Mafia Championship S4 Nomination/Volunteer Thread (read post #38)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
no confirmed date yet but i know MafiaUniverse is planning on inviting us back to the mafia championship sometime in the next month or so

so i figured i'd go ahead and get on the ground floor of this

basically we get to send one person to represent our site. they'll play an NOC game, and a panel of judges will select the "best" players from that game to move on to a second NOC game to determine the winner of the championship

tl;dr if you like NOC go ahead and volunteer. if you know someone you think is good at NOC nominate em here

personally i'm going to volunteer myself - i don't think i'm the best, but i'll have free time in may and if nobody else wants to go i'm willing to do it

i'm also going to nominate the following players who i consider to be good NOC players:
Da Letter El (for the redemption arc)
UncleSam
Yeti
Blazade
Jalmont

so yeah. nominate people or volunteer or whatever. idk what the deadline is yet but i assume it'll be around mid-april (EDIT: deadline for our decision confirmed for April 22)

Last edited:

Ampharos

actually i want to nominate Empoof too and then pray that he doesn't roll scum because his scum game and town game are so astronomically different it's unreal

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Josh or blazade are my picks, especially in a pure scumhunting set up.

edit: of people i've played with of course

I also wouldn't mind going but it'd depend on when in May it was since RPG Limit Break is May 13-19 and I am incommunicado during that time.

Yeti would also be a better choice just based on sass alone.

Ampharos

given recent activity trends + overall level of play (and ignoring myself due to inherent bias) i think yeti's probably my first choice

sam probably going to be too busy, jalmont and dle high probability of idling, empoof's a dweeb (and barely even plays here anymore tbh)

blazade is someone i could also get behind, though i worry about him being able to keep up with MU's posting pace (i have a similar concern about asek)

josh is probably on my next tier down

Ampharos

I also wouldn't mind going but it'd depend on when in May it was since RPG Limit Break is May 13-19 and I am incommunicado during that time.

Yeti would also be a better choice just based on sass alone.
that's probably going to be right in the middle of the event so uh yeah rip

Ampharos

let's simplify this:

from now on, since there hasn't really been any opposition to this, let's consider yeti the frontrunner candidate. if you want to send someone other than yeti, either say why you think yeti's a bad candidate or say why you think someone else is a better candidate

Asek

Banned deucer.
Im humbled that you would nominate me twin but i dont think my scumhunting is developed enough to compete as high level town.

I would send one of yeti twin or blazade

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
let's simplify this:

from now on, since there hasn't really been any opposition to this, let's consider yeti the frontrunner candidate. if you want to send someone other than yeti, either say why you think yeti's a bad candidate or say why you think someone else is a better candidate
I don't know mu meta so this may be very wrong but I know on ms yeti would be lynched extremely quickly. dle is the best bet from this site if he actually wants to put in effort.

Ampharos

I don't know mu meta so this may be very wrong but I know on ms yeti would be lynched extremely quickly. dle is the best bet from this site if he actually wants to put in effort.
MU meta is extremely fast paced (so basically the exact opposite of MS lmao) and places a high value on both volume of reads and substantiation of said reads. wrt to all of those factors i think yeti is a fine pick

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
if they're anything similar to the last one, i think unclesam or yeti would be best at handling the too much;too many;too quickly;tl;tl;drs

asek would be next if the above two wouldnt go.

Josh

=P
yea I was reading the championship thing and someone said something like "this who require people to dedicate 3 weeks to mafia which is a lot" when that's like a very short game on ms

Ampharos

my two biggest concerns about asek are ability to keep up with the speed of the game (from what i can tell he tends to favor a strategy of longer posts with lower frequency) and relative inexperience

he's certainly nowhere near the bottom of my list but he's not at the top, either

Josh

=P
I also would point out ms town win rates are significantly higher but considering this is neither mu nor ms that's the opposite of relevang

Asek

Banned deucer.
Isnt the meta from the host site irrelevant considering everybody in the game is from a differant site and as such from vastly differant meta? Unless im missing something here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)