SM UU Mega Aerodactyl Offense SM UU

So I have been playing SUMO UU recently and came up(with a lil inspiration) a mega Aero offense team.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 168 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

I started off with the S teir threat himself, Mega Aero. With its high speed, good stats and good offensive typing it is excellent in this tier. I decided to go with Wing attack over aqua tail because I have 2 mons that check hippo and only ape deals with celebi/ammongus/bulky grass types.

Next I went with Prim. She pairs excellent with Aero as she serves as a great check to those water types as well as being able to punch holes in steel types like Bronzong and forretress that aero struggle with while aero hits bulky grass types for prim. Volt turn support helps her get in safe and start smacking. She is also an offensive check to scizor which really give this team problems if its not at +3 or she isnt weakened.

Celebi helps deal with electric types that the first two are weak to as well as serving as a rock setter and bulky pivot and bulky water check. It checks opposing primirinas and keldeos who are both extremly threatening to the team while prim and aero help with bisharp and infernape who can easily KO celebi. Twave serves as a way to punish mons attempting to get a free switch in on celebi and try and force it out like lati,scizor or chandelure.

At this point the team was fairly slow and scizor weak so I went with scarf infernape. with 108 speed it ties with Terrak and keldeo and outspeeds base 100s/105s. With its dual stab it is a huge threat to alot of the tier especially to blissey, snorlax and umbreon who can be very annoying to deal with. Ape also is my main scizor answer.

I was still lacking power especially on the physical side so I added double dance terrak as a way to serve as a sweeper and wall breaker. against offense one rp can completely run through a team if scizor is gone and some checks weakend. Rockium Z lets u fire off extremely powerful Cont Crushes on things like clef,suicune and gligar who can be very annoying to the team.

With the team almost complete I lacked hazard control and was still very weak to scizor so I added def forretress to the team in the last spot. It serves as another pitot as well as a check to opposing mega aero,non sd scizor and things like Haxorus that want to set up. It also carries spikes in order to put added pressure on the opponents team. With its passive nature volt switching can be optimal in situations instead of setting up spikes so opposing spinners like m blast or fire types like ape and chandy can come in for free.

Weaknesses: SD Scizor(just scizor in general),stall, calm mind clef,scarf keldeo(if celebi is weakened)
any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hey, interesting team here. I'm not that great of a rater, but a small thing I noticed was using Mach Punch on Scarf Ape. Because your 2nd fastest team member is MAero, you are prone to being in a speed tie with other Maeros (which is why I don't particularly like Maero, but this team is built around it, so leave it). However, to alleviate this a bit I would suggest Stone Edge -> Mach Punch. Stone Edge lets you rkill MAero with the Scarf and Mach Punch is sort of pointless given Scarf already makes you faster than most threats and you don't want to be locked into a weak move like Mach Punch.

Hope this helps a little!

Hey, interesting team here. I'm not that great of a rater, but a small thing I noticed was using Mach Punch on Scarf Ape. Because your 2nd fastest team member is MAero, you are prone to being in a speed tie with other Maeros (which is why I don't particularly like Maero, but this team is built around it, so leave it). However, to alleviate this a bit I would suggest Stone Edge -> Mach Punch. Stone Edge lets you rkill MAero with the Scarf and Mach Punch is sort of pointless given Scarf already makes you faster than most threats and you don't want to be locked into a weak move like Mach Punch.

Hope this helps a little!
Thanks alot,I forgot that was on there. I think it was to hit +2 mega sharpedo but i see your point. What do u think of Tpunch? I can hit waters,maero and crobat with it

Thanks alot,I forgot that was on there. I think it was to hit +2 mega sharpedo but i see your point. What do u think of Tpunch? I can hit waters,maero and crobat with it
Hmm, I would probably avoid Tpunch because it's generally weaker than Stone Edge considering you are running Scarf and not something like LO or Band; although I can understand if you are wary of SE accuracy. Scarf Ape can still outspeed Mega Shark after one speed boost, but if you are still worried about Mega Shark or waters in general perhaps Bloom Doom Volcanion -> Rockium Z Terrakion. Water Absorb is a great ability to take Mega Shark and other Water hits. This takes away your set-up wincon, so I would suggest Nasty Plot Celebi -> Utility Celebi and potentially swap Spikes for Stealth Rock on Forretress, but that is up to your preference

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Recover

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave / Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Hmm, I would probably avoid Tpunch because it's generally weaker than Stone Edge considering you are running Scarf and not something like LO or Band; although I can understand if you are wary of SE accuracy. Scarf Ape can still outspeed Mega Shark after one speed boost, but if you are still worried about Mega Shark or waters in general perhaps Bloom Doom Volcanion -> Rockium Z Terrakion. Water Absorb is a great ability to take Mega Shark and other Water hits. This takes away your set-up wincon, so I would suggest Nasty Plot Celebi -> Utility Celebi and potentially swap Spikes for Stealth Rock on Forretress, but that is up to your preference

Celebi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball / Recover

Volcanion @ Grassium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave / Earth Power
- Solar Beam
So I just played about 15 matches or so and these changes were excellent. Volcanion has been a great check to other volcs,prim and keldeo as well as getting alot of surprise kills. Celebi has been great at aleving my celebi weakness and I decided to go hp fire in the last spot and scizors have been dropping like flies lol

So I just played about 15 matches or so and these changes were excellent. Volcanion has been a great check to other volcs,prim and keldeo as well as getting alot of surprise kills. Celebi has been great at aleving my celebi weakness and I decided to go hp fire in the last spot and scizors have been dropping like flies lol
Glad I could help out!

I've been playtesting this team quite a bit on the ladder. I really like it so far! I've been playing around with the fourth moveslot on Infernape. I've tried out stone edge, but found I never really used it. Thunder punch, rock slide, gunk shot, all similarly never touched. I'm sticking with Gunk Shot in case I run into any fairies. The team also has some difficulty dealing with fast electric types like Raikou and Z-hypnosis Xuirkitree. The only good solution is to sac a mon and clean up with Infernape. Hippowdown or Clefable would be nice to have, but I don't know who to cut. Probably Celebi or Primarina, if it comes down to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)