SM OU M-Heracross team

Hey guys, so I have built a team around M-Heracross, and they all meet the checks on Pyrotoz team builder.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Stealth Rock

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic toss
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Roles they fill:

Heracross being the star needs a bit of a nudge when he's stuck against a faster opponent, so shuckle is for set up, getting a sticky web and stealth rock to get a bit of damage and slowing enemies, a bit, but once he's done, Blissey comes in and enhances the slowing effect by tossing out thunder wave, Aromatherapy for when Heracross is stuck in paralysis, poison, and so forth, and Soft-Boil for sustain, while Seismic toss is to deal with super tanks like opposing Toxapex and Shuckle,

Toxapex and Decidueye are here for type coverage against, Psychic, Fire, and Rock, Toxapex also being used to deal with those that Blissey can't hit with thunder wave by poisoning them, then stalling them out.

And we have Excadrill for rapid spin, as well as checking fairy types with iron head.

And finally we have the star of the team, Heracross, taking advantage of skill link I went with a classic multi-type build, with pin missile and close combat being a good source of STAB for him.

Anyone got critiques they could offer? (Please don't suggest legendaries, I'd like to be able to raise this team from the start of the game to the end as well)

Last edited:
Right off the bat i want to say switch Blissey for Chansey as with eviolite it can take more hits than Blissey can

heres the set:
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Its the same set, just chansey w/ eviolite instead of Blissey and a bit of a different EV spread so it can take some physical attacks

But its your choice whether or not to use my advice becus if chanseys eviolite gets knocked off then ur in some trouble

Last edited:
Right off the bat i want to say switch Blissey for Chansey as with eviolite it can take more hits than Blissey can

heres the set:
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Its the same set, just chansey w/ eviolite instead of Blissey and a bit of a different EV spread so it can take some physical attacks

But its your choice whether or not to use my advice becus if chanseys eviolite gets knocked off then ur in some trouble

Also what is the pyrotoz team builder?
This is Pyrotoz (just a single page website)

http://pyrotoz.com/

Anyway, Eviolite mons and just easily shutdown by knock off and/or Embargo

Last edited:
Embargo's an existing move bruh

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Embargo_(move)

Also I prefer fully evolved mons anyway, plus Blissey tanks better
Yeah its an existing move but who the hell uses embargo? In all my experience not 1 person has used it. Also eviolite Chansey tanks better. Its true.
This is Pyrotoz (just a single page website)

http://pyrotoz.com/

Anyway, Eviolite mons and just easily shutdown by knock off and/or Embargo
For one NOBODY uses embargo and for two 99% of mons running knock off are physical, and like Mawile Ace said you shouldn't be staying in

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're going to ask for critiques, use a bunch of lower tier Pokemon, then deny the help you asked for, you should show some proof that the team works... PS replays, perhaps. Also, if you're playing on a sim, you can literally use anything. Traditional 6v6 can only be played in link battles on cart, which is honestly more work than it's worth. I get the whole "don't like legendaries" perspective, but if you're going to make a viable OU team while placing yourself under such strict rules, prepare yourself to beat Landorus-T in a majority of your matches because no one else is playing by those restrictions and making it past 1000 unless they're already experienced. Since you are making mathematically impossible claims (like Blissey takes hits stronger than Eviolite Chansey), it doesn't seem like you have such experience. Start with the tried and true teams and strategies and learn that way.

Ok, so I'ma try and break this down to explain the issues your team has.

For starters, like everyone has said already, Chansey is a much superior alternative over Blissey as it can tank better thanks to Eviolite. Sure, it hates Knock Off, but Mega Hera and even Shuckle are able to sponge a Knock Off for Chansey if necessary.
Even if you choose not to take Chansey, Blissey's ability should be changed to Natural Cure bcuz Healer is absolutely useless in singles and at least with Natural Cure you can heal your status whenever you switch out.

Next, Life Orb Excadrill is disgustingly underwhelming outside of sand, which you're obviously not running. A big issue with your team is that your offensive threats are very susceptible to getting revenge killed as none of them have a base speed higher than 88 and your only priority is Sucker Punch, which can be extremely easy to play around. Your team is very susceptible to being slaughtered by common Flying-types such as Mega Pinsir, Lando and Zard Y as they commonly pack coverage that can dent everything that doesn't get struck hard by Flying (although Zard Y does get walled by Chansey/Blissey). It's much more recommended to set a Choice Scarf on Excadrill and dump Swords Dance for Rock Slide which allows you to at the very least revenge kill 2 of those 3 threats.

Next up, drop Toxapex, and add Rotom-Wash. With it you're able to have a much easier time against Landorus-T as you're immune to Earthquake (unless they use Smack Down or Gravity in which case rest in peace) but otherwise he is able to serve the job of a physical wall well; Rotom also has Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical threats and Volt Switch which can potentially bring in Heracross to do major damage if used at the right time. An important thing to note is Rotom's ability to also pivot into Fire and Flying-type moves that could give Heracross and Excadrill trouble, while Heracross is somewhat capable of switching in to tank Grass-and Ground-type moves for it (although it usually dislikes the typical coverage that common mons of these types run). The following set would be recommended:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

My final suggestion would probably be dropping Decidueye for Gengar. Your team has a difficult time busting through many physical walls even with Rotom by your side, which Gengar can adequately do with Life Orb, Ghostium Z, or even Choice Specs without sacrificing the Ghost STAB that Decidueye had access to. You can also use Choice Scarf to make it even more effective at revenge killing which would also help your team with having another revenge killer. With Choice sets you can also cripple a Pokemon with Trick if used at the right time and with other sets you have Taunt to break stall, Will-o-Wisp to have another means of crippling physical attackers or Destiny Bond to take down a major threat with you.

Gengar @ Life Orb / Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp / Focus Blast / Destiny Bond

Gengar @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick / Thunderbolt

Dazzling Gleam is an alternative over Focus Blast on either set as well if you want to hit Mega Sableye harder, but it doesn't really seem very practical outside of that. Tbolt hits Skarm, Celesteela and bulky Waters like Toxapex and Alomomola, while Focus Blast can hit other Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Heatran (the latter of which Mega Hera dislikes fighting).

For now this is all I can think of that could benefit your team, if anyone else thinks that something should be done differently, don't mind mentioning it, as I'm not the most avid OU player out there, but I am willing to accept constructive criticism.

After a few games of playing this team, I realized that this team doesn't really have a check to Lando-T. The only mon that has a move strong against it is Toxapex which is sure to be outsped and hit by Earthquake before it can land a Scald. I would suggest finding a way to fit an Ice Beam/HP Ice on the team. My solution so far has been to run the Ghostium Z Genar from the previous post with HP Ice instead of Taunt, but even that is countered by a Choice Scarf Lando-T.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)