Kangaskhan [QC 0/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
QC:? / ? / ?
GP:? / ?

[OVERVIEW]
-Mega Kangaskhan is virtue by its ability Parental Bond which even though got a nerf this generation, still is useful in Mega Kangaskhans role as a sweeper.
-Mega Kangaskhan has the ability to check Focus Sash users like Deoxys-S, Kartana and Smeargle thanks to Parental Bond hitting twice in one turn.
-Kangaskhan is sometimes overlooked for other Mega Evolutions like Lucario, Gengar and even Metagross for their better ability to sweep.
-A Normal typing lacks useful resistances and even with Kangaskhans decent bulk leaves it vulnerable to solid neutral hits.

[SET]
Name:Physical Attacker
Move 1:Fake Out
Move 2:Seismic Toss
Move 3:Body Slam / Double Edge
Move 4:Crunch / Ice Punch
Item:Kangaskhanite
Ability:Scrappy
Nature:Jolly/Adamant
EVs:4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
-Fake Out can give Priority to Kangaskhan and get damage on to threats before switching.It has decent damage thanks to Parental Bond combined with STAB.
-Seismic Toss is the main attacking move on the set and has solid damage as well as hitting every type that resists it's Normal attacks like Steel and Rock-types though is severely countered by Ghost-types
-Body Slam can help Kangaskhan slow down Faster threats with it’s Paralysis Chance as well as STAB.
-Double Edge can be used instead if more power is needed combined with STAB but Body Slam is preferred as the paralysis chance helps out Kangaskhan a lot in out speeding other Pokemon.
-Crunch can assist with hitting Ghost-types as Kangaskhans other moves can’t. It can also hit Psychic-types as well if needed.
-Ice Punch can be Coverage for types like Dragon and Grass-types. It is the best Coverage move Kangaskhan gets access to being effective across a variety of types.

Set Details
========
-Jolly Nature with Speed Investment is to Mainly try out speed Pokemon like Yveltal without Choice Scarf and most Variants of Lunala.
-EVs in Attack are to get Kangaskhan to hit as hard as possible even without Adamant Nature.
-Adamant Nature could also be used if more Power is needed, though Jolly is preferred as Kangaskhan is 2HKOing nearly everything even with the added Power.

Usage Tips
========
-Mega Kangaskhan is capable of stopping Suicide Leads with Fake Out and Parental Bond like Deoxys-S and Greninja.
-Chip Damage with Fake Out also works to stop Certain Setup Sweepers that are weakened. Toxic And Burn are needed to make use of this strategy.
-Seismic Toss is the spammable move on the set though Body Slam should be used first to get paralysis. As Seismic Toss can be easily Countered by Bug or Flying-types.
-Crunch is best used when Predicting a Ghost-type to switch in or when there is one on the Field. Other times it should not be used.
-Switching in Kangaskhan Directly is a bad idea as Kangaskhan lacks resistances and even a solid neutral hit can do a number on it. Double switches or even a switch after a KO is the best way to bring in Kangaskhan.

Team Options
========
-A Toxic or Burn user helps to spread Chip Damage and Help Kangaskhan get KO’s quicker. Primarily Primal Groudon and Ho-oh are the best options as they also take care of Steel and Poison-types that are Immune to Toxic.
-Entry Hazards help Kangaskhan wear down it's opponents quicker.Stealth Rock users like Primal Groudon,Spikes users like Deoxys-S and Toxic Spikes users like Cloyster are all options for entry hazards.
-Another Toxic spreader like Giratina-O is good as it has access to Defog to battle entry hazards as well as countering Fighting-types that threaten Kangaskhan.
-Dark-types help Kangaskhan handle Ghost-types like Mega Sableye, Arceus-Ghost and Mega Gengar. The most notable roles are Yveltal,Arceus-Dark and Darkrai.
-Xerneas can help put pressure on Walls Kangaskhan has trouble Breaking through like Mega Sableye and Zygarde-C.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
-Earthquake can primarily take care of Mega Lucario and Primal Groudon as well as being a reliable coverage option being effective on some of the metagames biggest threats.
-Return can be an alternative to Body Slam as it has more Power but Body Slam is appreciated more as it has the helpful Paralysis chance.
-Sucker Punch can give Priority to Kangaskhan letting it take care of Ghost and Psychic-types more easily.
-Power-up Punch can Boost Kangaskhan’s Attack to High Levels in a short amount of time and can be an alternative to Seismic Toss though it’s lacking power makes it overshadowed by Seismic Toss.
-Fire Punch can mainly get good damage on Steel-types like Skarmory and even OHKOs on Pokemon like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn.
-Wish and Protect can give Kangaskhan some source of recovery to stay on the field for longer periods of time.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ghost-types**: Even with Crunch, Kangaskhan has trouble dealing with Ghost-types, being immune to it’s main sources of damage, mainly the biggest threat is Mega Gengar. Mega Gengar can come in and burn Kangaskhan and severely lower its attacking power for the rest of the match or it can use Focus Blast and KO Kangaskhan. Mega Sableye can also wall Kangaskhan effectively as Crunch is a neutral hit on it and it’s defenses back it up a lot.

