Project Lure That Threat (Week 15: Uxie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by atomicllamas and Molk
Adapted and taken OP from OU version by Team Pokepals

Welcome Smogonites! We all know what are Lures and what they do, specific Pokemon that run an unexpected move or moveset in order to weaken or directly OHKO a specific threat, and pave the way for another sweeper, having said that though, there isn't that much of a focus on lures in the RU Forum, and a good deal of lures used by battlers aren't really that optimal, this project tries from a competition to see what the ingenuity of people can come up with, and, hopefully; improve the Teambuilding aspect we have at the moment, without further ado, here are the rules:
  1. Each week I'll nominate a threat (with their moveset) during the following week the community will nominate their lures in order to handle said threat or wall, of course Damage Calcs (under an Hide Tag) are appreciated.
  2. Each person is allowed 1 Lure per week, and I'd personally prefer it if people don't copy other lures from that week. The more original the better. Ex: Seeing 5 lures with Aqua Tail to lure Camerupt
  3. After the week has passed, I will pick the top 2 lures as winners and one that'll get an honorable mention (this number might increase depending on the number of lures submitted that week). Additionally, I'll allow voting on the weekends to give us a 3rd winner and the Runner up will be placed in the Honorable mentions. I'll pick the top 2 cores AFTER the voting has ended to avoid picking the same one. Each person is allowed 2 votes and a line of reasoning as to why you voted for that one as well.
  4. The winners and their lure will be saved and recorded.
HOWEVER, keep this in mind; when you post a lure:
  • Does this Pokemon have to sacrifice anything important? If you're losing a key part of a set just for an uncommon threat that isn't even lured in that is what we call a "bad lure", always consider what you give up in order to lure something, that is very important.
  • Does this Pokemon gain anything important when using this moveset? The contrary to point number one, does this Pokemon or the team benefit from the lure.
  • Could this method be better aided through teammates? Does your lure need team support to carry out it's role effectively.

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Week 1: Specially Defensive Diancie

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Diancie is regarded as a tank to soak up hits, act as a Fire- and Flying-type counter, as it can take them down with Diamond Storm. Diancie can also check bulkier Fighting-types, such as Gurdurr and Hitmontop, as Moonblast does a lot to them as well. Diancie is also a great Stealth Rock user and the only one in the tier to act as a cleric and hazard setter apart from Uxie, which faces a lot problems with four moves syndrome.​

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP
Reserving Flash Cannon Sigilyph

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave/Dark Pulse/Air Slash
- Dark Pulse/Roost
- Flash Cannon

Most of the time, Diancie will try to switch into Sigilyph to sponge up a Psychic or another attack. Flash Cannon can get the KO most of the time after prior damage. Additionally, this set hits other faries like defensive Aroma pretty hard.

252 SpA Life Orb Sigilyph Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Diancie: 234-276 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Life Orb Sigilyph Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Diancie: 97-114 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Fletchinder @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Natural Gift
- Roost

Liechi berry is a 100 BP Grass type move that hits Diancie, Rhyperior, Quagsire and Seismitoad, along with hitting Alomomola, Blastoise, & Slowking harder than Acrobatics. Note that you need a little bit of prior damage on Diancie for +2 Natural Gift to OHKO, even after rocks. Liechi is also not useless if none of the above Pokemon are on the other team; it gives Fletch a +1 boost if it switches in to Stealth Rock or if it gets to 50% by other means.

+2 252+ Atk Liechi Berry Fletchinder Natural Gift (100 BP Grass) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 230-272 (75.6 - 89.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

You could also use a normal Fletch set with Steel Wing over WoW, but this move is literally only helpful for Diancie so I think that Liechi has more general use while still being effective in other situations.

Last edited:

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

96 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 270-322 (88.8 - 105.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
(guaranteed ohko after rox)

Not much to say other than diancie won't switch into this anymore ;)

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Iron Tail

252+ Atk Life Orb Absol Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 442-520 (145.3 - 171%) -- guaranteed OHKO

AoA Absol can lure diancie as opponents may mistake it for the SD set due to coverage. This is a guaranteed OHKO and also helps deal with other fairies such as Aromatisse, Togetic, and Granbull.

Last edited:

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Iron Tail

252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 322-385 (105.9 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

hit em up

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
reserving heavy slam emboar

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Heavy Slam

The premise of this set is pretty simple but it works pretty well, and functions to lure other stuff besides diancie as well. With the whole expert belt thing it is able to bluff a scarf at times which can let it grab some kills (such as on a flygon at times). More importantly though is that adamant wild charge can force out a bunch of slower fat water types like slowking, sdef mola, maybe even jellicent. This means that the opponent is more likely to bring out their diancie to take on your emboar, and this is perfect because even with -1 atk, heavy slam wipes that diancie off the face of this earth. It requires some careful play but I think it is extremely effective at not just luring diancie for the ohko, but also luring it to come in in the first place. If you're not convinced at the effectiveness of this set, just watch windsong vs afro smash for spl.

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Specs usually have Psychic, use Energy Ball to gurantee the 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Diancie: 172-204 (56.5 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Punch
- Iron Tail

Diancie can usually come in safely on Druddigon, as it resists Sucker Punch, Fire Punch, and is immune to Outrage, only really fearing Gunk Shot, although it can live it. Iron Tail changes everything, as if it actually hits Diancie, Diancie is gone.

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Druddigon Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 536-634 (176.3 - 208.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 HP / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Steel Wing
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance

If you think your opponent is going to lead Diancie, lead with Fletchinder, click Steel Wing, and Profit. This also removes Diancie's ability to switch in and KO fletch at any point due to Fletch outspeeding and OHKOing with Steel Wing after a Swords Dance.

+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Steel Wing vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 324-384 (106.5 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Coverage move
- Final Gambit
- Spikes / Other coverage move idk

A play on the offensive Accelgor set, with Diancie's low HP, with just a tiny bit of investment Accelgor can OHKO the dumb diamond bitch with Final Gambit, clearing the way for teammates that would struggle with it, at the cost of your cute little ninja-bug :(
It was either this, HP Steel which is literally just for Diancie(doesnt even 2hko aroma) or like Modest Specs Energy Ball lol

Accelgor Final Gambit vs. 252 HP Diancie: 304-304 (100 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Iron Tail Absol

Also, Brandon, why didn't you just use Iron Head on that Druddigon? I mean, i'd hate to lure in a mon only to miss, and it's still pretty powerful (obviously KOes diancie so there's that)

edit: also just like to point out that sigi can do plenty with good moves like psychic and energy ball anyways, and that set pretty much lacks recovery, setup, and a good secondary stab on top of that (or alternately it can't touch hoopa or loses something else important). frankly i would've given it to drudd if anything cause i don't like any of these, except maybe houndoom, but iron tail D:

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I fail to see how Iron Tail, which I would consider a standard coverage move on absol, can be considered a lure, but w/e. I'm gonna go with flash cannon sigi but the cool kids use heavy slam emboar and flash cannon aurorus :[

e: if i'm allowed to i'll change my vote to heavy slam emboar since i actually have a chance :o

double e: If I can change my vote but I can't vote for myself, I vote for Iron Tail Houndoom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)