Left in Shadows: Giratina-O's analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giratina-O has been a Pokemon that I've been playing with for a long time, and given that a lot of people asked me about how is Giratina-O played or built for it to work properly, I'll bring you a complete analysis, from the Pokemon itself to good partners and teams that I've managed to do myself with decent success.

A fallen angel

Since the beggining, both Giratina formes haven't seen much success given that there's always some other Pokemon that could do its job better. Back in 2010, Steel-types resisted Ghost-type attacks, limiting Giratina's usefulness in the battlefield. It faced competition from the other two members of the Creation Trio, Dialga and Palkia, and had pretty bad match-ups versus Pokemon like Kyogre, Abomasnow, Weavile, and others.

Gods among us

Then the VGC'16 metagame came along. Giratina-O came to the mind of many players due to its ability to check both Mega Kangaskhan and Primal Groudon at the same time, but was quickly discarded due to the presence of many Pokemon that posed as a major threat and nullified Giratina-O's usefulness on the battlefield. Xerneas, Yveltal, Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza, all seemed like strong competitors for Giratina-O that wouldn't allow it to see the light of day in any team...

Read more in http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/1938-left-in-shadows-giratina-o-analysis/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)