LogicMons (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOGICMONS
Have you ever wondered why certain Pokemon don't get certain moves or abilities, or why the DO get certain moves and abilities? Or even typings? Then LogicMons is for you!

Welcome to LogicMons! In this Pet Mod, each Pokemon gets access to moves or abilities it would make sense for it to have. Since this would be very subjective, this will be a pet mod run in slates.

BANLIST (So Far)
OU Banlist + Mew (Would likely have every move in the entire game)
ALL MEGA STONES THAT ARE NOT BANNED IN OU (Even unreleased megas, but no Uber megas from last gen) ARE ALLOWED​

EXAMPLE POST

New Type: Aaaab

New Type Logic: Aaaaab

Added Moves: Aaaaab

+ Move Logic: Aaaaab

Removed Moves: Aaaab

- Move Logic: Aaaab

Added Ability(s): Aaaaaab

+ Ability Logic: Aaaab

Abilities Replaced: Aaaaab

- Ability Logic: Aaaaab

DISCLAIMER

Each category is optional, but you need to fill out at least one of them.

CURRENT SLATE:

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can't do image but this is for Regirock

Added Moves: Shore Up

+ Move Logic: According to the Emerald Pokedex, Regirock is: 'A Pokémon that is made entirely of rocks and boulders. If parts of its body chip off in battle, Regirock repairs itself by adding new rocks.'
The whole adding rocks to repair itself thing fits perfectly with Shore Up

Regice

Added Ability(s): Heatproof

+ Ability Logic: According to its HGSS Pokedex entries, it can't be melted, even by magma. So, uh, why's it weak to fire?
I believe you need to wait until the slate has been decided.

Since this is the first round, I am going to be generous and do a TRIPLE SLATE. Keep in mind that moves added that are considered broken will be disqualified (like No Guard OHKO moves for example).

SLATE #1 (My Favorite Pokémon):

SLATE #2: Golem Trio:

SLATE #3: Illogical Anomalies (Misc.):

The submission phase will end in 48 hours.

Last edited:

New Moves: Shadow Ball, Energy Ball
Flavor: Almost every Psychic type can learn these moves; Why can't Alolan Raichu do the same?

New Typing: Electric / Dragon
Flavor: This thing is based on various reptiles and this is the best one Flavor wise to give said typing
New Moves: Dragon Breath, Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw
Flavor: Because this thing is changed to a dragon type, I gave it a few Dragon movves.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Added Moves -
See Coolman6001

+ Move Logic - See Coolman6001

Added Ability(s) - Levitate

+ Ability Logic - This thing literally floats on it's tail. It should get levitate, seriously.

Abilities Replaced - Change Surge Surfer to HA.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
+ Levitate (see Ludicrousity)

+ Moonblast (all the powerful Fairy types have it)

and
and
+ Recover (A bulky legendary without recover? Unacceptable)

+ Dragon type (becomes Dragon / Electric), Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse (same as Coolman6001, but it don't think it has the power to summon meteors)

+ Close Combat (even some non-fighting types learn it)

Can't do image but this is for Regirock

Added Moves: Shore Up

+ Move Logic: According to the Emerald Pokedex, Regirock is: 'A Pokémon that is made entirely of rocks and boulders. If parts of its body chip off in battle, Regirock repairs itself by adding new rocks.'
The whole adding rocks to repair itself thing fits perfectly with Shore Up

Regice

Added Ability(s): Heatproof

+ Ability Logic: According to its HGSS Pokedex entries, it can't be melted, even by magma. So, uh, why's it weak to fire?

+ Dragon type (becomes Dragon / Electric), Dragon Claw and Dragon Pulse (same as Coolman6001, but it don't think it has the power to summon meteors)
However, every fully evolved Dragon type learns Draco Meteor

EDIT: and it already leans dragon pulse

Last edited:
It has been a while, but Sylveon and Heatran have no entries. I am also up for hearing slate ideas! I'm going to give until tomorrow.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
"Heatran lives in volcanic caves, and uses its cross-shaped claws to maneuver across stone walls." From: Dawn's Pokédex

+ Metal Claw

Sylveon:

"It sends a soothing aura from its ribbonlike feelers to calm fights."
+ Fairy Aura?

Slate suggestion: Maybe 3 Starters from a region of your choice?

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy

Added moves : Gear Grind, Techno Blast
Move logic :

Gear Grind - It learns Shift Gear and has gears all over it's body.
Techno Blast - Magearna is an automaton that can learn moves like Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere and Fleur Cannon.

Added moves : Gear Grind, Techno Blast
Move logic :

Gear Grind - It learns Shift Gear and has gears all over it's body.
Techno Blast - Magearna is an automaton that can learn moves like Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere and Fleur Cannon.
Thing is that Magearna has no drive slot to insert the drives needed to use Techno Blast (Even if Genesect isn't actually holding a drive I believe it still has one inserted in its cannon on its sprite)

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Thing is that Magearna has no drive slot to insert the drives needed to use Techno Blast (Even if Genesect isn't actually holding a drive I believe it still has one inserted in its cannon on its sprite)
True.
Fortunately, the move's description seems to say that the Pokemon just needs to "hold" the drive.

The user fires a beam of light at its target. The move's type changes depending on the Drive the user holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)