SM Ubers Marshadow and Lucario Ubers

Mega Lucario and Marshadow Bulky Offense

This is my Marshadow and Lucario team for Ubers. The idea of the team is to abuse the typing and offensive redundancy of Marshadow and Lucario while also being able to switch into a large portion of the meta. The team is very hard to wall and it is very difficult to break as the team can revenge kill just about anything.

Be warned that this is my first post, so if the thread is screwed up somehow, that's my excuse.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-Turn

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Toxic

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

The Team

Marshadow

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature

-
Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
Marshadow is what I originally built the team around. It has amazing typing, good attack stat, and an amazing speed tier. Marshadow is able to pressure every team archetype in Ubers with these traits. It's a very standard set bar HP Ice, which is on Marshadow to hit Mega Salamence, as it gives Mega Lucario some issues.

Mega Lucario

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

-
Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
Mega Lucario seemed to be a natural partner for Marshadow, as it can pressure Fairy-Arceus and it has similar checks as Marshadow, such as Primal Groudon and Water-Arceus. This core very focused on wearing down Primal Groudon, as most people rely on it as their physical wall. As this core can struggle with Ho-Oh, I chose to run Stone Edge to lure it and kill it provided Stone Edge doesn't miss.

Yveltal

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Dark Pulse
-
Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
-
U-Turn
Scarf Yveltal was a must. It gives the team a Marshadow check and it assists in tearing down and crippling walls, such as Giratina, Primal Groudon, and Water-Arceus. Yveltal can also grab lots of momentum when forcing switches with U-Turn, allowing either Mega Lucario or Marshadow to come in and fire off powerful attacks.

Arceus-Water

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature

-
Defog
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
Since Primal Groudon is such a relevant Pokémon in Ubers, I figured it couldn't hurt to add another check, especially one as versatile as Arceus-Water. It can Toxic Primal Groudon and other walls to make it easier for Marshadow to wallbreak and for Mega Lucario to sweep and/or wallbreak. Arceus-Water also gives the team a solid pivot if Marshadow or Mega Lucario were to be face-to-face with a fast offensive Pokémon, such as a Primal Groudon with Rock Polish.

Primal Groudon

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature

-
Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Toxic
Primal Groudon forms a stellar backbone with Arceus-Water. It can switch into Primal Kyogre with ease, it is the sturdiest Stealth Rocker in the tier, and it provides offensive pressure as wall as pivoting ability. It also has the ability to Roar set up sweepers (or anything that's being annoying) and it can Toxic walls that switch in, such as Lugia or Ho-Oh if your opponent is aware you do not have Stone Edge (which most bulky Primal Groudons don't use). Additionally, SpDef Primal Groudon can switch into and wall Magearna, which has the potential to trouble this team.

Magearna

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature

-
Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split
Magearna fits like a glove for this team. Magearna can switch into a +2 Xerneas Moonblast, tank a +2 Thunder, then Heart Swap and kill Xerneas with Flash Cannon. In addition, it can also check Arceus-Fairy, which is a huge issue for this team, as it can be difficult to get Mega Lucario in the active safely at times. Magearna has Flash Cannon over the standard Fluer Cannon because Flash Cannon hits Arceus-Fairy consistently harder, which is much more important than hitting it one time hard. Magearna also checks Scarf Yveltal for Marshadow and Mega Lucario.

--------------

Threat List

Mega Kangaskhan

Mega Kangaskhan is a huge threat for this team. Although Mega Lucario can revenge kill it, Mega Kangaskhan can still do a number to the team, as it can Earthquake Primal Groudon and Magearna, use Double Edge on Yveltal and Arceus-Water, and it can use Sucker Punch against Marshadow.

Mega Blaziken

Mega Blaziken outspeeds the whole team after one speed boost. It also does 40% minimum with High Jump Kick to Primal Groudon, and 38% minimum to Arceus-Water. Arceus-Water is the best switch, but if they get a Swords Dance, it will sweep the team if you can't wear it down enough with Sucker Punch, Bullet Punch, Shadow Sneak, and Toxic.

Landorus-Incarnate

Landorus-Incarnate can 2HKO every Pokémon on the team. The only Pokémon it doesn't have a guaranteed 2HKO on is Arceus-Water, but it is still a 14.5% chance, guaranteed with Stealth Rocks. Yveltal has a 43% to OHKO it after Stealth Rocks, but even if Yveltal misses the KO, Mega Lucario or Marshadow can revenge kill with priority.

Special thanks to Gyslexic Duy(‽) for making small, but extremely important, edits and helping me make my first Smogon post :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)