid. See you guys around!

Kakaroto8000

Banned deucer.
hi my name is Leo, Im from Brazil and I want to improve in competitive pokemons.
i play since 2008 but only make account here now to battle with the best.

Hi all! I'm from Spain and I am 18. I played pokemon during all my childhood, pokemon blue and ruby, but never realized that I could play after pokemon league, or that I could play online competitively nowadays. I actually own Pokemon Y and I'm trying to start from the bottom and be decent at the competitive scene. Also I'd like to meet some friends to battle together and learn. cheers!

Hi I'm AJ and 16. I have played since Gold and Silver and have played at least one in every generation. I know most of the basics, such as the types and have some experience breeding competitive pokemon so I know about EVs and IVs, but I am a noob when it comes to most competitive styles and strategies. I disliked the fifth generation so I stopped playing until X and Y and then started up again and fell back in love with these games. I'm pretty competitive and really want to get better at competitive battles, but I like using more obscure pokemon because when I succeed with them it feels like more of an accomplishment. I really want to find a group of people to work on competitive with so that I can have fun while working on my teams. My favorite pokemon is probably Heracross, because I remember one of the first anime episodes I watched had Heracross in it, and it seemed like such a cool and intriguing pokemon. I really hope that Smogon can help introduce me to people who share the same desire to become good at competitive pokemon and that through this connection I can find a group of friends to enjoy this hobby with.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hi

I like Pokemon

I was feeling nostalgic and enjoy playing Showdown, so I decided to sign up here

Started with Crystal and the Gen 1 remakes, then experimented with Gen 3 and 4 next, and I've since been around to get every subsequent game on launch day. I played alot of competitive Gen 5, though it was pretty frustrating because weather was everywhere and sleep was broken.

Came here to learn, maybe. Cause why not?

I also like other games, movies, cartoon shows and art. My favourite Pokemon game is Heart Gold/Soul Silver and some of my favourite Pokemon are Koffing, Bisharp and Ho-Oh, among many others.
Hey all, I'm ShiroFox and I have been playing Pokemon Showdown and lurking around Smogon since the BW days. I decided to finally make an account for the forums because I found out about the OST and had a strong desire to start entering tournaments and making a name for myself. I considered myself to be pretty decent before entering this, my first tournament, and I am still in round 3, so I guess maybe I am not too bad.

Random stuff about me:

- I'm 18 years old, will be 19 within a week.
- My favorite Pokemon tends to change, but right now and for the past while I have really liked Landorus.
- My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Black.
- I am 6'8'' at this age and yes, I do play basketball. I love it and I keep up with the NBA. Hardcore Utah Jazz fan.
- The only other game I play competitively is Super Smash Bros. Melee, which I play a ton and am an active part of my scene. I have attended EVO the last two years and will also be there this year. :)

Anyways, I'm excited to get to know more competitive players and be immersed in the community, make friends, and hone my skills. Pokemon has always been one of my biggest passions since I was a kid. See you guys around!
hi my name is Leo, Im from Brazil and I want to improve in competitive pokemons.
i play since 2008 but only make account here now to battle with the best.
Hi I'm AJ and 16. I have played since Gold and Silver and have played at least one in every generation. I know most of the basics, such as the types and have some experience breeding competitive pokemon so I know about EVs and IVs, but I am a noob when it comes to most competitive styles and strategies. I disliked the fifth generation so I stopped playing until X and Y and then started up again and fell back in love with these games. I'm pretty competitive and really want to get better at competitive battles, but I like using more obscure pokemon because when I succeed with them it feels like more of an accomplishment. I really want to find a group of people to work on competitive with so that I can have fun while working on my teams. My favorite pokemon is probably Heracross, because I remember one of the first anime episodes I watched had Heracross in it, and it seemed like such a cool and intriguing pokemon. I really hope that Smogon can help introduce me to people who share the same desire to become good at competitive pokemon and that through this connection I can find a group of friends to enjoy this hobby with.
Welcome friends! Good to see so many of you! I'm just going to go through some brief introductory explanations, so you all can enjoy Smogon to its fullest. There are many areas on the forums where you all can participate in competitive Pokémon!

- Competitve Discussion: Here they discuss everything related to competitive Pokémon, so if you want to participate you should head over there!
- Battling 101: This program can allow you to apply for a tutor to receive competitive help! If you meet certain standards and want to help others, you can try to apply for being a tutor as well!
- Wi-Fi: If you enjoy battling, trading, and breeding, this is the forum for you! Participate in tournaments, breed Pokémon, and trade with others!
- Pokémon Showdown: You can also participate in the Pokémon Showdown forum, where everything there is related to Pokémon Showdown! You can also check out the online battle simulator, if you haven't already!

