Serious Iwata has died.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
It's so sad to hear that awful news. Iwata has just done so much for Nintendo as president. He will be missed dearly.

R.I.P.

Its so sad to hear this. Iwata, despite causing some issues for nintendo, has done many great things for it as well. I will miss him.

This is a major heartbreak, really unexpected considering by all appearances he was perfectly fine. RIP Iwata-san.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now what?
now higher ups vote on who to take his place I think, that's the answer I got when I asked that question.

Anyway, Iwata was a great man and an excellent coder, his company decisions were questionable though. sad to see him die of sickness at a young age.

Requiescat en pace, Satoru Iwata.

Being the revolutionary is something that is not easy to do.

This Music from Child of Light will fit this short paragraph I could commit to a legendary figure of Nintendo. I hope you play this music while you read it.

Most CEOs would back away from doing something against the standards of gaming in your time. But you still made an influential revolution in the gaming industry from graceful defeats to groundbreaking victories. While most people in the highest hierarchies don't open themselves to the public, you're one of the few examples that show up to the fans through good and bad times in your life via directs. For every business, the element of risk is a thorn not many could endure and act accordingly. Perhaps, through your intuition, you made many right calls as to which risks you are prepared to make for the better of the games you get yourself involved. As a gamer myself, I see you as the Steve Jobs of Nintendo. I may not know other CEO's that are closely similar to you, but I'm certain that your influences will be marked as a legend in the many decades to come.

Then all of a sudden, in order for Sakurai, Masuda, and Miyamoto to honor him, they will make contributions by including Iwata in their next upcoming games. Could Iwata be the next Supporting character in the next generation of Pokémon? Or Make an official Mii Fighter designed after Iwata (via trailer when he and Reggie fought during SSB4WiiU trailer last year)? Or maybe include the Kirby series to finally join Mario Kart 8?

RIP Iwata, our hearts go out to his family & friends. The gaming community just lost one of its greats. :(

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Iwata
So, If I want to become a respected Game developer, having great C++ programming skills seems to be one of the most important elements I must master? I have a LLLOOOOOOOONNNGGG road to overcome and master the language of computers. Now I feel even more to become a game designer in the end of this tragedy. Thanks to your wisdom Satoru Iwata. May your legend rise through gaming history.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Iwata seemed to be part of a (pun not intended) dying breed of businessmen that cared more about their consumers than they did about driving a profit for the shareholders. The world lost a great man. I hope that whoever takes over for him is able to uphold the ideals he had.

i hear that in japan the jobs in the position that Iwata was in are very stressful and and high stress isn't healthy for a person in the long run.

it's still pretty bummer as Iwata seemed to be a pretty cool guy.

Iwata seemed to be part of a (pun not intended) dying breed of businessmen that cared more about their consumers than they did about driving a profit for the shareholders. The world lost a great man. I hope that whoever takes over for him is able to uphold the ideals he had.
Well said.

The man had great vision and was constantly thinking of better and effective means of making the games he made to be more fun.

We will miss you Iwata, RIP!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
i hear that in japan the jobs in the position that Iwata was in are very stressful and and high stress isn't healthy for a person in the long run.

it's still pretty bummer as Iwata seemed to be a pretty cool guy.
From what I heard just in general Japanese people tend to overwork themselves and its a serious problem. However it was cancer (a bile duct growth) that got him (now the stress could have made things work by weakening his immune system, but I don't think we'll ever know unless they release the exact cause of death). :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)