SM UU Mega Beedrill UU Team!

Hi there, this is the first competitive team I have ever made, and I would love some feedback on my team :)

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

When I saw the new smogon tiers, I knew that I wanted to make a UU team based around Mega Beedrill. With an insane speed stat, amazing stab moves, and decent coverage, he is an all around great mega to have. He also checks a good chunk some of the problem mons in UU. He is a decent lead with 427 speed after mega evolving, then being able to just u-turn out into Gliscor or Ninetales to either setup Toxic Heal and Stealth Rock, or setup Hail and Aurora Veil. You can also go out to Milotic since she can tank most anything, then stall out or pivot into something more useful.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Gliscor is one of the best mons in UU. He is a great mon to go into if you lead with Beedrill since the Toxic Orb will trigger that turn, plus you can setup Rocks next turn. Having decent defense stats, Gliscor is able to stall out mid-game if your opponent doesnt have any good ice moves left, since roost + poison heal on top of being able to just click Earthquake is too much for some teams to handle.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Refresh

The next mon on the team is Milotic. When I was building the team, I knew I was going to want a bulky pivot mon with ok coverage and the ability to stall out late game if I have to. Milotic was the clear answer for me. It is super bulky and is able to eat almost anything, it can inflict status conditions with toxic and recover. It can stall out with leftovers, recover, and refresh. If your opponent does not have a good answer to Milotic, she can cripple an opponents team on her own.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog​

I shouldnt have to go into too much detail about Latias, she is by far in the top 3 best mons in the UU tier. Being able to drop a draco, have amazing psychic coverage, able to run defog, and is able to sack itself for healing wish to help setup late game? Latias is absolutely rediculous.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 56 Def / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the part of the team where I was having trouble deciding what else I needed to have to cover faults in the team. This spot was originally Scarf revenge kill Chandelure since it had great special attack and great coverage. However, when I noticed I didnt have a clear answer to any of the dragons in the tier (outside from my latias which is a lackluster answer), I settled on Alola-Ninetales. One question I get all the time is "Why run Aurora Veil if you don't run a bunch of HO mons to abuse it?" My answer to that is because I dont need to. Being able to come in and be able to hit a 100% accurate Blizzard or a super strong stab Moonblast coupled with its great speed is just absolutely absurd. Aurora Veil is just something nice to have on the side if I need to setup with Raikou to sweep midgame. HP fire is for problem steel type coverage in the tier.

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Ghostium Z Raikou was the last mon I decided on to run. I mainly wanted good electric type coverage, but then being able to setup sweep late game really settled it for me. He has great special defense so he is easy to switch into, and without a good ground move your opponent can have a hard time to get rid of Raikou.

Well, thats all I got. I would love as much feedback as possible on this team. If you have any more questions about the team I would love to answer them! I have had a lot of success with this team on the ladder, and am looking to improve as I continue on. Thanks for all the help :)​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)