**Zygarde-C**: Without Ice Punch, Kangaskhan can struggle hitting Zygarde-C with its Gigantic Bulk. Thanks to this bulk it isn't phased much by Kangakhans Attacks.

**Mega Lucario**: With Adaptability Close Combat, Lucario can easily OHKO Kangaskhan and even can take a Seismic Toss from it ,though does not appreciate paralysis from Body Slam.

**Fighting-types**: Being Kangaskhan’s only weakness, Fighting-types present a huge threat to Kangaskhan even with the Bulk it has. Most of the Fighting-types that threaten Kangaskhan are Revenge Killers like Blaziken and Pheromosa. There are other Fighting-types like Buzzwole who can take a hit or 2 and OHKO with Hammer Arm as well.

**Lugia**: Lugia Out speeds Kangaskhan and has enough Bulk to survive most Attacks from it apart from sometimes an Ice Punch. It can then Toxic Kangaskhan and Stall with Roost.Paralysis isn’t appreciated though.

**Skarmory and Celesteela**: Kangaskhan has Trouble dealing with Skarmory and Celesteela as they can easily lower Kangaskhan’s effectiveness with Toxic and Leech Seed respectively. Although after Stealth Rock Damage they will both be 2HKOed by Seismic Toss.

**Mega Slowbro**: Slowbro can Toxic Kangaskhan before switching out with Regenerator and Recover health after Mega Evolving. Seismic Toss will 2HKO it though. Making it a minor Threat at best.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Kangaskhan has Trouble breaking through Bulky Pokemon with Lots of Defense. Bulky Variants of Pokemon like Primal Groudon,Primal Kyogre and Xerneas all fit the bill.

Last edited:
Adamant Nature can be desired for more Power if it is needed, though Jolly is preferred as Kangaskhan is 2HKOing nearly everything even with Adamant Nature
You mean Jolly, right? Also, the wording is a little weird here ('desired if needed')

Seismic Toss can do real Damage mixed with Parental Bond and is very decent even Without STAB.It is the main attacking move on the set.
Seismic Toss can't get STAB; it does the same amount of damage (100) either way. Also 'very decent' sounds sort of weird to me, but that could just be me.

Toxic Spikes are also an option for Chip Damage. Toxapex and Cloyster are the best users of the move though Toxic is more appreciated.
Seems overly specific to me, especially since neither Stealth Rock nor Spikes are mentioned at all, and those are much easier to provide than Toxic Spikes.

Earthquake can Primarily take care of Mega Lucario and has solid Damage on most other types.
I can't believe that you didn't mention that Earthquake can be useful to hit Primal Groudon. Also, while I'm looking at this, why is 'Primarily' and 'Damage' capitalized? They really shouldn't be. Actually, the capitalization everywhere seems sort of off.

I know I probably shouldn't be picking on grammar, but its pretty bad here, to the point where I found it hard to read the skeleton.

You mean Jolly, right? Also, the wording is a little weird here ('desired if needed')

Seismic Toss can't get STAB; it does the same amount of damage (100) either way. Also 'very decent' sounds sort of weird to me, but that could just be me.

Seems overly specific to me, especially since neither Stealth Rock nor Spikes are mentioned at all, and those are much easier to provide than Toxic Spikes.

I can't believe that you didn't mention that Earthquake can be useful to hit Primal Groudon. Also, while I'm looking at this, why is 'Primarily' and 'Damage' capitalized? They really shouldn't be. Actually, the capitalization everywhere seems sort of off.

I know I probably shouldn't be picking on grammar, but its pretty bad here, to the point where I found it hard to read the skeleton.
Thanks Bro
This is one of my first analyses so appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)