March Madness

Pretty self explanatory, just discuss March Madness and all.
So bracket season is starting, who's everyone picking/what does your bracket look like?
I don't like Gonzaga can go all the way, I think they fall later in the final four or something. Their first year with a postseason seems too good to be true. I think Kansas could go real far, I might have them winning it all. But Louisville is also really on top of their game right now. What do you guys think?

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Not sure what my bracket is going to look like atm. The teams I really like are those with big guards--Florida, Kansas, VCU, or teams which are really physical like Michigan State, Colorado State, and Syracuse. I am a Badger fan so I might pick them for the Elite 8 or Sweet 16 in the right matchup, but I don't know if they have the talent for the Final Four. Bo is overdue, though.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Georgetown gonna get it.

I don't see the whole mentality that Gonzaga is too good to be true, though, I think they're good enough for at least an Elite 8. They'e been good for a while, ever since their first big run; Few's definitely a solid coach and they've had strong teams in the past with Pargo, Heytvelt, etc. I hate Kansas but yeah they seem decent. It really is wide open this year, though, if I had to pick I'd say Indiana, GTown, Louisville or Duke.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I've followed the Big Ten pretty closely, and I'm pretty sure that any of the top 5 teams could win everything. IU, UW, OSU, MSU, and UM are all good teams. However I think UM (my team) has a better chance of losing in the first round (again) than they do winning it all, they're just not a good team when they don't have the entire crowd on their side.

I'd say outside the B1G, Duke has the best shot at the championship, followed by Louisville. Gonzaga will not get to the Final Four unless their tourney schedule is as easy as their WCC schedule was.

For Cinderellas, I like Colorado, South Dakota State, and two B1G teams, Illinois and Minnesota. Also if Iowa gets into the tourney, I bet they'll surprise a lot of people with a few wins.

I am a Badger fan.
. . .we might get along (lived in Madison my whole life until college)

although while we can do great against good teams like Indiana and Ohio State earlier this season (hopefully today too!) we have also been known to completely fall apart sometimes. Purdue and Michigan State come to mind as the most recent examples.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
. . .we might get along (lived in Madison my whole life until college)

although while we can do great against good teams like Indiana and Ohio State earlier this season (hopefully today too!) we have also been known to completely fall apart sometimes. Purdue and Michigan State come to mind as the most recent examples.
Completely agree with your post. Although I don't care about how we do today as long as we make it out injury free. Game doesn't matter for seeding.

Last year I boasted that the UNM Lobos would go to the Elite 8 before they lost in the round of 32 by 1 to eventual Final Four team Louisville. This year the Lobos will go to the Elite 8.

Hard to believe Kentucky is having such struggle this season, losing their invite to the big dance. I'm thinking this year will be a sixth seed year, no 1 seeds are looking promising. I'm having a strong feeling Miami's seniors could make a deep bracket run too, unless they begin to choke and turn the ball over like when they were playing N.C. State.

I see a lot of big upsets in the works. For one of my 12over5s, I have Oregon over, Oklahoma State, not that either of them can make it past St Louis to the Sweet 16. I put Belmont over Arizona, which was probably a stupid move, but again neither can make it past New Mexico to the Sweet Sixteen. I have Minnesota over UCLA, just because the slumping Bruins are injured as well, but Florida's going to give them a hard time. Finally, I put Davidson over Marquette which is ballsy, but they have the longest streak in America right now, and Marquette is grossly overseeded. I also but Bucknell over Butler, but that might have been a bad move. There's a lot of tough games to call, like Miami and Indiana, Florida and Georgetown, and New Mexico and Ohio State. Perfect Bracket's going to be tough.

If anyone gets a perfect bracket I'd be utterly shocked. I picked the Oregon upset as well, and the Oklahoma State. But the Elite 8 is going to be a real tough decision, even the Sweet 16 is giving me struggles.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually didnt pick as many big upsets as i normally do, but picked a lot of smaller ones. Im fairly happy about my bracket other than the east, which i hate picking anyone to come out of given miami and indiana havent exactly been playing their best basketball in the last month+

there really aren't any favorites to win this year like there was last year with kentucky so i dont know who has this. every top tier team is plagued with inconsistency and i dont know how to view gonzaga based on their weak conference. i think this year is Louisville's year because of the fact that they have an older, veteran team, and coached by one of the best in rick pitino

I put down a Final Four of Miami, L'Ville, Gonzaga and Kansas. Although, I want 'Cuse and UCLA to go far.

@Shining Latios LOL Cal in the Four.

every top tier team is plagued with inconsistency
The most true statement I've heard this year relating to College Basketball. I think Miami's seniors have enough to give a good deep run, but boy did they not look good under pressure against N.C. State. I think Kansas has a good shot of going far, and Indianna I think will lose earlier than a lot think. Wisconsin might be another team to keep an eye on.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
L'ville, Wisconsin, Gtown, Indiana are my final four. I thought the Final Four was the easy part it's the S16/E8 where it get's messy. I like some of the upsets people are talking about such as Oregon over OK. State and Davidson over Butler.. other than that I don't see any other major upsets from double-digit seeds coming and I think by the sweet 16 we'll have all 8 seeds or lower.

L'ville, Wisconsin, Gtown, Indiana are my final four. I thought the Final Four was the easy part it's the S16/E8 where it get's messy. I like some of the upsets people are talking about such as Oregon over OK. State and Davidson over Butler.. other than that I don't see any other major upsets from double-digit seeds coming and I think by the sweet 16 we'll have all 8 seeds or lower.
I have Florida losing round of 64 to NW state. lol

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
First link doesnt work, 2nd thing works fine. Gonna win

EDIT: I'm pretty sure my bracket is awful right now.

I've got Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Kansas, and Butler in the final 4 right now, with Kansas beating OK St in the finals. I expect this to change relatively soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)