Walrus LightWalr's Lupus (A Walrus Production) - Won by RODAN

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1st place, earning 9.1 points: RODAN

Brave Heart - Wada Kouji
9.1/10

Was there ever any doubt? RODAN knows where to tickle my fancy. RIP Wada Kouji, you the man. I think Digimon can be largely considered the reason I'm here on this site(ironic) and how Brave Heart was used is a huge part of it. So enjoy this glorified magical transformation for boys track.

LightWolf

lightwoof
18th place, earning 5 points: Agape

Marble Machine - Wintergatan
5/10

This certainly a Solo in the term of how many musicians are performing... But not really what I asked for... It sounds oddly good and is impressive, but musically not that interesting nor what I looked for in this cat. I'd feel guilty of giving this anything less than 5, but no more either.

LightWolf

lightwoof
16th place, earning 5.5 points: bluedoom

Lingus (We Like It Here) - Snark Puppy
5.5/10

Reminded me a lot of Walrein's piano sub, It Gets Funkier, except this doesn't get funkier. The reason this is so low is in it's solo which looks technic wise impressive, but I specifically said that is not what I judge this on and instead majorly pulled down the song.

LightWolf

lightwoof
15th place, earning 5.8 points: Blazade

Panic Attack - Dream Teather
5.8/10

I generally have no problem with songs that could be described as noisy(cough up coming songs cough), but while I liked the song itself, it felt like the solo was drowning in the instruments that were meant to back it up. I think that may have been intentional, but for my personal enjoyment, it tanked the song a bit.

LightWolf

lightwoof
14th place, earning 5.9 points: Knights

Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
5.9/10

This should be much higher, if this wasn't a solo cat. When the solo first would starts, it's instead really more of duett between keys and guitar as both try to do their thing at once, and after that when the guitar goes at it alone it's just a slight variation on the main beat. It feels gutsy to sub something as a guitar solo from before it really was a thing, but I just feel this doesn't work out in this specific cat.

LightWolf

lightwoof
13th place, earning 6 points: TMan87

Panzerkampf - Sabaton
6/10

This one literally misfired on me. Musically I like it... But it's subject matter hits a bit too home, considering for one Hungarians were sent in on bicycles to be slaughtered there, and then right after the Soviets came and fucked us. I just wish the battle in the song took long enough for America to solo Germany and be the one to liberate Hungary... So yeah, appreciate it as music, but as for the whole piece, I'd find it hard to ever truly enjoy it.

LightWolf

lightwoof
10th place, earning 6.6 points: myzozoa

Jumpers - Sleater Kinney
6.6/10

I dunno, I might have enjoyed this more if it wasn't live and certain parts hard to make out or the audience noises not a constant. Still I liked it much, uh the link should take you directly to the right time stamp.

LightWolf

lightwoof
8th place, earning 7 points: P2X7

Moby Dyck - Led Zeppelin
7/10

I swear I heard that riff on some commercials... I like the drums, the are quite magnificent, but I just feel it's a shame for those quite enjoyable guitar riffs, and wish the song was just a bit more like the end part.

LightWolf

lightwoof
6th place, earning 7.6 points: Walrein

Aqualung - Jethro Tull
7.6/10

Initially was gonna dock this, but not for what most would think. I felt let down by the solo, since my mind was constantly on the riffs during the opening and ending segment, but I grew to appreciate the role it plays in the song. Cool song!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)