Those are some brief areas on Smogon you can visit, and enjoy! If you need more help, feel free to PM me! Have a nice day. Also! I wanted to reply to all of you, as to not leave anyone out! ^^

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm Daniel! I first started out on Pokemon Platinum and recently started playing Showdown with a few friends of mine. I might be getting a new DS soon, so I'll be able to play some newer games. I don't reallt have a favorite generation, I just like Pokemon in general. My favorite Pokemon is (oddly enough) Buizel. (Useless in battle, I know) I plan to just hang out, say hi, be a nice person I guess. (Maybe make a few people laugh as well) I am absolutly awful with stratagies, I just play super defensive. So that doesn't always go too well. For IRL stuff I am planning to go into either Aerospace or mechanical engineering for college. (NASA has a few of my family memebers in it) I'm also into drawing art. I have my faitful Wacom so I'm learning. I'm not that great though. I still have a long way to go. I hope to (maybe) do a rocket launch before or during college. (I'm crazy, I know) My favorite game so far is actually Showdown. I love the online aspect of it. It's so easy to pick up but hard to master!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi all! I'm Daniel! I first started out on Pokemon Platinum and recently started playing Showdown with a few friends of mine. I might be getting a new DS soon, so I'll be able to play some newer games. I don't reallt have a favorite generation, I just like Pokemon in general. My favorite Pokemon is (oddly enough) Buizel. (Useless in battle, I know) I plan to just hang out, say hi, be a nice person I guess. (Maybe make a few people laugh as well) I am absolutly awful with stratagies, I just play super defensive. So that doesn't always go too well. For IRL stuff I am planning to go into either Aerospace or mechanical engineering for college. (NASA has a few of my family memebers in it) I'm also into drawing art. I have my faitful Wacom so I'm learning. I'm not that great though. I still have a long way to go. I hope to (maybe) do a rocket launch before or during college. (I'm crazy, I know) My favorite game so far is actually Showdown. I love the online aspect of it. It's so easy to pick up but hard to master!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Hey there! Welcome to Smogon!

It's great that you've visited Pokemon Showdown. I think it's a fantastic battle simulator. Did you know that there are a range of different chat rooms you can join? Also, Buizel isn't useless. It's actually one of the best Pokemon in the LC tier. That's right! The LC tier is basically only first stage evolution Pokemon, such as Chimchar, Poliwag and Oshawott.

"Super Defensive" is actually a playstyle, very similar to stall. Here is an article about stall in OU, one of the popular tiers.

Also, mechanical engineering is a very interesting career path. You should visit the Scholastics Room on Pokemon Showdown where you can talk about topics like that. As for art, you can visit the Art Room, as well as the Art Sub-Forum here.

If you need help with competitive battling, you can sign up for Battling 101, and the new round will happen in ~3 weeks time. You can also check out the competitive tutoring room on Pokemon Showdown where you can improve your battling skills.

I hope you settle well on the forums.

Hey there! Welcome to Smogon!

It's great that you've visited Pokemon Showdown. I think it's a fantastic battle simulator. Did you know that there are a range of different chat rooms you can join? Also, Buizel isn't useless. It's actually one of the best Pokemon in the LC tier. That's right! The LC tier is basically only first stage evolution Pokemon, such as Chimchar, Poliwag and Oshawott.

"Super Defensive" is actually a playstyle, very similar to stall. Here is an article about stall in OU, one of the popular tiers.

Also, mechanical engineering is a very interesting career path. You should visit the Scholastics Room on Pokemon Showdown where you can talk about topics like that. As for art, you can visit the Art Room, as well as the Art Sub-Forum here.

If you need help with competitive battling, you can sign up for Battling 101, and the new round will happen in ~3 weeks time. You can also check out the competitive tutoring room on Pokemon Showdown where you can improve your battling skills.

I hope you settle well on the forums.
I know Floatzel can be pretty useful for attack due to his speed stat. Maybe I'll try LC some time!

Alright then, I'll make sure to try that!

All of these look amazing! Thanks for linking them!

I will be sure to look at these (when I have some free time).

Thanks for being such a welcoming member!

Hey guys, I'm JD. I'm from Toronto, I started playing pokémon showdown about 2 years ago. My favourite pokemon are probs Mega-Gyarados and Zapdos. I am really interested in learning how to build teams, and also making some friends. If you're on Showdown, say hi to me in the CAP room. I look forward to getting to know this community/fandom better.

Stay frosty,

~ JD

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey guys, I'm JD. I'm from Toronto, I started playing pokémon showdown about 2 years ago. My favourite pokemon are probs Mega-Gyarados and Zapdos. I am really interested in learning how to build teams, and also making some friends. If you're on Showdown, say hi to me in the CAP room. I look forward to getting to know this community/fandom better.

Stay frosty,

~ JD
Hey JDragon6299! I think Mega Gyarados and Zapdos are pretty cool! So, you are interested in building teams? There are many places to receive guidance on making your own teams.

- Battling 101: This program deals with Battling, of course, but mainly, you can apply for a tutor here to help you build competitive Pokémon teams!
- Rate My Team: You can visit this section of the forums to get your newly made teams rated and receive feedback! Be sure to follow all of the guidelines when posting a thread!

Competitive Tutoring: This is a room on Pokémon Showdown that is exactly what it sounds like, it helps you build teams! You should check it out sometime and ask in chat to receive the best competitive help!

