Project LC Community Create-A-Team II [R6: SUBMIT!]

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All right, Dewpider is this round's winner.

Nominations are open for Pokemon 4. This is a good time to start filling roles our team might need while maintaining offensive and defensive synergy. Please nominate!

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Onix exerts a really well known role compression in the form of Stealth Rock setter, making it one of the best utility leads, resistance to Flying-types, which is something we need to mitigate, and Electric inmunity, anulating Volt Switch from Chinchou. To avoid getting easily killed once Sturdy has been broken, Endure gives it a second opportunity fore restor its health.

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion
Daredevil (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / Swords Dance

Do I need to explain this one? Snivy, Flying (semi check), Cottonee can't defog, Vullaby doesn't really wanna I guess etc etc. Got Mienfoo for opposing Pawniards, so SD or SR is good enough.

14 speed cause webs, can go 16 I just didn't see any reason to.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Daredevil (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / Swords Dance

Aipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Atk / 80 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Tail Slap
- Fire Punch
- Grass Knot
- Fake Out

Vote away, please keep the team as a whole in mind.

pawn, it's basically mandatory with all the defog snivy.
it should really be 16 speed though cuz outspeeding vull is important.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
Sorry for the delay.
I've been thinking about what to do with this team, which was started in a meta that no longer exists and meta changes and a ban have changed everything around it as it has been built. After talking to quote and op, I've decided the best course of action is to finish the team as best is possible and then to review it for changes that are necessary for the current meta.

That said, Pawniard is the winner of this round. Please nominate a fifth Pokemon for our four-mon team!

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion

Macle (Croagunk) (F) @ Fightinium Z / Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave

(Yes, this is how I imagine Adam looks like 24/7)
Slight fight weakness on the team, figured a 14 speed Gunk may be good and yk it's webs so why the fuck not? Fightinium z nukes shit like even fucking Mareanie doesn't like to tank that (Aka dies to this + a Fblast, but if it haze then that's like not possible ig?) Idk I rarely use Croa atm so there may be better variations twist and tweak it once 6th mon has been picked but typing-wise and since it sets up and sweeps and abuses webs and shit I thought it'd be good. Good synergy with Dewpider+Snover.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast

It's Webs so we need a blocker. We already have a fairly bulky Water-type so I prefer Pump > Frillish, and Pump is more reliable than Gastly so ye. Standard set, checks Mudbray, does things, good Webs mon

Gastly @ Life Orb / Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt / Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

a spinblocker is required for life orb snover to be worthwhile, and i think gastly's the best one for this team. neither frillish nor pump provide much with the team already having a water and grass type. both frillish and pump are slow af, and the other mons on the team are too (especially because it's unfortunately slowfoo). this wouldn't be much of an issue on webs, but dewpider isn't as reliable as surskit when it comes to setting, which means the team needs to function without webs too; gastly is a faster option that helps mitigate this problem. it is also not at all passive, unlike defensive pump and frillish, making it better suited to webs. while it may not be as reliable as a spinblocker, snover is able to come in to force out staryu, kabuto, and drilbur and punish the opp for the switch, so even if a spinner predicts the switch to gastly and kills it, webs will be maintained.

aside from spinblocking, gastly also:
-counters most np gunk, which currently destroys the team
-helps with other fighting types, which beat the current team pretty easily, by scaring them from clicking hjk/dp/mach (important w/ pawn and snover on the team) and hitting them p hard
-beats snivy, which fucks over webs
-wears down vull, which fucks over webs
-helps greatly against opposing webs teams, which beat the team rn cuz they tend to be faster
-wears down and/or kills shared checks w/ snover, e.g. pawn, a-grimer, fighting types, ferro
-acts as a solid late-game cleaner, outspeeding even scarfers after webs

life orb thunderbolt can be used to ohko staryu, which helps keeps webs up, while still hitting vullaby super effectively and pawn and a-grimer neutrally. the downside of this is that gastly lacks dgleam, meaning it can't hit fighting-types as hard, which is unfortunate for the team in its current state. however, i think that if the 6th slot is chosen to be a mon that beats fighting-types, this isn't much of an issue, so lo tbolt is viable option. alternatively, if the last mon doesn't help sufficiently with the fighting weakness, ghostium z dgleam gastly can be used, which both ohkoes staryu and hits fighting-types hard (it also lets u flex with z-dbond). i think life orb is ideal tho because the overall damage boost is greater.

dbond kills things for teammates, particularly snover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)