I am not usually in the CAP room too much, but I DO have a CAP team! Maybe sometime we can battle! Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time here, PM me with any questions!

Hi, I'm Raja and I'm 16!
Been playing Pokémon since Ruby/Sapphire, but never really got around to competitive battling until X/Y came out and made IV breeding easier. Smogon's Pokémon analyses make life so much easier :')
Besides Pokémon, I play just about anything from Nintendo and maybe an occasional Steam game once in a while. Oh, and I love Undertale (yes, that game where the fans sexualize skeletons)
I may not be very good at battling, but I'm sure I can hold my own for a couple of rounds until hax kicks in haha, hmu if you ever want an OU battle!

Hello, I am Parth, a.k.a Moonlit Raptor.
I have been on PS for the past 2-er, 3 years. Wow, time flies you're you're having fun.
Pokemon holds a special place for me, as I have been following it since the anime aired in our country.I started playing the games when Pokemon Sapphire came out, which was a gift from my cousin(Arceus bless him).

I pride myself on being able to recall almost all the Pokemon by their name and tell you their typing, design etc. (You can test me if you want.)

My favourite Pokemon generation as a whole would be Gen IV. And my favourite Pokemon is Staraptor, because I love it's design and everything.

I have been doing competitive battling for 2 years and I am a regular in the OU and Randbats tier. I have recently started participating in the LC tier also, so I would love to have battles with experienced players and learn more about the tier.

Well, I guess that's it about me and I am looking forward to contribute towards the Forums.
See ya around!

PS-: You may also find me hanging out in the Roleplaying room, so, I am always up for some Pokemon roleplay!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'm Raja and I'm 16!
Been playing Pokémon since Ruby/Sapphire, but never really got around to competitive battling until X/Y came out and made IV breeding easier. Smogon's Pokémon analyses make life so much easier :')
Besides Pokémon, I play just about anything from Nintendo and maybe an occasional Steam game once in a while. Oh, and I love Undertale (yes, that game where the fans sexualize skeletons)
I may not be very good at battling, but I'm sure I can hold my own for a couple of rounds until hax kicks in haha, hmu if you ever want an OU battle!
Hey there, Citrus Drop! Welcome to Smogon!

I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 3 too—that's something we both have in common. Oh, and did you know that you can play Gen 3 competitive battling on Pokemon Showdown? ORAS isn't the only gen you can battle in; you can battle in D/P, G/S and R/B! You should also visit the Old Gens room, if you're interested.

Smogon's analyses are very helpful, especially for people that are new to competitive battling. You can go behind the scenes here, in the Sixth Generations Contributions sub-forum. Also, to get involved, you don't have to just write up the analysis. There are three possible jobs you could do:
  • Writing: You obviously need a good idea of the metagame (I found this out when I tried to do an analysis about Miltank XP) and the Pokemon in general, as well as what is common in the metagame. For example, it won't be right to suggest Assault Vest Blissey, because that's plain ridiculous.
  • QC / Quality Control: You can check analyses that aren't written, and mention things about the content. For example, if you think a move should be mentioned in "Other Mentions", by all means, tell the writer that. Continuously contributing to analyses through QC may earn you a spot on the QC team of that tier!
  • GP / Grammar Prose: After the analysis is fully written and ready to be checked, a grammar checker (or amateur, like me) can come and do an official check (or amcheck if you're an amateur ie. not part of the team), correcting the grammar, spelling and wording of the analysis.
Helping out here can earn you the Ladybug
badge, and the Contributor
badge!

Also, since you're an avid gamer, you should visit the Video Games room on Pokemon Showdown - you can find people that also playing Undertale there.

I hope you enjoy your time on the forums, and be sure to check out Pokemon Showdown (ᵔᴥᵔ)

Hey there, I'm Aisu! I've been playing Pokemon for nearly all my life but never really understood or got into competitive battling. I just liked having cute teams. Recently, however, I've grown more serious and would like to learn more about the meta and the Smogon community--in large part thanks to a good friend of mine who's active here. I also love all the CAPs and maybe one day I'll be able to help with one.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey there, I'm Aisu! I've been playing Pokemon for nearly all my life but never really understood or got into competitive battling. I just liked having cute teams. Recently, however, I've grown more serious and would like to learn more about the meta and the Smogon community--in large part thanks to a good friend of mine who's active here. I also love all the CAPs and maybe one day I'll be able to help with one.
Hey there, AisuTalonz! I recently just started to get into competitive Pokémon as well, when I found Smogon. Smogon really guided me in the right direction to help me competitive Pokémon, and I hope it can help you too! If you need help with competitive Pokémon, there are a few places that you can visit. One area being the Competitive Discussion forum! There they discuss everything related to competitive Pokémon, and I myself find it quite interesting! You can also visit Pokémon Showdown, and go to the Competitive Tutoring room! They help with building competitive Pokémon teams. They also have a CAP room, so since you like CAP, I recommend you visit there, along with the CAP forum located here.

Hope you enjoy your time here, please feel free to PM me with any questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)